Nugget Shooter Forums

Differences in the GoldMaster V/SAT & GMT

LunarMan

Hi guys,

I posted this on the “Meteorite Hunting and Collecting Forum” list and realized that maybe I should have placed it here first.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You,

Dave (LunarMan)

Good afternoon Everyone,

I’d like to start off first by letting Jim (Paleface) know he is being thought of and I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Although I haven’t been actively participating with the forum, I have been checking in here and there. Hopefully the future will provide me with more of an opportunity to get out and do some shooting….

Anyhoo, I have the opportunity to purchase a Whites “Goldmaster V/SAT” that is basically in brand new condition and need some help and opinions. When first looking into and for a machine, the V/SAT was one of the first machines I wanted. It was no longer being manufactured, but I found so many people that loved that machine and read so many good reviews, I tried to find a good used one. I couldn’t at the time, so I purchased a Goldmaster GMT. When it comes time to go shooting, I would like to have an extra machine both for myself and anyone who may be accompanying me.

In a nutshell I want to know what the differences are between the V/SAT & the GMT? Is the GMT in manual mode the same as the V/SAT? What do you think it’s worth? It’s a 1995 model, and I am really trying to find people who have a good amount of experience with the V/SAT and GMT machines or at least with the V/SAT. It would be very helpful to get some feedback regarding it’s general function, overall feelings about how good a machine it is, opinions on it’s short-comings, suggestions on how to get the most of it, etc.

Also, the V/SAT like the GMT will be used for both Meteorites and Nugget shooting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you and best regards,

Lunar Man (Dave)

p.s: My dog ate my list of coordinates for Glorieta, would everyone please send me theirs :laught16:

They are basically the same when using the GMT in manual ground balance.

A vsat is worth somewhere around $200 to $250.

Hi guys,

I posted this on the “Meteorite Hunting and Collecting Forum” list and realized that maybe I should have placed it here first.

Thank You,

Dave (LunarMan)

Good afternoon Everyone,

I’d like to start off first by letting Jim (Paleface) know he is being thought of and I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Although I haven’t been actively participating with the forum, I have been checking in here and there. Hopefully the future will provide me with more of an opportunity to get out and do some shooting….

Anyhoo, I have the opportunity to purchase a Whites “Goldmaster V/SAT” that is basically in brand new condition and need some help and opinions. When first looking into and for a machine, the V/SAT was one of the first machines I wanted. It was no longer being manufactured, but I found so many people that loved that machine and read so many good reviews, I tried to find a good used one. I couldn’t at the time, so I purchased a Goldmaster GMT. When it comes time to go shooting, I would like to have an extra machine both for myself and anyone who may be accompanying me.

In a nutshell I want to know what the differences are between the V/SAT & the GMT? Is the GMT in manual mode the same as the V/SAT? What do you think it’s worth? It’s a 1995 model, and I am really trying to find people who have a good amount of experience with the V/SAT and GMT machines or at least with the V/SAT. It would be very helpful to get some feedback regarding it’s general function, overall feelings about how good a machine it is, opinions on it’s short-comings, suggestions on how to get the most of it, etc.

Also, the V/SAT like the GMT will be used for both Meteorites and Nugget shooting.

Lunar Man (Dave)

p.s: My dog ate my list of coordinates for Glorieta, would everyone please send me theirs :laught16:

[Lunar Man I have both of the machines you are talking about and I think you have a great backup machine. I us it for my meteorite machine as I can take it off the wand and wear it around my neck. Only difference is you need to learn to balance VSAT. Locatorman

Hi guys,

Thank You,

Dave (LunarMan)

Good afternoon Everyone,

Lunar Man (Dave)

Thanks Locatorman & Snakejim,

Being able to dismount the box from the pole is one of the reasons I was interested in the V/SAT. From the many reviews I've read, it's really saves the arm after 8-12 of swinging...... How would you compare it to the GMT for chasing gold nuggets?

Does anyone think $350 is unreasonable? It seems high, but this thing is literally like brand-new and about half the price for a new GMT.

Cheers,

LunarMan (Dave)

When I had the prospecting shop in Wickenburg 9 years ago, I used to buy VSATs for $125 to $150 and resell them for $200...I think $350 is way out of whack, IMHO..You could get a GM3 for less than that....Keep looking and you'll find one more in line with value..Cheers, Unc