Nugget Shooter Forums

Prospecting transportation.

lost1

What type of prospecting transportation do you use?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What you curently use?

• Quad
    • Rhino
    • 4x4 SUV such as Jeep, Blazer, Bronco
    • 4x4 Full size truck
    • 4x4 Mini size truck
    • Other
  2. 2. What do you think would be best to use?

• Quad
    • Rhino
    • 4x4 SUV such as Jeep, Blazer, Bronco
    • 4x4 Full size truck
    • 4x4 Mini size truck
    • Other

So I have been using my Ford F150 2x for all my prospecting needs but i have decided to up grade to something else. I'm wondering what you guys are using and some pros and cons that I might not be thinking of. So here is what I'm considering either quad, Rhino, Jeep Cj8, 66-75 Ford Bronco. I'm leaning towards the Bronco. What do you guys think?

I used to have a 68 Bronco.... very capable 4X4 but they are old and most need a lot of TLC. The CJ-8 would be my choice of what you want! Your poll does not account for taking the quad to places with the 4X4! I use the truck to get my quad, mining gear and camp trailer to the camp spot, then use quad to get around. I realize dredging takes much more equipment than beeping, but it sure is nice to take the whole kit and kaboodle!

IMG_0189.jpg

I used to have a 68 Bronco.... very capable 4X4 but they are old and most need a lot of TLC. The CJ-8 would be my choice of what you want! Your poll does not account for taking the quad to places with the 4X4! I use the truck to get my quad, mining gear and camp trailer to the camp spot, then use quad to get around. I realize dredging takes much more equipment than beeping, but it sure is nice to take the whole kit and kaboodle!

IMG_0189.jpg

Yeah i understand that. Luckily i sold my dredge about 2 months before cali made it a crime to help the environment. with the way things are these days i like to keep my stuff close by. so thats why i have thought against a quad plus that would mean i need 2 to take anyone with me.

Other.

Recently back from 12 weeks in CA. Chevy S10 shortie, v6, 2x. No camper shell. Just a tonneau lid. More than I needed fit in there. Only a couple of roads where I backed out. Two good legs, a detector and a pick or flyfishing.

Age 67.

Headin' out again soon in the Chevy.

Love my 2 toys-86 long bed/long trans/4 x 4 & 04 TRD 4 x 4 ,big 6 engine tacoma cab+-NEVER found a spot I couldn't get in/out of and pulled many bigns' outta trouble too- tons a au 2 u 2-John

I bought a 92' Chevy Blazer 4x4 a couple of months ago. I havent taken it in any terrain that is too rough yet, as its got some street tires on it and I want to get some better ones. But I cant wait until I do.