Nugget Shooter Forums

New prospector checking in.

Auprospector101

Hello everyone. I have been a member for a while but have not had the time to do any posting. Now I do. My old friend, Micro Nugget, just dropped by today and got me fired up. Anyone in the SD area interested in going to the field, let me know. I do belong to the PCSC in the L.A. area, and in San Diego I belong to TSS (Treasure Seekers of San Diego County), and SPMA (Southwestern Prospectors & Miners Assoc.) I use the Gold Bug 2 and also a drywasher and dredge equipment.

I have been prospecting and detecting since the 1970's. I owned Finders Keepers of San Fernando Valley for a few years and sold detectors and prospecting equipment.

Jerry

Welcome Aboard Jerry. You and Antman hook up let Micro-nugget know and maybe we can all four get together.

Ol'29er :coffeetime:

WELCOME Jerry

Don't forget Herb! Send me a PM or email at accuturnmfg@yahoo.com. Most of the time

I can get out with a few days notice for a day trip or longer. Would be great to meet

up with you all.

Great Day to All

Herb

Colin, I am working in San Marcos. When it cools off I have a few spots between Julian and San Isabel. Also off of Banner Grade, if you know the area. Found gold at all the locations. Probably by the end of October I will be hitting the Julian area. The spots I know are not on any ones claims. So I keep them sort of quiet.

I have traveled to Arizona many, many times over the years. But its right here in East San Diego County if you know where to look!!! Plus there are lots of good relics to be found here also!!!

Hey There Nugget Shooters,

Thanks for having me!

I'm just getting ready to jump into some serious nugget hunting here is the Southern California Desert.

I'm still trying to decide on a machine though. My budget is around $800 and so I think I've narrowed it down to the X-Terra 70 the GMT, MXT, and the Gold Bug II.

Here's a bit more specific focus that might help you all help me to decide:

I'm only interested in nugget hunting in the southern california deserts.

I'm not sure if this area is considered high in iron (high iron bad, right?)

If iron is not an issue here, does that mean I should use a machine with a higher freq mode?

Because finding nuggets is easiest at higher freq's?

As you can tell, I'm very challenged in MD knowledge.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

DaveyT

DaveyT,

I can only speak for the Gold Bug 2, but can vouch for it's worth and ease of operation. I just started prospecting about two months ago and have exclusely used the GB2. It's light weight, sturdy, and I've found 11 nuggets with it in the Randsburg area already. The smallest is about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen! I've been nothing but impressed with it. I paid $799 for mine and it came with a 10" and 6" coil, a bag, a little shovel, and an arm strap. Right at your budget.

Paul

Gary,

I've always wondered about those areas. Been living in San Diego since 1984 and could never find anybody who could tell me much about what's out there. The books I've read say gold is there, but that's as close as I've been able to get. If you want to plan a day trip out there sometime soon give me a holler and let's go!

Paul