Nugget Shooter Forums

Not a Micky "D's" QUATER POUNDER

:laught16: :headphones: :icon_mrgreen:

The OL MAN'S still got it, Spent 8 1/2 GRUELING hours at Gold Basin today My buddy came up with 2 nuggets, I REFUSED to hunt GOLD today with him and by 2 in the afternoon I was still SPORTING the :skunkkitty2:

But then from out of NOWHERE a REAL signal. Not a hot rock or a bullet or a freakin ol tin can But a BONA FIDE QUARTER POUNDER, My personal BEST meteorite find to date. an proud of it !!

123 + GRAMS an shaped like a broken heart. Could be a heart of stone though. :laught16:

Didnt get the monster Ive been searchin for but it sure is a heavy little devil.

Keep on BEEPIN GUYS :laught16:

post-562-1248401588_thumb.jpg

Jay my word of honor I didnt hunt that area. I hunted my rear off from 6:30 am started at the demarcation line for the nat. rec area then drifted from that north end of the basin makin about 6 stops till I ended up at MY AREA, FRED MASON knows where I mean, I've taken him there.

SO that means any of them targets you left are still there waitin for you to get back !!! :laught16:

Frank, no worries on this end. It's all fair game down there and to each his own. I like hunting with people and if they find one and I don't then I need to work on my skills. I don't mind sharing because we are all after the same thing. I don't sell my meteorites because of the hard work put into finding them and the thrill of the hunt. I guess I'm just a nice guy, and probably will get burned one of these days, so for now it's fun to hold something no one else has held and to let other's do the same. Space is the final frontier, and we have only begun to understand it . . . Jason :;):

"Space is the final frontier, and we have only begun to understand it . . "

Jason, this is very true...especially when you are talking about a woman with a "space" between her top front teeth...Age old sign for a wild ride....Speaketh from experience!!! :laught16: :innocent0009: Cheers, Unc

Congratulations Frank, she's a beauty. I'm sure it was a heart felt find..... :innocent0009:

I still haven't been to Gold Basin yet, working towards that area, maybe later this year.... :coffeetime:

best wishes and happy hunting,

jim "bones" :outtahere:

Way to go Frank...and your secret spot is a still a kept secret for jeff and me...

were the nuggets detected or drywashed???

Fred

oh, did you check for my name on them...no point in me going back if youse guys already got it...this is a joke, it is only a joke...just not a funny joke...more of a cosmic bit of dry humour...

Fred, nugs were detected by Scott with his GPX, He's a real craker jack with that minelab, he reminds me of Uncle Ron the coils had ragged assed duct tape on it for the 3 years I've know him. I even offered to fix it many times. He just keeps pullin em out of the dirt no matter where we are.

I did catch a few shovels of dirt in the mini drywasher an took it home we panned it out this morning an got some good pickers an flake to go back for soon.

TERRY , Thanks.

Aloha

Frank C,

Hot dang dude, you just made me drool all over my laptop! :grrr01:

Looks like I may have to go out there this coming wednesday and thursday before all them rocks are gone.

Awsome find.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Ok, I am a little confused. is it a piece of gold or a meteorite ?

Either way congrats

Its a pretty good sized meteorite find ebonbetta I think you use a GMT like I do IF you were there you'd have a BEAUTIFUL signal to hear on the GMT. A screamer.

When the day comes I find a nugget half that size I won't need any of my blood pressure pills for a couple days I don't think. :laught16:

STAN I thought you were goin out there last week ???

Aloha Frank C.,

Yes, I spent a full day out at gb and found a couple of small specimens but nothing worthy of a pic. I just got back from a short trip to Ely and found out my work schedule changed on me. I now have tuesdays thru thursdays off, so it looks like I will be heading out there on wednesday for another full day of :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: . Now if only I can find me a 100+gram specimen I will be happy as a hog in slop. :ROFL:

Aloha and be safe out there guys,

Stan aka Kaimi