Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost my pack on the Hassyampa

Yo All...Today, Dodacious and I headed out into the Vultures on the cool quad Montana has sold us...But my dumb ass didn't strap down my trusty ol' camelbak pack which included binoculars my daughter gave me as a present years ago, my garmin gps, my winchester multitool and a bunch of map reading gadgets--PLUS a map that has some secret patches on it...Anyhow, there was a bunch of folks out in the area today enjoying the beautiful weather and one of them scored about $300 worth of goodies, not counting the map to the patches..(Priceless)...I would be surprised if I hear from the finder and get it back, but a guy can hope! ...There was a pill bottle with a couple pain pills in it with my name on it... If anyone knows anyone that was out Gates road at Morristown today who lucked into a treasure trove, let me know...Cheers, Unc

Sorry to hear about the loss, maybe there was some honest soul that found it and has the common sense

to determine who it belongs to and the heart to return it.....best of luck--buckle up

Hey Unc, maybe if you post a simple ad in the local paper and any local free publications with the disc. and date lost offering a REWARD it may help.

The reward can be as little as 20-25 dollars OR offer a small piece of gold when someone replys.

The greater percentage of folks out there are honest , believe it or not its true and you may be surprised to find that out in this situation.

HELL Look what happened with the lost pendant you found and returned to a member of the forum :innocent0002:

I wish ya luck with it.

:twocents: Bummer !! Hopefully your great karma,returning lost items, will come back 10 fold I believe. If not the reward always puts a shine on folks morals. Losing keepsakes really hurts,I unfortunately know. John

Sorry hear about your luck Ron :tisc-tisc: but I have no doubt that you'll get it back like I got my pin back from you a year after I lost it---what goes around comes around :innocent0002: new quad--do you still have the one I sold you---good luck---Mike C... :ph34r2:

Thanks for your thoughts, guys....I'm gonna scatter some signs around the area today...I just realized the pill bottle had my name AND address on it, so it should be easy for the finder to get in touch if they're so inclined....Mike, yes, I still have the quad I got from you...Dodacious is inheriting it...It's a keeper for sure...Cheers, Unc

Ron

What a bummer. I've been on the other end of things like this and always have gone and found the owner of the belongings. I believe in treating folks the way I would want to be treated. Hopefully the one who picked it up has a conscious. Hope you get everything back.

Take care, Wes

Yo All...Today, Dodacious and I headed out into the Vultures on the cool quad Montana has sold us...But my dumb ass didn't strap down my trusty ol' camelbak pack which included binoculars my daughter gave me as a present years ago, my garmin gps, my winchester multitool and a bunch of map reading gadgets--PLUS a map that has some secret patches on it...Anyhow, there was a bunch of folks out in the area today enjoying the beautiful weather and one of them scored about $300 worth of goodies, not counting the map to the patches..(Priceless)...I would be surprised if I hear from the finder and get it back, but a guy can hope! ...There was a pill bottle with a couple pain pills in it with my name on it... If anyone knows anyone that was out Gates road at Morristown today who lucked into a treasure trove, let me know...Cheers, Unc

Unc,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'll say a prayer some honest person, or the one who finds it has their honest bone reset if they are otherwise inclined not to be.

h20prospector

Keep the faith! Have a good friend, Dragnuts, 'misplaced' his large nuggets at a Clamper event; which he carrys everywhere! They were found and returned to him. Most people are honest. Give them time to download and you'll get a call.

Shep

It could come back!

I lost stuff before in Isolated areas and it showed up!

The people that frequent those areas tend to be good folks! :bowdown:

Look at the bright side, if a doper found it, he might contact you to see if you have anymore of them pain pills! But that is a bummer, when DOC came out to hunt with me, he brought two GPS units, I told him to take them with him, he ended up losing one, and getting lost to boot!. Grubstake

I know some guys that were DS riding there at the same time and one mentioned finding a small day pack. I'll call him today and see if anything matches up, he's a good guy so if it had identifying stuff in it he would be sure to try and find the owner.

BTW gold topped $1K as I wrote this.

Lotsa, I PM'ed you with description and my phone #... I have my fingers crossed...Thanks much...Cheers Unc

There were two distinct groups of folks out riding and I'm positive that one of the two groups found the pack...Due to the bumpiness of riding across the Hassyampa sands, I'm sure it fell off the quad right in the main sandy area in the river not more than 100 yards from the truck parking area...Oh Well..Que Pasa... Cheers, Unc

Ron, that is a bummer. Sorry. I've lost things in the desert before as well. Couple years back I found a wallet with some money still in it out by Table Mesa. Tracked the owner down on the internet and he came and collected it and hooked me up with a gift card to red lobster. It had been out there for a few years. Pretty amazing.

Wahooooo!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I just got off the phone with a nice young guy from Surprise who found my backpack last weekend..He said there was still ice in my hydration pack when he found it..It just so happens Dodacious is down there shopping and he and she are going to meet up and he'll return it to her.....He got my name off the pill bottle and called the drug store who called me.... Thanks for all your good wishes on this ... Cheers, Unc

Wahooooo!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with a nice young guy from Surprise who found my backpack last weekend..He said there was still ice in my hydration pack when he found it..It just so happens Dodacious is down there shopping and he and she are going to meet up and he'll return it to her.....He got my name off the pill bottle and called the drug store who called me.... Thanks for all your good wishes on this ... Cheers, Unc

Ron

That's as good as it gets. Just goes to show you...Listen to Grubstake!!!

Bet you sleep good tonight.

Get out there and swing

Herb

Ron,

Grubby had it right! Rest easy now!

Oldsalt: I found a wallet at Old dale near 29 Palms that was lost in 1932, it had 3 dollars in it and a WofW card, the WofW never was able to locate him.

For those of you who have a Garmin GPS you can program your name,address, telephone and a message into it so when it boots up thats the first thing that appears, if the guy who owned the one that I found in Baja had of done it he would have it back instead of me keeping it.

Max

Wahooooo!!!!!!!!!

Really good news Ron! I'm happy for you - Terry

Ron,

Grubby had it right! Rest easy now!

Oldsalt: I found a wallet at Old dale near 29 Palms that was lost in 1932, it had 3 dollars in it and a WofW card, the WofW never was able to locate him.

For those of you who have a Garmin GPS you can program your name,address, telephone and a message into it so when it boots up thats the first thing that appears, if the guy who owned the one that I found in Baja had of done it he would have it back instead of me keeping it.

Max

Max,

Thanks! - just updated my welcome screen to include what you mentioned. :whoopie:

h20prospector