Nugget Shooter Forums

Newest california meteorite

Went out this morning with Mike Morgan to hunt some areas were nothing has been found yet. We were at it about and hour when I came across this little beauty.

post-1574-125512787494_thumb.jpg post-1574-125512794617_thumb.jpg post-1574-125512791275_thumb.jpg Hope the pics came out ok. Its amazing to find a meteorite where none have been found before. It took me quite a while to convince myself that it was really happening.

Hey Guys,

I laughed so hard when Paul called and said he found a meteorite and Mike didn't. But only cause Mikes plan this morning was to find a meteorite in the area (where him and Paul were) since no meteorite finds have been recorded there. Then Mike got even finding that larger meteorite on the way back.

Mike in my opinion that also classifies as a cold find cause you went to an area where no meteorite have been recorded and you found one.

Great job guys, the force is stong with you two.

Way to go Paul,

I am getting the bug to go hunt up some gold if you guys are game. I will give Mike a call. I still need for you guys to look at the meteorwrong I found in my tire tread. See ya, and congratulations on that cold find. You guys are on top of your game.

-Joe

Congratulations Paul, you definitely earned that bad boy! It's not going to completely set in until you wake up tomorrow with an ear to ear smile. This find will totally change your outlook on meteorite hunting and open up new grounds.

Mike no cold find today buddy but that's a beauty you scored there. Just think... it's been waiting there for you the whole time! Now it's your turn to get out there and score your cold find. I'm very confident you'll get yours soon!

Way to go guys, the season is starting out great for all of us, this is going to be the best yet!

Del

Man I am so jealous of all these fantastic finds of late. Once I head back to the states, I will be stuck in North Carolina, and the hunting there is tough! Congrats guys, you keep my hopes up, they would be higher if I had some dry lakes nearby! :thumbsupanim

[Rocco]

Man I am so jealous of all these fantastic finds of late. Once I head back to the states, I will be stuck in North Carolina, and the hunting there is tough! Congrats guys, you keep my hopes up, they would be higher if I had some dry lakes nearby! :thumbsupanim

[Rocco]

Mike and Paul, very nice finds indeed!!! I'm itching to go hunting, but need to plan my trips more judiciously with work and my finances. Student loads are a, *&^%$, well you know. The whole southwest has potential, but what direction to go..... Congrats again, Jason. ;)

Wow that got me all jagged up to go hunt now! Awesome finds guys, congrats on the cold finds.

Looks like ill be out for hunt this coming weekend.

[Erik]