Nugget Shooter Forums

Sound Enhancer Mounting Plate

Gudio

I have to admit...I never did like the way the Sound Enhancer just slapped on to the side of the detector. It seems like a sloppy way to mount it, with this setup you can put a more form fitting cover on the control box without the small enhancer wreaking the smooth lines of the box and it is MUCH easier to adjust your dial for fine tuning. The first picture is of the plate made of aluminum cut to fit the Enhancer, bent to configure to the cuff side of your choice, bead blasted and painted flat black. Just remove the two bolts that hold the detector control box in place, slip on the new mounting bracket, reinstall the nylon bolts, adhere Velcro on the new plate, install Enhancer and your off to the races...Naturally the latest generation GPX don't really need an Enhancer, but the older units defiantly do! I will be conducting field trials if not this weekend the one after...I don't really see a problem so far with it at this time, Just like to share ideas! Guido...

post-22490-1253857862_thumb.jpg

post-22490-1253857873_thumb.jpg

post-22490-1253857880_thumb.jpg

post-22490-1253857892_thumb.jpg

post-22490-1253859271_thumb.jpg

Guido that's a terrific idea. I was just thinking that with a little modification you might make a good permanent hanger for the Pocket Rocket. Maybe a couple of holes drilled in the plate and then hang the Pocket Rocket thru the holes with a couple of zip lock ties or nuts and bolts or rivets...Wadda you think. Jerry

Guido that's a terrific idea. I was just thinking that with a little modification you might make a good permanent hanger for the Pocket Rocket. Maybe a couple of holes drilled in the plate and then hang the Pocket Rocket thru the holes with a couple of zip lock ties or nuts and bolts or rivets...Wadda you think. Jerry

I have been considering that...Installing the Pocket Rocket in this manner...I don't know how well it would hold up in this configuration (Velcro only) but a fellow detectorest has a plate today and will give it try in the field and he will see how it works out! Maybe wrap zip ties around the top of the plate and the bottom on the power regulator should to the trick! But you can only zip one side of the regulator...It maybe enough tho...Bottom line...I don't really know if this setup with a Pocket rocket would work in the long run, the object being heavy and the battery could come off if hit right and the angle if it maybe too much to over come in the bush. My initial design was for the Enhancer...I use a modded GPX battery pack cut out of the harness... trimmed down in height to accept a Pocket Rocket with Alice clips permanently installed then mounted on a web belt. Guido

post-22490-1254274239_thumb.jpg

post-22490-1254274260_thumb.jpg

post-22490-1254275439_thumb.jpg

Guido

I also use a military web belt for my 2000 battery. I attached a harness for the hip stick and use a Russian surplus ammo clip holder for the battery. It is a perfect fit.

post-384-1254327509_thumb.jpg

I have my depth enhancer (adjustable voltage) attached to the control box side with industrial velcro. The detector is a Ismael Jones SD2000GPM with the new VCO frequency adjustment. It also has 6 fixed frequencies. You can use either or. This detector is one of the first 200 2000's made and is a killer on deep big stuff that the new units won't handle. :icon_mrgreen:

post-384-1254329273_thumb.jpg

post-384-1254329290_thumb.jpg