Nugget Shooter Forums

Vulture Gold Mine western Arizona

I've never been their but it seems like a good place to break in the MD......

thanks, Robb

It seems like most of that land is placer mining claim. I'm guessin' some of its not but findin' the land that isn't could be a lil hard. Is it worth really investing in a claim?

Robb

Robb; mining the miners has always been the best way to make money in the gold mining biz...beware of paying thousands of dollars for a claim which is only the right to minerals not ownership...

My advice is to join a few clubs which will give you access to much area and good value for your money...not to mention the mentorship of experienced members...

As an example; I was recently up in Bigfoot country at a town called Orleans, California...these boys paid some really big bucks for claims on the Salmon...I doubt they will ever recover their equipment costs let alone the money paid for the claims. And now the that dredging will likely be closed there is even less chance...

Beware of the sales pitch that touts what WAS found cause that gold is gone and won't be back...

Fred

The Vulture area is my main stomping grounds and I am familiar with the claims being hawked in the area....Save your money!!!!!!!! Cheers, Unc

Looks like Bradshaw Mtns, Quartzite, and Vulture Mine areas seem to be the most popular. I just want to avoid areas with a lot of trash on the ground if at all possible.

Looks like Bradshaw Mtns, Quartzite, and Vulture Mine areas seem to be the most popular. I just want to avoid areas with a lot of trash on the ground if at all possible.

Ha! If you can get there, Someone has been there! :laught16:

• 1 year later...

Google "New Vulture Mine" a gentleman, Mr Saltzman, has a website detailing his efforts on claims in the area--- or follow the link

http://www.vulturemining.com/claims.html

He seems pretty tight lipped about overall worth( I don't blame him)

Site was last updated when gold was in the 900$ range

Hi Guys,

I did some hunting out that way in the early 90's. I had met an elderly gentleman named Bill Little while out prospecting some desert washes. He lived in Morristown but, had a few claims near the Vulture Property. I did some locating for him in return for permission to hunt his claims. I only found one nugget that weekend, but I did find a whole mess of rattlers. The area is also very rich in history and, remember, the Vulture Mine vein ended abruptly at a fault. Who knows where the other side of that fault takes up again.

Ben

From my research, it would appear that the Roadrunners have one of the better, if not best, claims in the area.

Like folks said, join a club or four. Any worth their salt will have claims in probably all but the Vulture district (patents and prior claims on the better areas keep most ay bay). And those that don't probably wish they did.

Less than half of the Vulture area is claimed up. I ran a survey just today for some folks back East. I came up with more than 19,000 acres of unclaimed land on the Vulture West FootPrint alone. There have been over 1,000 acres of claims dropped this year. That mapset covers more than 60 square miles around the old Vulture mine. There is unclaimed land adjacent to the Vulture patent as well as in all the major gulches.

I agree with Uncle Ron- the right price for a claim in the Vulture west region is about $214 dollars in filing fees- anything more is too much.

Hope that helps.

Clay

MinerDiggins