Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Cradle

phil J

I believe this is made by J E Metal. I saw it on one of the TV gold shows. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this piece of equipment. I am trying to think of a way of running material in a rough area to get to but could hall in something small with 5 gallons of water. This area really never has running water except during heavy monsoon rains. I know a dry washer will work but would like to not have so much dust and noise.

As always thanks for any input on the Gold Cradle

Phil

I believe this is made by J E Metal. I saw it on one of the TV gold shows. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this piece of equipment. I am trying to think of a way of running material in a rough area to get to but could hall in something small with 5 gallons of water. This area really never has running water except during heavy monsoon rains. I know a dry washer will work but would like to not have so much dust and noise.

As always thanks for any input on the Gold Cradle

Phil

Just get a small, used recirculating sluice and a motorcycle battery. Five gallons of water will keep you running most of the day. - Terry

One advantage of the Gold Cradle is you don't have to screen the material. The builder recommends running everything golf ball size and smaller. If you use a quad just fill the GC box with water but leave everything in the box then set up on location. Use the extra water for panning out when you clean up the cardle.

I love my Gold Cradle and would not trade it for the world. Small and compact great for my wife. All you need is 5gal of water.

and your set. I paid for it my second time out. Make sure you use clay gone. The small pan that comes with it is great for a quick clean up. Just remember SLOW, this is not a drywasher. http://www.goldcradle.com/

One advantage of the Gold Cradle is you don't have to screen the material. The builder recommends running everything golf ball size and smaller. If you use a quad just fill the GC box with water but leave everything in the box then set up on location. Use the extra water for panning out when you clean up the cardle.

I still screen my material It just saves time.

Thanks guys. I should have also said that the area I am working stays damp when you dig down 6 inches or so to get to bedrock. Its in a wash about 5,000 feet. That is the other reason I thought dry washing might not work. I have used a friends dry washer in the driest time of the year and recovered gold.

Phil

Thanks guys. I should have also said that the area I am working stays damp when you dig down 6 inches or so to get to bedrock. Its in a wash about 5,000 feet. That is the other reason I thought dry washing might not work. I have used a friends dry washer in the driest time of the year and recovered gold.

Phil

If you are working wet material then the cradle is great for you. Good luck