Nugget Shooter Forums

CANCER SUCKS

Paleface

To all my wonderful and very thoughtful friends on this great forum. :wubu: :yourock: I want you all to know that I have appreciated all your kind thoughts and prayers. The many posts, PM's and phone calls that I have received have kept my spirits high.

This is the hardest post that I have ever had to make on any subject.........

Several months ago I went in for an update on my heart medications and to see why I had a cough that was getting annoying. An xray showed a mass on the right lung, a follow up Cat-scan showed that the mass was around 3" in diameter. A needle biopsy was done and that indicated that the mass contained non small cell-large cell malignant carcinoma cancer cells. A Pet scan was done last week and it showed that the lymph nodes in the general area are also affected. I have been advised that the cancer is in stage 3B and is totally inoperable due to both the size of the tumor and the fact that the lymph nodes are involved. My 30 % ejection factor on my heart would also prevent surgery. I will have heart tests this coming week and also tests with reference to radiation and chemotherapy. The heart might limit my ability to tolerate chemo. Prognosis is slim.

Heart doctor says the weight must come off so that the heart does not have to work so hard.....

Cancer doctor says eat everything in sight to keep the weight up. Am down 30 pounds in the past 2 1/2 months, eating anything I want. :zapped:

30 years of smoking is listed as the cause, even though I quit the darn things 23 years ago. Could be that I breathed a little to much gold and meteorite dust. I have a good attitude and a heaping helpin of friends and family behind me....... About all a fella could ask for in life......

Jim

P.S. And to top that off, I got a darn hang nail on my nose picking finger........... :;): :laught16:

Wow man. I don' t know what to say. I obviously hope it all works out to the best. Hope you find a way to get some gold and keep the spirits up. I'll pray for you.

Jim, hang in there, my wifes younger sister had the very same thing, She took one round of kimo and it went to stage 4, she stoped the kimo, just refused to put herself through the pain and stuff any moe. Well the DRS. gave her 3 months, She ended up living another 5 years past that. So it goes to show you,no one can say when your going, only GOD knows. We will be praying for you. I have to have an agioplasty in the next 30 days or sooner. My dr. said as soon as the insurance will aprove it, Or he said if I'm really having bad heart pain, to get my butt into the emergency room and it will get taken care of sooner. Yeh I still smoke and I have COPD, But what the hell I might as well do what makes me happy, we only have so long here anyway. Take care get better, start finding gold and space rocks again. Grubstake

Hi Jim. Obviously that is not good news. We all know someone who has had cancer and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

I'll second the cancer doctor's orders to eat anything you want. Trim that hang nail and pick your nose anytime you want. If there's anything I can do just let me know.

Jim,

Keep your head up!!! Your attitude towards your situation speaks mountains of you and your strength! When you are able to hit the field for more adventures, please post some pics for us to see. The gold and meteorites are waiting for you!! Remember Jim, head up for fighting :fighting0030: and head down for hunting gold and meteorites :icon_mrgreen: ! Best wishes and prayers to you and yours.

Go get um Jim!!

Dean

Hey Jim although I've only met you a couple of times you seem like a good guy with a wealth of information---and I respect you even more with your positive out look on the situation---not once did you cry to the forum members about your problems--cudos to you :bowdown: I get so sick of reading those feel sorry for me post-we all have our own problems--hang in there your not done yet and keep posting---Mike C... :ph34r2:

Jim. Yes... Cancer is extremly scary. I also know I have been fighting mine for 3 1/2 years now. They said mine was operable, but will not say weather it was successfull or not for a full 5 years. Going in for the test every three months is very unnerving, I can only imagine how you feel. Just keep fighting, never give up. There has already been one great survival story posted and I will add one more. A very good friend of mine was diagnosed with liver cancer and told to get his things in order because he has only 6 months at the most to live. That was over 3 years ago! He put his faith in the Lord and his cancer Doctors.

Good luck and enjoy life to the fullest, I certainly am trying to do that!

As others have said, attitude is everything. You have the right one. Live everyday and make everyday a lifetime.

Aloha Jim,

Sorry to hear of your condition BUT sounds like you are maintaining a good attitude. Medical science has shown that if you stay focused on a positive note your prognosis may change for the better. I will be seeing my "Sister" this weekend and let her know of your diagnosis. Who knows, maybe when she talks to "HIM" like she does everyday just maybe "HE" will have a thing to say about making sure you stay around a long time. We really need guys like you to show us newbies how to become knowledgable about this great hobby we all share. Will be keeping you in my prayers as usual.

Take care of yourself and God Bless.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Paleface....sorry about the bad news but your handling it in a stand up way...

in my eyes your one of the most respected men on this forum and the knowledge

that your always willing to share is only learned from "being there and done that"...

maybe also visit some of your Indian friends and have a bit of their medicine that is

sometimes better than conventional meds....good luck my friend....

Hang in there Jim - keep praying and keep believing. Dont give up and enjoy what you can. Life is precious and we all take things too much for granted.

Hope to meet up with you in the field someday.

All the best,

Chris

Jim, Thanks showing me how to use my GMT, not only that but thank you for telling us where to hunt and even meeting up with us in the field even though you knew the field had been hit so hard that it wasn't worth your time. I learned so much about meteorites just shooting the crap with you. I look forward to hearing from you when you get this monkey off your back. Just like meteorite hunting, determination yields success.

[Erik]

Hi Jim,

You've got a great attitude and I think that helps as much as what the Doctors do to help plus you've got the power of this forum behind you. Your in our prayers and thoughts, see you in the field soon. :icon_mrgreen:

Terry

HI Jim,

Hope you get over it, and treatment works for you, I will be praying for you..... Dave.

Hi Jim,

This cancer of yours kinda blindsided us all, we never heard anything about it from you until it got really bad, you must be one tough cookie to keep it to your self for so long.

We all hope you can continue to fight this thing with the grace and grit you have shown. You have lots of friends out here that are pulling for you!

Respectfully,

Gary/LARGO

Jim

The power in prayers with all the support will get you through. Hopefully this effort will give you comfort and the will to fight and over come this. It will not be the first time the many fighting it for you will make this situation go away. Prayers work from the heart and God Bless You.

Your friend

Wayne Holmes

P.S Don't Piss me off and not answer my call on artifacts or any other Questions I have. :laught16: :laught16:Your the best.

Jim, I have just one thing to add, I am going to be COUNTING on seeing you in October at the Nuggetshooter outing at Gold Basin, sittin by the fire sharing stories an watchin the night sky.

So you had better make sure your'e there.

Jim, my prayers and concerns like others, go out for you. I doubt any here have not had serious things, life has thrown our way, so we understand how serious this is. God has promised that He will not give us a burden greater than what we can bear, even though it sometimes feels that way.

Words seem so inadequate at times like this but remember that Christ is the Word of God and He hears your's and others prayers. Words have power.

Though we've only know about each other on this forum, Peace and healing, brother.

Wyndham