Nugget Shooter Forums
Bunk

Theives!

My wife and I made our first desert trip this last W/E to LSD. The weather was great, did not find any AU.

All was great until the last day. Terrie had been doing homework and I talked her into going for a ride before we loaded up.

When we returned our trailer had been broken in to.

They got both of our computers and my GUNS! The good part of this is we did not come home to soon and have to look down the barrell of my own gun!

The point of this post is BE Careful out there!

Bunk

Hello Bunk,

THAT SUCKS ! Thieves are dumb though so keep an eye on Craigslist for the puters . I hope they catch the bastards .

Calvin that sucks ,We can not trust areas like we used to.Like Mike said they are stupid and they may show up at the local pawn shop or on craigslist.Sorry to hear this you sure did not need that .

Calvin,

That is terrible. I know how it feels to come home and feel violated, it happened to me last year. Hopefully everything can be replaced or they get caught and you get your stuff back. Good luck out there with the gold.

Matt

Sorry to hear that , Bunk. Make sure you report the loss of the guns to the police. Steve just got a gun back that had been stolen when somebody tried to pawn it. Good luck.

Dean

Sad & I hope those bastards get AIDS.

Not as bad, but 20 years back, thieves broke into my little camp trailer.

But, only got a gold chain, some tools & booze (no guns).

But really wrecked the trailer door window & door lock though.

Now, I never ever leave anything of any real big value at camp, other than the camping gear itself.

Guns, laptop, gps, camera's, detector, etc stays in the rig & goes where I go.

A little trick I learned, when you leave camp, always leave a BIG note saying.

JOE....WILL BE BACK IN 10 MINUTES, WENT TO SHOW RALPH MY NEW SHOT GUN.

A note like that will make a theif think twice.

1. You are armed.

2. You wil be back any minute.

3. Where is Joe?

The other thing, I now have a big mean well trained dog, I can leave at camp.

My dog would stop any sane person, from even getting out of a rig, near my camp.

One other thing, if possible, I always camp where there is only 1 narrow road in/out of the camp site.

Which also makes a theif think twice.

As, they could get ID'ed or blocked in - when they try to leave.

EDIT TO ADD:

The theives (2 brothers) that broke into my camp trailer.

Left FINGER PRINTS.

Both went to jail for 18 months over that.

I know the feeling! Hope they shoot themselves.

Stupid is not the word for this guy! He opened the cigar box with my nuggets, didn't take, had my watch in his hand, threw it aside, what luck for me!!

In 38 years of cruising the deserts we have never had an incendent like this. I am off today to buy a safe for the house and some type of secure lock box for the toy hauler.

Does any one here engrave belongings with ident. marks? If so how do you go about it?

Bunk

Bunk, it is a terrible feeling to get robbed.

I hope somehow those people get caught.

I have friends that bought those little electric engravers

and use them on all their expensive or important equipment items.

We have safes at home because we live in an extreme fire area.

I like the idea of leaving a note in camp. Good one.

Hope things work out, don't let it get you down.

Flak

Bunk

A safe is a good idea. One of those BIG HEAVY older safes. Do not buy the big new Walmart type safe (Century).

Over the years I picked up a lot of skills dealing with the theives. Couple months ago a good friend Joe passed away. One of the guys at work called and told me Joe's wife needed help. Joe had all his important papers in a big Centry safe and no one had the combination. The funeral could not proceed with out those papers. I jumped into my old pick up loaded with every tool you could ever need and rushed over. The safe was in a very small closet bolted to the cement floor next to the hot water tank. I looked at the asssembled family and said "you got to be kidding me". I retrieved a heavy hand sledge, crow bar and 2 large chisels. Without rushing it took me 90 seconds to open the safe. Bolting it to the floor only gave me leverage.

On a burglary case the owner (a jewelry Mfg) had a small high quality safe bolted to the bedroom closet wood floor. The bad guy did not find that. I told the owner he was a idiot. You could pry the safe off the floor with a pry bar in 15 seconds and off you go with untold riches.

It's not so bad when they just take your stuff. A resident was on vacation and found his home was entered while he was gone. The guy that broke in was a sick crap. Or I should say he crap on the floor right where the home owner would step as he entered the house. A month after I had processed the crime scene the owner called and said he had a photo of the actor. He was very upset. When I arrived he handed me a photo of a big black ass with the home owners tooth bush sticking out. This sicko took the tooth brush, stuck it up his ass and took a picture with the victims camera. Then put the tooth brush back in its holder and the camera back in the bedroom. A month later the victim had the film developed. For a month the victim was brushing his teeth with that tooth brush.

Yes there are worse things than just having your stuff ripped off.

Bunk, get a hand engraver and put your name and phone # on your stuff (not your guns :arrowheadsmiley: ). That's what a serial number is for.

Oh! buy a new tooth brush. You never know.

I too have lost things from camp.

Boat Motor.

Chain Saw.

Chairs.

Theres no such place as out in the boonies any more.

I don't get to far from camp any more.

Sad, Sad, Sad times.

:*&$*(:

Bunk

A safe is a good idea. One of those BIG HEAVY older safes. Do not buy the big new Walmart type safe (Century).

Over the years I picked up a lot of skills dealing with the theives. Couple months ago a good friend Joe passed away. One of the guys at work called and told me his wife needed help. Joe had all his important papers in a big Centry safe and no one had the combination. The funeral could not proceed with out those papers. I jumped into my old pick up loaded with every tool you could ever need and rushed over. The safe was in a very small closet bolted to the cement floor next to the hot water tank. I looked at the asssembled family and said "you got to be kidding me". I retrieved a heavy hand sledge, crow bar and 2 large chisels. Without rushing it took me 90 seconds to open the safe. Bolting it to the floor only gave me leverage.

