Nugget Shooter Forums

Some photos from the last hunt

Guest bedrock bob

It was breakfast in Pecos yesterday morning! Enchiladas with sausage and fried eggs. Hit the trail by 8:00 and spent the next ten hours (and five miles) beeping for irons.

I hit the little pallasite on the right at 18” deep! The full length of my pick handle! That is the deepest meteorite I have dug to date. I believe the meteorites know I am using a Minelab now because they are staying pretty deep these days. It seems they never come up for air anymore. Either that or my patch is getting pretty hammered.

I was sitting there with a sore back admiring it when a baby horny toad hopped up on my coil. I couldn’t get him to pose with the meteorites but he did sit for a quick snapshot.

Bedrock Bob

Nice finds, Bob...Horny toads are always good luck, in my experience! ... What is the name of the meteorite your finding there? ... WTG ...Cheers, Unc

Guest bedrock bob
Nice finds, Bob...Horny toads are always good luck, in my experience! ... What is the name of the meteorite your finding there? ... WTG ...Cheers, Unc

That would be the Glorieta Meteorite Unc. the old 2100 is a darn good finder for those and I appreciate the technical advice on that machine.

I agree horny toads are good luck...Horny anythign is good and if it happens to be a toad then so be it.

Bedrock Bob

Aloha,

Awesome little iron with a LOT of character to it. Looks almost like a jack! :laught16:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Nice finds Bob! Yep.... 18 inches sounds about right. That's no problem for a SD2100 or any of the ML PI detectors especially when it's an iron target. Looks like your dialed into your 2100 to me. Just wait until you start nailing gold that deep!

Del

Hi Bob,

Those are some cool-looking pallasites. You're gonna have to start working out at the gym if you're gonna keep digging 'em up that deep. Oh, and by the way, I read an article in National Geographic that said Horned Toads have an acute sense of smell for enchilada sauce......................poor little guy, probably followed you for hours.......................

Nice Score, Ben

Bobby,

Nice!!! Congrats on some nice finds! Been having the bug to hit the hills lately but I am still working on the the other area we have spoken about. It's only a matter of time and determination before we hit the right spot! You have the beer ready right?

Here's the daddy of the little Horny Toad...

Right on!! Bed Rock on!!!!

Dean

post-14020-1250205346_thumb.jpg

Great finds Bob,

I only wished that you found them when Silver Dog Doug and I were up there hunting with you. Would have loved to fondle a Glorieta. :rofl2: Oh well, maybe next time.

Bob Boorx4

Guest bedrock bob
Great finds Bob,

I only wished that you found them when Silver Dog Doug and I were up there hunting with you. Would have loved to fondle a Glorieta. :rofl2: Oh well, maybe next time.

Bob Boorx4

!

Hey Bob!

I wish you fellows had been able to score one too. You guys know how tough that place is! It is funny how they are so much easier to find when you stand right on top of them.

Want to meet out in Holbrook when it cools a little? You can fondle a few then.

Doug sent me some contact info way back in the spring and I have not delivered on that promise I made him. Is that still a good address?

Bob also.

Bob, Fantastic Finds!! :woohoo: Sooo deep! Good thing about going deeper, seems like it's less trash more meteorites. Thought I would relate something about horny toads that I came apon earlier this year. Near the middle of this big dry lake (5 miles diameter) there was an 1 foot high island about 40 foot in diameter, with two small desert srub plants, a couple dozen black ants, and one big horny toad, and that's it. A little ecosystem in the middle of really noooowhere. We could start to teraform Mars with these guys. Clifton