Nugget Shooter Forums

GPX 4500- Cherry's gone

Silver Dog Doug

Went back to the place where I found my first gold nugget. I hadn't found any gold with my new 4500 and was starting to worry. Well it happened just after noon. I found a 0.2 dwt. so I know the 4500 will find small gold. I was using the 9x14 gold stalker. The Skunk is gone and now I can relax. :laught16::laught16::laught16: Dougpost-3800-1253416916_thumb.jpg

Cool Doug! I'm eager to get back to where I got my first nuggets and try to pull out some more as well. I'm using a GB2 and learning the niceties of running it. I got gold my first day, nada day two, so want to get that skunk off my back.

Cool Doug! I'm eager to get back to where I got my first nuggets and try to pull out some more as well. I'm using a GB2 and learning the niceties of running it. I got gold my first day, nada day two, so want to get that skunk off my back.

Hi Adam , From what I hear you have a great machine. It took me a yr. to find my first gold nugget. Your have made a great start, keep it up. Doug

Congradulations. Did you ever clean the dog?

• 1 month later...

Nice find!

Still trying to break the cherry on my SD2200D after 2 years of Northern Nevada skunkville... the ol' gold bug is my standby for small crystalline stuff in central Washington State.

Looking at the NF Advantage 25RM to rip the outskirts of Ryepatch or the Eugenes this winter to treat the 2200 right - 4 days with the stock 11DD in September didn't turn up anything but bullets and a rivet from someone else's detector (though my girlfriend DID find a nice chevron nugget in clear quartz (inclusion) in a crystal dump with her White's GMT) pictures of that one soon...

Best to all