Nugget Shooter Forums

Az Mines and Mineral Museum

John B.

Hi All

I'm pleased to announce that the bigger part of my Gold and Platinum nuggets and Space Rocks collection have found a new home :whoopie: . Most of these items and a few added ones are from those I had on display in the Flandrau Science Centers Mineral Museum on Campus at the U of A and will be added to my existing collection at the mines and mineral museum. The new permanant home is the Az Mine and Mineral Museum in beautiful downtown Pheonix Az :twocents: . The curator has plans on adding my space rocks to a new case ( hopefully with heavy duty legs) and their gold case which had my second best pieces in it ,has been reinforced with structural steel to hold the added tonnage of the whoopers I've found or weaseled over the years :woohoo: . I enjoy supporting these museums and institutions since most are begging and pleading for funding and our hobby is on the edge of closure :grrr01: . Hopefully these will help in some small way to help to make a difference :hmmmmmm: . There are some nice pieces and make for an excellent display :innocent0002: . I assure you you will get your dollars worth on the admission fee of a couple bucks to see these pieces and support our museum and industry all at the same time :icon_mrgreen: . My only request is please don't leave lip prints on the glass or slobber on the floor :laught16: !! My thanks go to strong man Nevada Chris Ralph for helping me haul the tonnage home from the Flandrau and breaking the ice on adding to the mines collection. AZ4AU Mike for helping me weight and log the boat load of rocks for the curators pick up and a few fellows who sold me a piece or 2 over the years ( you can now reenjoy your finds for the price of admission :shrug: ). Happy Huntin John B

John,

I personally look forward to seeing you collection as well as others on display. Some might think that your rough around the edges but we know how big your heart is. Thanks for giving people the chance to see gold and space rocks.

OL'29er :coffeetime:

Another great post fron J.B. and happy to hear your heartthrobs have found a new home.

Hope to see you at the G.B. Outing, My other half and I may not have to camp there with my ol okie camper we've been using the past few years, it looks like we may have a REAL camping vehicle this year if all goes well. Then I wont have to listen to you tell me I look like an okie again :laught16:

Hey good buddy,its nice that you have a home for your slim pickins. When in the Pheonix area this comming winter I'll do a look see at your goodies again.

Harry

The museum has a very nice collection, but when I was there in February, they were practically begging me to ask John to bring his collection to them in Phoenix.

Here are just a few of John's pieces which will be on display there (and I'm not even including the meteorites).

post-187-1251074912_thumb.jpg

post-187-1251074930_thumb.jpg

post-187-1251074947_thumb.jpg

post-187-1251074968_thumb.jpg

post-187-1251074980_thumb.jpg

post-187-1251075006_thumb.jpg

post-187-1251075019_thumb.jpg

Hi All

Ben the curator thought she might have it out within a week althought I doubt it :shrug: ?? But I guess they have several cases available and were looking to enhance their space rock exhibit. I currently have a nice display of gold their but all the space rocks they have of mine were donations :innocent0002: . Now they have most of my main masses and a few oddity pricy ones I bought for the Flandrau :hmmmmmm: . Many of the space rocks are Az but quite a few Nv and Russian as well as many of my Omanie finds before I got thrown in the slammer :Huh_anim]: !!

Happy Huntin John B.

I hope you have a signed deal for their return. I lost more samples than I care to admit up here in Redding when they closed the Carter house museum here--no warning and no return either-spent years trying to get them back. Much respect john--John

Hi All

Mike ,Ben is Regmaglitch. He's a handsome fellow with a cool son Erik that I think you met at franconia ?? John they are annual loan agreements the same type I had at the Flandrau. All items are wieghted, photographed , valued and signed for. The museums maintain insurance on them. Oddly you can't insure your items in a safty deposit box. Happy Huntin John B.

Hello John,

Your first sentence threw me off by not having a comma after the word Ben , "Ben the curator thought she might have it out within a week " .

It sounds like you were addressing Jan as Ben the curator , anyway .

Here is the pic of your display this afternoon before they sealed it up.

post-8-1251163497_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike

Geeze I hope they don't use my hand written blue post em sticker labels in the display cases :Huh_anim]: !! That would be real tacky :angry-smiley-010: !! It's nice to know I had you as a guard dog up there :twocents: !! Were you packin heat :innocent0009: ?? Did they beep your pockets on the way out :hmmmmmm: ?? Happy Huntin John B.