Nugget Shooter Forums

Mid/high end detectors.

Benz

Whats a good detector for around 2k bucks. I think the mine lab 2200 is my choice but i dont know of more out there. Also what can the 2200 do? Small gold? depth? It will be used for prospecting.

I would like some reviews. How does it do with small gold lihe grain of rice size? at what depth? How about 1 oz and what depth/\

thanks

Whats a good detector for around 2k bucks. I think the mine lab 2200 is my choice but i dont know of more out there. Also what can the 2200 do? Small gold? depth? It will be used for prospecting.

I would like some reviews. How does it do with small gold lihe grain of rice size? at what depth? How about 1 oz and what depth/\

thanks

Benz, it's a great detector and continues to hold value. Bill (the forum administrator here) and members, Montana, Grubstake, Uncle Ron and many others have or continue to own one. Use the Search Feature on the forum, there are many comments and some nice gold found with it. It's also been known to find the specks!

Gary

Benz, it's a great detector and continues to hold value. Bill (the forum administrator here) and members, Montana, Grubstake, Uncle Ron and many others have or continue to own one. Use the Search Feature on the forum, there are many comments and some nice gold found with it. It's also been known to find the specks!

Gary

What kind of upgrades are needed? I read somthing about a fiberglass shaft? are a signal enhancer?

Benz, you will want to add an enhancer...with the enhancer you may not need to buy the very best headphones. For prospecting away from other the external dual speaker system is my favorite setup. Yes, I have owned and used a 2200...you can find them for considerablely less than 2000 bucks...

Fred

Benz, you will want to add an enhancer...with the enhancer you may not need to buy the very best headphones. For prospecting away from other the external dual speaker system is my favorite setup. Yes, I have owned and used a 2200...you can find them for considerablely less than 2000 bucks...

Fred

where do i get the enhancer and where can i get one for considerablely less then 2k. best i seen is around 1750

Why not get a used Gp extreme or a Gp 3000 :confused0013: hell you should be able to get one of those for under 2000 and have a newer better model :icon_mrgreen: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

i know ML has some new models out. But what ones do i want? Isnt the 2200 made for gold? I have a GMT. I dont think you can get a 3000 for near 2000 bucks used.

IMO Notttt-the 3000 will hit on small gold better :icon_mrgreen: --if you wait for the right deal you can get a nice 3000 with extras for under 2000 :headphones: ---Mike C... :ph34r2:

how about on bigger deeper gold? Is the 2200 better in anyways? I wish there was a comparison chart. i found a fully loaded 3000 with extras for 2k. Is the 3000 used better then a new 2200v2?

Hi Benz let me ask you a question--what do want- :coffeetime: -you very first question was will the 2200 hit grain to rice size gold :hmmmmmm: in my opinion the gp series is much more sensitive to this size gold-I believe that as far as big gold goes they are equal in depth-lets face it theres alot more small gold than big gold-soooooo which one would you choose :innocent0009: -the only advantage of buying a new 2200 over a used gp is you'll be getting a warranty--so if this is impotant to you then go for the 2200--but if you playing a numbers game---do the math :headphones: ---Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hi Benz let me ask you a question--what do want- :coffeetime: -you very first question was will the 2200 hit grain to rice size gold :hmmmmmm: in my opinion the gp series is much more sensitive to this size gold-I believe that as far as big gold goes they are equal in depth-lets face it theres alot more small gold than big gold-soooooo which one would you choose :innocent0009: -the only advantage of buying a new 2200 over a used gp is you'll be getting a warranty--so if this is impotant to you then go for the 2200--but if you playing a numbers game---do the math :headphones: ---Mike C... :ph34r2:

I want the best dector for 2000 bucks new or used.

your right i been looking around and the GP is better. i think ill try to find a used GP.

Benz...appears to me you have cast off with no paddle...you need to do some educating...your questions indicate a lack of research. No one can answer every question you need to ask and most will not. Why, because these questions have been asked many times and usually by people that don't want to do their homework...

But to answer a couple of your questions...

There is no BEST DETECTOR at any price...buy the one you can afford that serves for your purpose.

Bill has a store on this site...did you look? Most of the major forums have a store connected to them...at least three that are Arizona based do.

Now, rather than starting in the deep water why not back up...explain some about what you have done, what you hope to do and where you may be doing it...that way, the ever helpful prospecting minions can fine tune the information you ask for...

Fred

Benz...appears to me you have cast off with no paddle...you need to do some educating...your questions indicate a lack of research. No one can answer every question you need to ask and most will not. Why, because these questions have been asked many times and usually by people that don't want to do their homework...

But to answer a couple of your questions...

There is no BEST DETECTOR at any price...buy the one you can afford that serves for your purpose.

Bill has a store on this site...did you look? Most of the major forums have a store connected to them...at least three that are Arizona based do.

Now, rather than starting in the deep water why not back up...explain some about what you have done, what you hope to do and where you may be doing it...that way, the ever helpful prospecting minions can fine tune the information you ask for...

Fred

Heres the deal... Theres alot of areas I can detect at. The depth of the GMT isnt enuff.( not even close) I been reading about the GP3000 and it gets rave reviews. People love it. Its right in my price range and will work great on the spots i have picked out for the winter.

One question i couldnt answer is how reliable is the GP3000. I havent heard of anyone complaining about it breaking. I know it came out in 2003. I know that minelab still supports the gp3000 and it will for some time.

My question is how reliable is the gp3000? Has anyone heard of it breaking down? when i get it how can i test if its working right?

thanks guys for all your ideas

Benz the GP3000 is a great machine and you can't go wrong with. There is not much to go wrong with them. I owned one and never had a single problem with it. If you read the sites people are having more problems with the GPX models examples (on/off switch). If you but a good used GP3000 you will get a good gold getting machine. Once you get her dialed in you will want to sleep with that machine. In the event you get one give me a call and I can get you up and going over the phone and have that thing purring like a kitten. Good luck with your purchase, and Minelab is the way to go!

Benz,

I personally have used the GMT and the Gold Bug 2. Both as you know are VLF machines and both are very good at finding very small gold.

I also have a GP Extreme which I have used, not as much as I would like due to back and knee injuries, but it is good at finding small and large gold. It all takes time spent in the field with them and a couple good coils. The Minelabs take more time to learn but are well worth it.

I hope this helps some.

OL'29er