On a burglary case the owner (a jewelry Mfg) had a small high quality safe bolted to the bedroom closet wood floor. The bad guy did not find that. I told the owner he was a idiot. You could pry the safe off the floor with a pry bar in 15 seconds and off you go with untold riches.

It's not so bad when they just take your stuff. A resident was on vacation and found his home was entered while he was gone. The guy that broke in was a sick crap. Or I should say he crap on the floor right where the home owner would step as he entered the house. A month after I had processed the crime scene the owner called and said he had a photo of the actor. He was very upset. When I arrived he handed me a photo of a big black ass with the home owners tooth bush sticking out. This sicko took the tooth brush, stuck it up his ass and took a picture with the victims camera. Then put the tooth brush back in its holder and the camera back in the bedroom. A month later the victim had the film developed. For a month the victim was brushing his teeth with that tooth brush.

Yes there are worse things than just having your stuff ripped off.

Bunk, get a hand engraver and put your name and phone # on your Oh! buy a new tooth brush. You never know.

stuff (not your guns :arrowheadsmiley: ). That's what a serial number is for.

Oh! buy a new tooth brush. You never know.

Frank, A big thankyou on the advice, new tooth brush coming up!!

On thinking about this, anyone that camps out that way should really be on the look out as this morron did pretty well off of me and could be looking for more easy targets in the area.

Bunk

I'm sorry for your loss. I also know the feeling of having things stolen from you. Lucky for me I was fishing pretty close to my truck and heard them breaking in. The authorities made it down before they left but the idiots took off in their car and the police ended up chasing them off the side of the hillside. Turns out they were all drunk and high. Thieves are the worst kind of people.

A very loud alarm in your camper or camp will help. Plus if you not far off it will alert you somethings up. With the way things are going you will see a lot more of this. That and worse! I live in a high rise full off rich old folks. Two doors over is a section 8 high rise full of gigger junkies. When I arrest one I tell them I'm your neighbor. They look at me real funny. I tell them I'm the guy that stands in the window with a rifle in the building next door. The words out. Stay away from the building with the nutball with a rifle. :cigar:

That sucks! Lot's of good advice from these post though. Get an alarm. Post a note on the door saying you'll be right back (with your shotgun). Leave a great big bowl with dog food in it outside the door, and a dog leash attached to the handle. Inscribe ID marks on your things. Don't take lots of valuables into the field, or keep them locked in your car trunk or truck box. Etc...

Hope you catch the bastards and get your things back.

Paul

My wife and I made our first desert trip this last W/E to LSD. The weather was great, did not find any AU.

All was great until the last day. Terrie had been doing homework and I talked her into going for a ride before we loaded up.

When we returned our trailer had been broken in to.

They got both of our computers and my GUNS! The good part of this is we did not come home to soon and have to look down the barrell of my own gun!

The point of this post is BE Careful out there!

Bunk

Bunk,

I'm sorry to hear of the break in and loss. The feeling of being violated is one that's hard to shake. I got rid of my pop-up for that very reason. It was too easy to break into. The only reason for locks in the first place is to keep honest people out. Locks don't mean diddly squat to thieves as you're well aware of. Be safe.

h20prospector

PS: The dry washer is still working.

Well that really F`n Sucks Bunk....sorry for your property loss, but as you said , it could have been worse. Glad you & the wife are safe.

Its just amazing where the tweeker, loser thieving bastards will show up. I`ve had my camp pillaged a couple times while away. Once in Lynx Creek, and once at Campland in Mission Bay.. I`m almost sure they had been watching you guys.

I will definately keep more of an eye out when hunting the LSD. Thanks for the heads up!

I hope those bastards get caught! Like you said though... you're lucky you didn't surprise them by coming back. It's hard enough receiving proper treatment for a gunshot wound in the city... let alone way out bum f**k Egypt.

I am sorry to hear about the loss. I met you out there on Saturday when I was digging in the wash and you rode by. Hope you had some kind of insurance on the stuff. You know it wasn't any kind of a prospector that did it because I am sure the nuggets would have been taken. Take care of yourself and hope to see you out there again. Bob

Bunk,

If you can ID the stuff check the flea market at Whittman next Fri & Sat also this is the big weekend in Wickenburg These rats live nearby, you can bet on that!

Calvin, sorry to hear about your loss. Kind of expect it in the big cities, but not in the boonies-

Shep

Oh Calvin, I feel your pain! I wish I could have been there to help. Glad neither of you got hurt. I hope there is a silver lining to this episode.

Calvin...That sucks...My immediate reaction is "Morristown or Wittman" and kids...Kids wouldn't probably think of the value of either nuggets or a watch...Did you checkout and photograph the tracks? ... There are some local scumbags who use LSD as their personal dump ... I'm sorry for your loss but glad it wasn't worse ... Did they trash anything besides stealing? ... Unc

Bunk

You did report this incident to the Police? Let me guess that the trailer was not processed. Now you don't find prints everytime. When you do and if they were arrested before, bingo! Other things can be left behind. Footprints, tire tracks. Had one idiot drop his tool on the ground. His name was engraved on the tool. :rolleyes: In a lot of areas the Police will just sluff you off. We don't do that here. If I was out that way I would do it for you and just turn anything over to the local PD. You do need to report the gun's so the serial numbers can be entered on NCIC. You never know when they will show up.