Nugget Shooter Forums

Happy Patch

Uncle Ron

Yo All...Got out today with small results beyond exercise....Here's an area I've pulled a few ounces from...Plus some old military jet parts from a 1950's crash ... I really like hunting here but the gold is far flung and spotty... Ya just gotta look for the areas where the grey dirt and the red dirt come together, with a bit of hot rock and some limonite...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-1251008326_thumb.jpg

post-9-1251008363_thumb.jpg

post-9-1251008447_thumb.jpg

Uncle Ron ,thats a nice lookin hunk of Yeller metal. What was the weight of that piece and what coil you were using. I remember the pics of the aircraft parts from that area.

Harry

Yo All...Harry that nugget was right at 3/4 ounce after I cleaned it...It was over an ounce before and about 3 grams of gold crumbled off of it in the sonic cleaner...I was using my old baboo NF 14E mono on my SD2100....Here's a repeat of the photo just out of the ground...Was good to get out and I'm heading back out today...Cheers, Unc

post-9-1251047798_thumb.jpg

Hey Uncle Ron

That gold looked so much different after it was cleaned up.I don't think you will get to the point that you say O'h no not another gold nugget when you dig one up. :laught16:

Thanks for posting all the pictures of gold and scenery.The only part I don't like is I'm not there myself.

Chuck Anders

Hi Uncle Ron

Thanks for the pics, good to see finds. Keeps the interest up for those of us that are not

able to get out to the good areas due to work or distance. I was near there last winter,

just a nice place to be.

Regards

Herb

Very nice Ron :icon_mrgreen: I got out yesterday as well to enjoy the cloud cover I also beat the skunk but barely :innocent0009: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Yo GP John & All...I did get back out but the heat and humidity just nailed my heiny...I got about a half mile down a wash, diggin' a bunch of bullets and boot tacks, and darn near couldn't make it back up to my scooter...It was one of the more seriouso heat problems I 've ever had...took me about 20 minutes to regroup under a spotty shade of Palo Verde, but finally was OK...This desert has its funny ways and sometimes you can just get caught off guard...That doesn't happen to me often, but when it does, it refreshes my respect for the desert....Like Doc says, "Be careful out there".... I'll sure be glad when the late September, early October weather comes....That

is always the beginning of my hottest (nugget-wise) gold finding!!!...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

PS...Here's another perspective shot o' that nuggster:

post-9-1251176309_thumb.jpg

Very nice indeed, Ron,

Say's a lot about that detector in the hands of a man that knows how to use it.

It cooled off a bit so I was going to go out Sat.. First thing that happened was a stone dead Batt.. in the quad. Guess its good that I didn't go because by the time I got through fooling with that thing, the sky opened up and really dumped, also a lot of 1/2" hail.

Bought a new one today so should be good for go.

Bob T.

:innocent0009: Nice catch Uncle Ron wish I was there I'm a newbie to the site and nugget shooting I live in Wittmann az and am looking to get back into the hunt, I used to pan and crevice with my dad, now im unemployed and time on my hands, do you know an area not too distant from Wittmann a newbie can learn in?? as I don't know this contry I'm looking to a pro for some help-advice and pointers, thanks for your time Joe

Yo All...Got out today with small results beyond exercise....Here's an area I've pulled a few ounces from...Plus some old military jet parts from a 1950's crash ... I really like hunting here but the gold is far flung and spotty... Ya just gotta look for the areas where the grey dirt and the red dirt come together, with a bit of hot rock and some limonite...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Yo Adam...That IS the nugget I posted in the past...I started this post to show the area because it is a unique area with far flung gold where you have to really use your observation skills to find the little patches which are scattered around...If you study the photo, you'll see some interesting indicators.... :icon_mrgreen: ...That makes it fun...Ya just never know when you'll stumble on a hot spot...Cheers, Unc

Hey Cuz,

That's some pretty find looking gold you have there...

That getting the puny feeling out in the heat is sure not a good thing.

I know drinking that sports drink called ZERO, no sugar, but with the potassium really helped me. I even doubled up on my potassium pill intake as I was feeling puny too during the hot spell here.

Not sure if that is your problem, but when I exert a lot, and have some leg muscle cramps, its because my potassium level is low.

Eating a banana is a good thing too.

Hope you get a handle on that heat thing. My nephew got a little puny and disoriented in the nevada desert, and his blood sugar level had dropped. Thought I was going to pack his big carcass outta there, not likely...

Take care!

Cuz Gary

Archived