Nugget Shooter Forums

Last chance canyon

went there last year 106 deg. that day, had lots of fun lots of bullets, but no gold.

hope you find some, good luck.

Joe

Hi Joe, I also went there last yr., while visiting my Daughter in Bakersfield. It was 103. Tomorrow is supposed to reach 98.. Take care. Doug

Trying to take a 2WD down that canyon is asking for trouble, lots of high rocks and deep soft sand to drive over. If you have a high clearance 4x4 with good tires and a spotter you should have no problems getting though. Be careful driving over the rocks because they easily cut your tires up. The heat isn't to bad, if you regularly go out to the desert and are equipped for it you should be ok. My friend and I drove through there last weekend and there was a Jeep Grand Cherokee stuck at the narrows on the GPAA claim. We looked around, honked, and whistled but couldn't find anybody (we would have pulled him out), so we left. Not sure if it's still there, but it sure was a pain to get around him since he got stuck in the middle of the road in a narrow canyon with vertical walls. Know exactly where you are because Red Rock Canyon State Park boundaries are very close and BLM doesn't like prospectors going in there.

Good luck be safe and have fun!

Del

Trying to take a 2WD down that canyon is asking for trouble, lots of high rocks and deep soft sand to drive over. If you have a high clearance 4x4 with good tires and a spotter you should have no problems getting though. Be careful driving over the rocks because they easily cut your tires up. The heat isn't to bad, if you regularly go out to the desert and are equipped for it you should be ok. My friend and I drove through there last weekend and there was a Jeep Grand Cherokee stuck at the narrows on the GPAA claim. We looked around, honked, and whistled but couldn't find anybody (we would have pulled him out), so we left. Not sure if it's still there, but it sure was a pain to get around him since he got stuck in the middle of the road in a narrow canyon with vertical walls. Know exactly where you are because Red Rock Canyon State Park boundaries are very close and BLM doesn't like prospectors going in there.

Good luck be safe and have fun!

Del

Thanks , I went through the Canyon last yr.( No problem 4x4 FJ Cruiser) It was 104 then. Doug