Nugget Shooter Forums

Best areas to Nuggetshoot in Arizona

Seems like the Bradshaw Mtns southwest to Quartzite. Also, Wickenburg areas Vulture mine. I'm just wonderin' if there are any good place up by Flagstaff, Williams, AZ or Cochise County, AZ. Cochise county is located in the southeast corner of the state.

Cochise county has the Huachuca Mountains, Dragoon Mountains, Mule Mtns, Whetstone Mountains, Dos Cabezas Mtns, Chiricahua Mtns

Thanks for any info, Robb

Guest bedrock bob
get your self a copy of PLACER GOLD DEPOSITS of ARIZONA

Rich

That is the best resource for info all in one spot for sure!

I have found gold in the Dos Cabezas near Bowie. Also on the other side by Teviston and Dos Cabezas (the town). It pays to know where you are and what the land status is. Google this name...KLUMP. That bunch is on the warpath and not afraid to break the law and harass anyone that comes on their land...leased from the BLM or not. Just a word to the wise ANYWHERE in SE AZ. They own/lease a huge swath from the Chiricauas to Tucson and are based right at the Dos Cabezas. They haev committed some really BOLD acts against people and as far as I know it continues.

Nice flaky nuggets in those mountains and a hell of a lot of unworked ground that has nice big gold on it.

Bob

Thanks for the great onfo gents it helps a bunch... :icon_mrgreen:

Robb

Yes beware the klumps. I have had run ins with them most my life. They are tuff and NUTTS. They will shoot and have shot. Even the Law would rather they just stay on there land and others stay off. If you park in site of them you will not be able to drive out in your truck. It will not be drivable.

I don't believe in trespassing or claimjumping and I obay all private property signs but I'll be damed if I can't go where I want to on BLM land.

Thats our tax dollars folks sorry. Ya need to draw a line somewhere. If I ever head out to those parts I won't be alone and we won't be unarmed. I also hang with folks who love taking pictures and would just love to press charges at the drop of a hat.

The Klumps should take heed cause they may just have to hand over some of that ranch if they $%^# with the wrong folks.

Thanks, for the heads up gents but unless I'm breaking the law the Klumps can kiss my ass. I don't like bullies.... sorry.

I bet that a polite phone call to Levi Klump would be a good place to start.

These people have just been pushed to the limits,and kind of want to know

who is prowling around their outfit.

They don't trust the BLM other feds,and hate environmentalist . Their property

has been vandalized ,cattle stolen,or shot,so they do lock a few gates. They own

several patented claims and mines. People vandalized and looted several of the

mines and the old machinery. So they may have a reason for not being too friendly

to the general public.

I know several large ranches that have armed security guards . They will gather

anyone caught trespassing and call the sheriff to come and get them. Also they

will have your vehicle towed if you are not around it,and don't have permission

to be there. On the other hand,if you call or talk to the owners, act civilized,and

have a legitimate reason,most times you will get permission.

Get a land use plat and a good map,know where the private land or claims are.

If it looks like you may need to cross private land, talk to the owner before going.

Also if you are going to be working near or on leased land talk to the person with

the lease and explain what you are doing before just barging in. It is a heck of a

lot easier to get permission and make a friend,than it is to confront a really pissed

off rancher for trespassing. In the latter case you already have two strikes against

you. Because the rancher figures you are just arrogant, ignorant and up to no good,

by your actions. You will have a hell of a time changing his mind too.

sawmill,

Your a voice of reason.... I may just make a nice phone call first. No sence of demonizing the man. He can't be all bad....

Robb

Guest bedrock bob
I don't believe in trespassing or claimjumping and I obay all private property signs but I'll be damed if I can't go where I want to on BLM land.

Thats our tax dollars folks sorry. Ya need to draw a line somewhere. If I ever head out to those parts I won't be alone and we won't be unarmed. I also hang with folks who love taking pictures and would just love to press charges at the drop of a hat.

The Klumps should take heed cause they may just have to hand over some of that ranch if they $%^# with the wrong folks.

Thanks, for the heads up gents but unless I'm breaking the law the Klumps can kiss my ass. I don't like bullies.... sorry.

Be careful with that Goldquest. Whether you are on BLM or not, and whether you are tresspassing or not, that bunch is not who you want to be coming up against. They are like reasoning with a rattlesnake. Before you take any chances over there make sure to find out the whole story. Sawmill had a good suggestion...Call. You will find out in a big hurry what the deal is there.

These boys WANT a fight. Plain and simple. And the more guns and friends you bring the more fun they will have. Lots of folks have pressed charges...So far they have not had much luck in changing their ways.

The Klumps are distant relatives of mine in a round about way. Even the family has nothing to do with them. Just plain wild and they really dont care about anyones rules but their own. They dont give a crap about the sheriff, jail time, or anything else either. My advice would be to not push it at all. Before you go anywhere around their leased or private property educate yourself on what has gone on in the past and what they have done. Just a word to the wise.

Bob

Bob,

Nobody is bigger than the law friend. There are folk who get paid to that care of folks that bullie people now days. This isn't the 1800s. I understand they might be distant family and all. Their not the Clantons and I'm not Wyatt Earp for sure.

I will tell you I have no interest on trespassing on there leased or private property.... It seems like they believe that all the BLM land is theirs because their family was there fist. I know the back ground of it and the ol' man does have some valid points.

A lil 'bout me. I'm a patriot who loves his country and loves its people more. I'm a gun owning NRA lifetime member and support our Second Amendment. I'm a flag loving, good fearing soul who believes in one nation under god with liberty and justice for all. As a patriot I believes in our country and it's government and will stand up against injustice against our country or its people. As a patriot I think not only of myself but of other people and I'm willing to put myself on the line for those ideals and to better society. So, again, I believe as tax payers we should be able to use BLM land thats not leased. PEROID.

No one should have to live in fear of gangbangers, thugs, vigilantes or folks who believe they are above the law....just my :twocents:

Like sawmill stated above and I'm in agreement with I honestly believe a phone call and giving them a little bit of respect is all thats needed. They seems like a bunch of hard working, good ol' boys and I just don't see them being stupid or that bad of folks.

It takes brains to run any outfit and do well. I would say the Klumps have done well over the years. You don't get to that point by shooting at folks and being jerkoffs if it isn't warranted. I respect them but may not agree with them 100% on how to handle it. Like I stated after the first post reguarding the Klumps a phone call giving them a heads ups and some respect might be all thats needed.

Thanks for your input... and you know a lil 'bout me as well.

the best, Robb

Another booklet that might help is "Arizona's Golden Secret or how to get your share

of Desert Gold" by Ron S. Wielgus. It is or was published by the author who

lives/lived in Tucson. I last corresponded with him in the early 1990's and have

lost track of him.

Hi Jim...I believe Ron W. did some of his last work for ICMJ and passed away a couple years ago...Hope I'm wrong...Chris probably knows the details...Cheers, Unc

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great info! I was planning a trip that included the Dos Cabezas... looks like I will scratch it now and keep to safer ground.

Cheers to all on this forum who keep us informed and alert :)

Here is a photo of a piece I detected in Liberty, Washington last year (etched from calcite matrix with Oxalic acid)

post-22610-125662051885_thumb.jpg