Nugget Shooter Forums

Wow I like this TDI and the TDI Loves Gold!!!

Lonny007

Howdy just wanted to drop a line about Whites new TDI, I was a fan of the MXT in Relic mode hunting for gold nuggets in N CA and S OR, fun great machine and she treated me well, but the Minelab would go much deeper then the MXT and I left a small fortune behind, but I loved the feel of the MXT in my hand and its external speaker, discriminating abilities, internal battery. I must say this new TDI is like a Minelab packaged in a Whites MXT shell minus the Display, what a beauty she has been and nicely balanced like a extension of my arm. I have been running in low mode and I love how quiet it sounds when you run over most iron items, you can not tell there is anything there tell you run over lead or gold. I found all the gold in 2 to 3 weeks time and it picked up all sizes in low mode including the 1 1/4 nugget specimen in pictures.

I recently moved out of the Gold area, so selling my gold and my book collection on the area I lived at in Siskiyou County, where I recently found a nice area to find some nice size gold nuggets and pocket gold with quartz on it which was a first for me. The books come with my personal gold location cd and a few of the nuggets come with a tour of where they and most of the nuggets in pictures where exactly found, Yes I am the infamous Lonny007 that has found a few great areas to hunt in the past and unfortunately for me, I tend to leave pounds of gold behind me, hehe must be because I am still not swinging a minelab, you would think I would have learned my lesson by now. Lets see what kind of gold comes out of this new patch area?

The picture of the gold on the MXT and TDI was all found in the first month of owing both machines 4 or 5 months ago, it wasnt long before it got too hot, so I have never got to put a fall and winter there to really hit it good, it is a big area a guy good spend allot of time around there detecting also lots of possibility's for neat relics and old coins. The TDI really worked well for me neat machine, I like the fell of the detector, internal battery, external speaker, no cords and the freedom, versus the minelabs for the type of hunting I was doing.

Link below.

http://shop.ebay.com/lonny007/m.html?_nkw=...om=&_ipg=25

Whites_TDI_Gold_Low_Res.jpg

MXT_337_grains_Low_Res.jpg

Howdy Frank the deepest was the 1/2 specimen and 1 ounce 1/4 about 2 foot in a tailing,

the other anywhere from 2 inches to 16 inches.

Hmmm ya use common sense and your own judgement, my favorite spots all have BLM land on them though, The Gold Location CD has about every know gold location on it, except the ones people took to there grave, but most likely it will get you close to most those areas too.

Seal could you do me a favor and post here how many pounds of gold did I and about 4 other internet know individuals leave behind on my one particular favorite spot you seem to be refering too, this new spot of mine is old BLM land non claimable, in fact why dont you buy one of my books with the gold location cd for sale, and come up my way and get yourself another pound of gold out of this new area.

I think you and a few other people did quite well off my earlier forum post a few years ago?

Some of these areas are on private property and the land owners are aware so beware

Thanks Lonny but I know pretty much where a lot of these areas are since I was raised in Siskiyou Co around Yreka and Ft Jones and besides, I have my hands full right now.

Nice looking gold though.

I did take a lot of gold off your old areas, but it has been inaccessible for quite a while now, just wanted to inform people that a lot of the Shasta Co areas are on posted private property and patrolled.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm you know the area I think you are referring to, still has plenty of tailings closer to the paved road that has not been hunted much because of the trash and is not on private property, some parts are pretty scary with a minelab or most detectors, but you know with the MXT if a guy was to run that in Relic mode and instead of using a discriminator setting like 2 bump that baby up to 4 or 5 where a nickle gave off a good sound and anything less then that gave off a honk, basically you are telling the detector to pretend the 22 bullets, and brass cartridges are iron so you do not have to dig them, you could even raise it up higher to take out bigger size lead. Since allot of gold out there is proven to be bigger then bullets, this could be a fun and productive way to hunt, hell what do I know though, seems to me the guys in Ganes Creek areas have proven it can be productive. Food for thought!

Thanks Lonny but I know pretty much where a lot of these areas are since I was raised in Siskiyou Co around Yreka and Ft Jones and besides, I have my hands full right now.

Nice looking gold though.

I did take a lot of gold off your old areas, but it has been inaccessible for quite a while now, just wanted to inform people that a lot of the Shasta Co areas are on posted private property and patrolled.