Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost Basin Meadview AZ

frank c

Took a ride sat. morning wit my favorite red headed prospecting partner, we went to the Coyote Melon Festival and then drove over to Lost Basin

What a magnificent place wish I could have walked down into it with my detector, AHHH SHOOT, its Lake Mead National Rec Area :laught16: tooooo bbaadd I could'nt recreate there with my :icon_mrgreen: favorite pastime :icon_mrgreen: .

Great day though I won a nice nugget in the nuggetshoot contest at the festival. Also detected a pinhead nugget during the hunt which went in to the poke.

Theres a pic of the hunt area and I believe the Queen Tut Mining area in the mountain yo the right.

Good people and we enjoyed the day there and will go back next year for the 7th Annual festival.

post-562-1253470477_thumb.jpg

post-562-1253470523_thumb.jpg

post-562-1253483674_thumb.jpg

Aloha Frank,

Dang, I wondered what all them festival signs were for alongside the road. I kept on seeing them just about every 1/2 mile on the way out of Dolan Springs and just couldnt figure out where they would hold a festival. Guess it was your lucky day for them gold nuggets even tho you couldnt use a metal detector you still walked away with a nuggie. :laught16:

aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan, they had 2 hunts at the festival we had a great day I only entered the nugget hunt. If you know where the GPAA claim is in meadview it was right across the street. I got to meet some on line people while there also. Next year I am thinking of setting up a booth for my drywashers at the festival.

Frank, those festivals are always fun, not to many people though..... Those Coyote melons grow all over in that area, especially in spring and fall. They remind me of miniature watermelons. But that GPAA claim across the road does have some good drywashing gold if you ever get a chance to use your drywashers there. Dave

Frank, those festivals are always fun, not to many people though..... Those Coyote melons grow all over in that area, especially in spring and fall. They remind me of miniature watermelons. But that GPAA claim across the road does have some good drywashing gold if you ever get a chance to use your drywashers there. Dave

Dave, check your PM,s.

Max

Archived