Nugget Shooter Forums

small sluice gold catching material

I have been trying some various things and materials to catch and keep the fine gold in my rain gutter sluice. the best results so far is to use the rubber ribbed miners mat with a rubber shelving material (large bead type) I got at target, it came in a roll 1' wide x about 8' long, this is the stuff many use in RVs to keep glassware from moving around. I spray glued the shelving material to the top of the ribbed mat to keep it from lifting off the ribbed mat. you have to wash out the sluice more offten but it keeps the fine specs better than any thing else I have tryed. would like to here from anyone who has some thoughts or systems they use with this type of sluice.

I have been trying some various things and materials to catch and keep the fine gold in my rain gutter sluice. the best results so far is to use the rubber ribbed miners mat with a rubber shelving material (large bead type) I got at target, it came in a roll 1' wide x about 8' long, this is the stuff many use in RVs to keep glassware from moving around. I spray glued the shelving material to the top of the ribbed mat to keep it from lifting off the ribbed mat. you have to wash out the sluice more offten but it keeps the fine specs better than any thing else I have tryed. would like to here from anyone who has some thoughts or systems they use with this type of sluice.

Have you tried good ol miners moss?

have not tryed miners moss, but will try anything. is it hard to clean out and does it load up quickly?Is there a best type to use for my rain gutter sluice? thanks for the info.

It was a 3M patented product called "Nomad" ™ made for clean rooms and sold for all kinds of door mats. Worked really well for cleaning shoes and holding the crud. Wallmart now sells a knock off that isn't too bad as a door mat for cheap compared to the original product or most any mining supply store.

It was a 3M patented product called "Nomad" ™ made for clean rooms and sold for all kinds of door mats. Worked really well for cleaning shoes and holding the crud. Wallmart now sells a knock off that isn't too bad as a door mat for cheap compared to the original product or most any mining supply store.

I used some miners moss in my beach box with ribbed mat underneath, I hoticed that the fine gold went through my 3m miners moss and was caught by the ribbed rubber matting!!!!! My miners moss does not catch the very fine gold! That was not the expected result, I think if you were working with a little bit larger gold it would work fine but the very small gold that I find where I prospect at goes right through the miners moss........... :coffeetime:

I use this type of ribbed rubber matting in almost all of my high bankers and small sluices for fine gold recovery, miners moss does not work very well for small gold recovery!! I used the 3m product and was not very happy with its performance the fine gold penetrated right through the nomad carpet, I also have a blue bowl it also misses alot of the smaller gold that is about the size of sand it is to small for the blue bowl to proccess, I was thinking about using a archimedes bowl or the desert fox setup or just build my own.. but the ribbed rubber matting so far works the best, you can buy the rubber matting in different rib sizes, also varying the length of the mini sluice for concentrates clean up would work very well. :bek082:

• 1 month later...

Black Holes

What is a black hole? Well, it's difficult to answer this question, since the terms we would normally use to describe a scientific phenomenon are inadequate here. Astronomers and scientists think that a black hole is a region of space (not a thing) into which matter has fallen and from which nothing can escape - not even light. So we can't see a black hole. A black hole exerts a strong gravitational pull and yet it has no matter. It is only space - or so we think. How can this happen? (wow gold)

The theory is that some stars explode when their density increases to a particular point; they collapse and sometimes a supernova occurs. From earth, a supernova looks like a very bright light in the sky which shines even in the daytime. Supernovae were reported by astronomers in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Some people think that the Star of Bethlehem could have been a supernova. The collapse of a star may produce a White Dwarf or neutron star - a star, whose matter is so dense that it continually shrinks by the force of its own gravity. But if the star is very large (much bigger than our sun) this process of shrinking may be so intense that a black hole results. Imagine the earth reduced to the size of a marble,but still having the same mass and a stronger gravitational pull, and you have some idea of the force of a black hole. Any matter near the black hole is sucked in. It is impossible to say what happens inside a black hole. Scientists have called the boundary area around the hole the "event horizon." We know nothing about events which happen once objects pass this boundary. But in theory, matter must behave very differently inside the hole.wow gold

For example, if a man fell into a black hole, he would think that he reached the center of it very quickly. However an observer at the event horizon would think that the man never reached the center at all. Our space and time laws don't seem to apply to objects in the area of a black hole. Einstein's relativity theory is the only one which can explain such phenomena. Einstein claimed that matter and energy are interchangeable, so that there is no "absolute" time and space. There are no constants at all, and measurements of time and space depend on the position of the observer. They are relative. We do not yet fully understand the implications of the relativity theory; but it is interesting that Einstein's theory provided a basis for the idea of black holes before World of warcraft Power Leveling,astronomers started to find some evidence for their existence. It is only recently that astronomers have begun specific research into black hole. In august 1977, a satellite was launched to gather data about the 10 million black holes which are thought to be in the Milky Way. And astronomers are planning a new observatory to study the individual exploding stars believed to be black holes.

The most convincing evidence of black holes comes from research into binary star systems. Binary stars, as their name suggests, are twin stars whose position in space affects each other. In some binary systems, cd keys,astronomers have shown that there is an invisible companion star, a "partner" to the one which we can see in the sky. Matter from the one which we can see is being pulled towards the companion star. Could this invisible star, which exerts such a great force, be a black hole? Astronomers have evidence of a few other stars too, which might have black holes as companions.

The story of black holes is just beginning. Speculations about them are endless. There might be a massive black hole at the center of our galaxy swallowing up stars at a very rapid rate. Mankind may one day meet this fate. On the other hand, scientists have suggested that very advanced technology could one day make use of the energy of black holes for mankind. These speculations sound like science fiction. But the theory of black holes in space is accepted by many serious scientists and astronomers. They show us a world which operates in a totally different way from our own and they question our most basic experience of space and time. Runes of Magic gold