Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi Makeshtdrag,

I can't tell from your picture. Could you please get another shot so that the surface of the stone can be seen clearly. Also, if you can take a diamond-file or a sharpening stone and file a "window" into the stone, to expose the interior matrix, it would go along way towards identification.

Good Luck, Ben

found this in the woods today I thought it might be a meteorite. But from what ive seen and read in the web today i dont think it is. so I figured I would ask the experts ; ) it weights a little over 10 pounds.
Hi Makeshtdrag,

I can't tell from your picture. Could you please get another shot so that the surface of the stone can be seen clearly. Also, if you can take a diamond-file or a sharpening stone and file a "window" into the stone, to expose the interior matrix, it would go along way towards identification.

Good Luck, Ben

post-22531-1253298325_thumb.jpg

makeshtdrag,

Welcome! Sorry but your find looks terrestrial to me. I could be wrong of course. Have you done all the meteorite tests you can find here on the forum yet? I'm sure you will get more opinions from the members here. Good luck and good hunting to you!

Dean

makeshtdrag,

Welcome! Sorry but your find looks terrestrial to me. I could be wrong of course. Have you done all the meteorite tests you can find here on the forum yet? I'm sure you will get more opinions from the members here. Good luck and good hunting to you!

Dean

Look at the Space Indian post I did.

See how I am investigating it.

This site has some good info!

http://meteorite-identification.com/streak.html

• 4 weeks later...

hi, for the first look it does not look like meteorites to me ,more granit stone ,it does not have fushion crust you can allways expose it to meteorites expert for identification

<!--quoteo(post=124162:date=Sep 17 2009, 07:20 PM:name=Regmaglitch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Regmaglitch @ Sep 17 2009, 07:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=124162"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi Makeshtdrag,

Good Luck, Ben<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hi , for the first look it does not look like meteorite to me ,more granit stone i think ,it does not show the fushion crust ,expose it meteorites expert he may tell you more about it ,good luck .jafar