Nugget Shooter Forums
Bunk

Theives!

Bunk

You did report this incident to the Police? Let me guess that the trailer was not processed. Now you don't find prints everytime. When you do and if they were arrested before, bingo! Other things can be left behind. Footprints, tire tracks. Had one idiot drop his tool on the ground. His name was engraved on the tool. :rolleyes: In a lot of areas the Police will just sluff you off. We don't do that here. If I was out that way I would do it for you and just turn anything over to the local PD. You do need to report the gun's so the serial numbers can be entered on NCIC. You never know when they will show up.

This was reported to the MCSO and they took prints, pics. Just have to hope for the best. This will not scare us off, just going to change how we opperate a little. I am sure we will pick our camp spots better and keep a sharper eye on the people that come into our area.

Anyone that has seen my rig can tell you that it really stands out and looks like we are made of money to the common crack head and this time he made out like a bandit, so to speak..... I am sure that is what lead to this attack. There is nothing I can do about our apperance of affulance, just got to be more careful, and that goes for any body that ventures out in the back country. I went and got a safe for the house and looking into some type of secure lock box for the toy hauler, My, how times are a changing!! Thanks to all!

Bunk

My wife and I made our first desert trip this last W/E to LSD. The weather was great, did not find any AU.

All was great until the last day. Terrie had been doing homework and I talked her into going for a ride before we loaded up.

When we returned our trailer had been broken in to.

They got both of our computers and my GUNS! The good part of this is we did not come home to soon and have to look down the barrell of my own gun!

The point of this post is BE Careful out there!

Bunk

That is really, really horrible. I hang out in the LSD area almost every weekend. I am worried with the price of gold rising that we will see more and more folks heading out to the desert and not respecting it. Jumping claims, and causing problems. I usually leave my truck unlocked, but I guess I'm going to need to start locking it.

I hope they get caught.

Sorry to hear about experience with owlhoots Bunk, that just makes my blood boil. Do I want them to get caught Yes, but only after they have stepped in a nest of rattlers. I think the guys are right when they propose that we be extra cautious when we walk in the desert, and play in the dirt.

Thats great news on them taking fingerprints ...Figured they wouldnt bother.I`ll bet the bastards have been in the system before ,and I hope the sheriff keeps you informed...Dumb asses dont even know what gold looks like or what its worth :hahaha:

Sorry to hear this also, Bunk. I hope they catch them.

The watch he had in his hand, and didn't take (thank goodness), was that the

gold pocket watch you detected a while back? (I think that was you, wasn't it?.... :shrug:)

Greg

Shep

The boonies have got to be the place where a lot of thieves really

like to work. They have even busted a few rings of thieves that do nothing

but hit campgrounds,and trail heads in popular hiking spots. These guys

cruise and look for camps and parked vehicles do a smash and grab,and are gone

in minutes.

Bunk

Park in a place that can be seen if possible. Pick out a vantage point that you

can see from if you don't have a clear view that you can check from now and then.

Remember windage,range,elevation. If you see them break a lock ,window,or grab

stuff cut loose on their tires and radiator. Dial 911 and the cops will usually

meet them running for their lives. If they don't run refine your aim. :yuk-yuk:

Sorry to hear this also, Bunk. I hope they catch them.

The watch he had in his hand, and didn't take (thank goodness), was that the

gold pocket watch you detected a while back? (I think that was you, wasn't it?.... :shrug:)

Greg

Thats the one!

Bunk

Bunk,

I mentioned it at the Miners Creek gold club meeting last night in Wickenburg and asked the members in attendence ( about 50 or more) to watch the local sales and drop a dime to the Sheriff if something didn,t look right. I am like SGFTA , I beleive it was local meth heads of who we have an abundance of along Hy 60, the sheriffs know who they are so maybe they will find them.

Good luck!

max

Bunk,

Put a BIO HAZARD sign on your door, with a pair of rubber gloves hanging there, while away. A RADIOACTIVE sign wouldn't hurt either. The dumbshits somehow know what these signs mean.

Tried to post a picture of the signs, but to dumb to figure it out right now.

Next outing of more then a few folks, Set a trap!

One camp off by it lonely and put a bird dog on it.

In addition to my previous post, where is LSD?

Thanks.

Paul

In addition to my previous post, where is LSD?

Thanks.

Paul

It is by Morristown,AZ. LSD= Little San Domingo Wash.

Bunk

Gracie & I were up in age when we started the gold search, & She was stone deft, We would spend 10 months a year in the gold fields & never lost a thing, Knock on wood. Gracie was a southern gal who would make any old Desert Rat welcome & insists they eat or lease have something to drink.

I had some chest pains & spent 5 days in the hospital in Winnemucca,NV. Gracie was stuck at Rye Patch alone with a lot of gold ( allot for us )

no phone, being deft she could not hear with one Even if she had one. Leaving her alone worried me but didn't bother her at all, Tuff old gall. Good Times