Nugget Shooter Forums

White's MXT™ 300 E-Series Metal Detector -v- Tesoro's Lobo SuperTraq

New to the hobby. Mainly will be using it for nugget shooting :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for any help, Robb

I had a Tesoro Lobo ST, and it was an ass kickin detector, you could, and I did find rice grain size gold with it, also you could use it in coin Dis. mod to hunt for gold as long as you run your DIS. down around onne or one and a half. Salt mode was great in bad soil, Found some big nuggets too at good depth, had an MXT, did not care for it, has a learning curve and works better for gold in the relic mode. But it will find gold too. If I had a choise between abrand new Lobo ST and a MXT, I would take the Lobo. My opion. Grubstake

I use my TLST almost daily and the lifetime warranity rocks. I really like the smallest coil and the largest coil too. I sweep large and then return for the tiny scraps left on my plate. I've used it from Kauai to Costa Rica and NEVER been let down-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :icon_mrgreen:

Robb, you said mainly using for "nugget hunting", why did you not consider the GMT I'm curious ?

I need to Frank... I'm gathering info at the moment. I wanna stay under $900. I will look into that unit. Have you used it?

Also, do you ever prospect around Ash Fork or Williams?

Robb

I need to Frank... I'm gathering info at the moment. I wanna stay under $900. I will look into that unit. Have you used it?

Also, do you ever prospect around Ash Fork or Williams?

Never had the opportunity to hunt those areas.

Robb, as far as VLF's go I have used the tesoro LST , Minelab eureka, fisher gb 2, tesoro tejon, vaquero, umax diablo and various other vlfs not specifically designed for gold.

But my personal preference is the Whites GMT. I have not had the chance to own an MXT but it is a combo unit an most combo units give up a little on one program to accomodate the others.

I'm pushin 60, an deaf in 1 ear This may have something to do with my liking it, but the GMT has put an ounce of pieces in my poke the last 2 seasons, and some are too small to weight others are multi gram size. I'm in n.w. az so the ground varies alot an most is pretty hot ,and its great for meteorites.

Big plus for the machine it offers Auto or Manual tuning, auto is great when you are first learning an then you have the option to custom tune at any time.

You cant beat the P.I. 's for depth but the VLF's will get you started on the right track for less money till you become a "NOVICE" like me then invest in a good P.I. detector.

Big plus with any detector TOP QUALITY earphones.

goldquest,

I have a old original White's MXT & a Tesoro Super Lobo Traq........The TSLT is my nugget machine (it's more sensitive)....Also have both coils (standard & small) for it...Picked it up used.

As suggested the White's GMT is also a great machine....I've not owned the GMT but have owned the older earlier GM models which I found diffucult to learn. The newer machine (GMT) is much easier to use, I've heard.

:icon_mrgreen: wonderer

Thanks everyone for the great response. It looks like it's now between the Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq and the Whites Gold Master GMT.

It seems like the Whites is a bit easier to use but it loses sensitivity to the SuperTraq

Still gathering info so anymore feed back helps...

thanks gents, Robb