Nugget Shooter Forums

Anyone know

Allen in MT

Somewhere in my stack of stuff I have an answer to that. It is much more then one would think considering that last year only 3000 permits were issued.

If I remember, Siskiyou County figures their loss to about to 6.5 million. That may not seem like much in these modern financially giant times but to a remote county it is very important. I've heard businesses are beginning to pack and leave ...

Anyone know how much money was pumped into the state of Calif. from dredge permit fees, taxes derived from equipment purchases, gold found sold put into circulation, etc etc? what will it cost the state when they closed the dredging.

Allen

I have seen estimates as high as a loss of $85,000,000.00 in lost revenues for California and California tourism. I wonder how much California companies like Keene will lose this year in sales? - Terry

Looks like an Icon of the mining stores may close...... Pioneer Mining in Auburn! Awhile back I spoke with Pat Keene and asked him how something like this would effect Keene. He told me it will sting bad, but they have such a strong word wide market they will be OK........ Hope they do not move out of the country

Unfortunately, Fred hit the nail on the head. Add the deserts to the forests. They don't want anyone out there either. :tisc-tisc:

Here is a thought to dwell on.

If the ares are wilderness and can only be walked on the built in trails, Are they going to pave all the trails so that those who are in wheelchairs can enjoy the beauty also?

OL'29er :innocent0009: :coffeetime:

Here is a thought to dwell on.

If the ares are wilderness and can only be walked on the built in trails, Are they going to pave all the trails so that those who are in wheelchairs can enjoy the beauty also?

OL'29er :innocent0009: :coffeetime:

Bob that is freakin hilarious!! :laught16: This is something I was pondering this weekend with a friend as a matter of fact. From what I've seen, a lot the land thats being closed off to us that you can only hike into certainly isn't in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act. :confused0013: I personally would like to see a class action lawsuit against BLM to challenge that one. Afterall if the Eco-Nazi's can sue BLM for all this eco crap why can't disabled americans?

Del

Bob that is freakin hilarious!! :laught16: This is something I was pondering this weekend with a friend as a matter of fact. From what I've seen, a lot the land thats being closed off to us that you can only hike into certainly isn't in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act. :confused0013: I personally would like to see a class action lawsuit against BLM to challenge that one. Afterall if the Eco-Nazi's can sue BLM for all this eco crap why can't disabled americans?

Del

Well Del do not be suprized when OL'29er puts in the paperwork :laught16: :outtahere:

Allen,

It's difficult to say how much income the state lost over the ban on dredging...Like everything, what you see and hear coming from the government, you can bet it's going to screw you...The real winners in this deal were the politicians with their hands under the table that voted for the measure...We have arrived at a point in time when "We the People" don't mean squat...Maybe it's house cleaning time at the legislature...

Dean