Nugget Shooter Forums

FISHER repair/customer service question

greendave41

Hi all,

quick question. I'm about to purchase a used Fisher GBII. Have been told the 6 1/2" coil needs a wire repaired where it meets the coil. Just want to make sure that FISHER is reputable on their repair service and if that is something that is covered under warranty or if it will cost me extra. Just want to hear some opinions before I jump on buying the machine.

Thanks,

-Dave

By the way you worded your question I would suggest you get the serial number from the detector and then CALL the manufacturer and address the problem with them and get your answer about warranty coverage and or out of pocket expense.

I believe others will answer you also on their experiences of dealing with the repairs on these detectors in general.

Good luck.

Hi Dave-

I had a lot of problems with the coils for the GB2,esp the 6.5 inch. But I never had a problem with the service- no matter how long I had it. They would always send me a new coil but things may be different now since they changed ownership. Like Frank said- give them a call and see what they say.

Steve

I sent my Gb2 in For a service ,cost 130.00 to tighten up the face plate. They wanted the money up front to do the service. When they did the service they also changed out some of the switch which .I do not know if that was needed to be done. When fisher was in Los Banos I had a 6.5 coil go bad and they sent a replacement coil wright out no questions asked return the old coil in the prepaid box.

Now that the other company has taken over fisher I do not think that they have the same customer service. Just my opinion.

DARIN WAGNER eye4gold

For some reason that 6.5 inch coil is more susceptible to problems then the other ones and it can drive you batty. But since that little coil was my bread and butter- I had a backup in case one went bad. If I had any problems with either of them- they would always replace it - no questions asked. But it looks like things are different now since the change in ownership.

Steve

Amazing, I have had my GB2 for 12 years, put about 8000 hours on it. Not one bit a trouble and it still is finding lots of gold. All with the 6 1/2" coil.

Last year I purchased an F2. After a few months the ON/OFF tactile quit. I sent it to Fisher in Texas. Fixed, quick turn around time.

Keep up the good work Fisher.

Hi John,

Goldbug Ron

Amazing, I have had my GB2 for 12 years, put about 8000 hours on it. Not one bit a trouble and it still is finding lots of gold. All with the 6 1/2" coil.

You were a lucky sob. Almost everyone I knew had the same problem with the 6.5 inch coil- the connection were the cable went into the coil. Fisher better not stop making that small coil as they are the bread and butter of many gold prospectors.

Steve