Nugget Shooter Forums

Cancer sucks

All you space rock chasers, please read my post over on the Gold Nugget Shooting Forum.

You are the greatest bunch of friends that any person could ask for............

Jim

Jim,

Keep your head up!!! Your attitude towards your situation speaks mountains of you and your strength! When you are able to hit the field for more adventures, please post some pics for us to see. The gold and meteorites are waiting for you!! Remember Jim, head up for fighting :fighting0030: and head down for hunting gold and meteorites :icon_mrgreen: ! Best wishes and prayers to you and yours.

Go get um Jim!!

Dean

Jim,

I replied to your post on the Gold Nugget Shooting Forum and wanted to add that you were one of, if not the most influential person for keeping my interest in metal detecting so high. As a newbie a couple years back, your patients and kind words of encouragement and guidance really made me feel at home. It would have been real easy to blow off “another” new guy, but you didn’t, I am truly grateful and I will not forget it. Thank You.

You’re in our prayers and thinking of you ,

Dave

Keep up the fight Jim. I havent had the honor to meet or hunt with you yet. You truely inspire alot of us here on the forum and even though we have not met face to face you are a good friend all the same.

Hi Jim, I'm sorry to hear this news. Small cell/Oat cell and squamous are the real bad guy's. Squamous cell is largely do to smoking, it likes to set up in scar tissue. Large cell has been treated with great success. Keep your spirit's high and take any treatment they give you. The Cancer treatment center's of America are great to talk with and willing to help. Also, get second opinions.... Keeping a positive attitude will help a great deal. Did they mention anything about stripping the lymph nodes out ??? Losing the weight will make your heart work less and be stronger.

keep those spirits high, your in my prayers... looking to see you in the bush...

Dr. Jim "bones" Shorten (Radiologist)

Jim it really sucks to hear that!! About five years ago my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and it was a very rough time for my family and I. I'm happy to report she's been cancer free ever since.

You've got the right attitude and it sounds like your ready to take this head on and beat it. A strong head like yours will get you through the difficult time you and your family are about to face.

I wish you and your family the best and if there's anything you need just give me a hollar.

Take care my friend, I look forward to BS'ing and having your chicken wings around the campfire after all this is done.

Del

Hi Jim,

I remember when Jim Kreigh and I first met you at the Tucson Gem show during the Main Show in the Community Center quite a few years ago. We three were looking at a gold display with photos from an old mine in Colorado and you and Jim had quite a discussion about the area. The more we talked we realized that we were all meteorite hunters so there was more lively discussion about Gold Basin and the other hunting areas. Jim was so pleased to have finally met you and we hoped to eventually meet up with you out in the field. I am so sorry to read about your illness. As you have read there are many hoping and praying you will somehow beat this.

Thinking of you, Twink Monrad

hey Jim, sorry to hear about cancer.I've been away from the boards for a while. to say the least, Jim has gone out of his way to help me. In the hunt for the elusive space rocks. Knowing Jim. he is a strong fighting soul believe he has the power to overcome, and transcend.

Jim when you feeling a little better. I'll stop by and show you the L I got the day,

my prayers are with you Jim, for better days and that elusive hunt for the rare space rocks.

Your friend

Nate

BIG JIM.......PALEFACE.....I said it on the nugget shooter forum an I'll say it again here....I'm counting on seeing you at the annual outing at the BASIN , And if theres anything I can come over your house and do for you to see that happen you know how to find me real easy.

Yer Buddy Frank.