Nugget Shooter Forums

Does that effect the whole State?

As quoted from the article.....

"Salazar's order affects nearly 1 million acres of high-desert land owned by the U.S. Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management......"

Since when did the FS or BLM become "land owners"?

Gary

:laught16:

You just witnessed a COO DE Gras!

Now you Don't and they Do!

:Huh_anim]:

:coffeetime:

Its a real freakin joke ALL the industry and manufacturing that has SIMPLY DISAPPEARED in this country since I was a kid. Now dam near everything comes from someplace else.

Its getting to the point where this country is going to be TOTALLY DISARMED if a few other nations decide to gang up an stop our supply lines.

No wonder unemployment is raging out of control, we've stopped so many company's from producing anything here. Lets face it with modern tecno just how many Americans can make a living on computers aluminum an plastics. ??? Thats about where we are at, unless of course you want to be a LAWYER an generate a couple tons of paper a year to keep the loggers going, ??????

Two Republicans from the House Natural Resources committee along with the National Mining Association criticized the order, saying that it would make the United States more reliant on imported uranium, hampering attempts to increase the use of nuclear power.

My question is pretty simple, Where in the hell were these people when the Department of Defence stole our claims from us. Yes you heard right. They can conplain all they want and take the matter all the way to the Supreme Court in DC. BUT, if the Department of Defence declaires it a National Security Issue, it all becomes null and void. You lose everything and the courts cannot help.

I know from personal experience.

OL'29er :coffeetime: :Huh_anim]:

Is anyone happy with all this change? :WOW: They aren't going to stop till they rule it all. :bowdown: Is there any end to this BS :grrr01:

This is stupid, they are going to make outlaws out of us all! Because I for one am not going to stop detecting until I'm dead, and I'm carrying a gun with me and lord have mercy on someone that gets in my way. especially the greenies. Grubstake

The fine print says it applies to Uranium only. Not gold and not silver.

Guest bedrock bob
The fine print says it applies to Uranium only. Not gold and not silver.

Yes, no fine print there. A moratorium on filing any new Uranium MINING CLAIMS on a specific area...633,547 acres of BLM and 360,000 acres in the Kaibab. The object is to protect the Grand Canyon. It won't affect current claims, and will not affect current mining plans. If they want to do that then Congress will have to buy the claims if they want to close them.

Now there is another bill to withdraw one million acres all together in that area from ANY mining. So there is something REAL to worry about.

Bob

all the nuts and greenies and they wont stop at that. ron

Time for a CIVIL WAR! not one with words, one with lead. Grubstake

Two Republicans from the House Natural Resources committee along with the National Mining Association criticized the order, saying that it would make the United States more reliant on imported uranium, hampering attempts to increase the use of nuclear power.

My question is pretty simple, Where in the hell were these people when the Department of Defence stole our claims from us. Yes you heard right. They can conplain all they want and take the matter all the way to the Supreme Court in DC. BUT, if the Department of Defence declaires it a National Security Issue, it all becomes null and void. You lose everything and the courts cannot help.

I know from personal experience.

OL'29er :coffeetime: :Huh_anim]:

You guys being the experts I need to ask a couple of questions.

1. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but doesnt this sound similar to the dredging in Cali? Now here me out. First they studied the situation then they said no more right? So do you think that stopping the permits for Uranium mining in a ecologically sensitive area, is playing to the heart strings of the Greenies, to lay a foundation? A foundation that could be carried further to other minerals? Silver and Gold operations (the big ones) use chemicals too right?

2. And this is more of an echo from 29... But does anyone think that crap and trade, has to do with this? Knowing the nuke plants are a safe reliable source of cheap energy, would hurt the amount of money to be made from crap and trade and also hurt GE's pocket book with all the money they have invested in solar and wind technologies.

Given todays job market, I guess I have to ask a question that I have in my mind...Does anyone know if we have a greenie czar that will make sure that ALL green technologies and materials, get processed and assembled in America? I have heard that its supposed to add jobs, but I havent heard how.

The article did not state what the evidentiary basis was, if any at all -- probably none at all -- for invoking emergency powers. The logic seems to be: (1) The fact is that uranium prospectors who are trying to eke out a living are currently staking claims on BLM lands near the Grand Canyon National Park to extract valuable minerals. (2) Aesthetic opinions (there are no such things as aethetic "facts") are that the lands lying outside of the Grand Canyon National park (but near to it) should not be disturbed by accepting new uranium discovery claims. (3) Therefore, as Secty of the Interior, I invoke my emergency powers to suspend the Mining Law of 1872 for 2 years [and hopefully during those 2 years I might discover some facts to justify my decision]. What a crock! Why not just make all BLM land into a national park and get it over with.

Hi All

The end of prospecting as we know it is very close !! Sad but true !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hi All

The end of prospecting as we know it is very close !! Sad but true !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hey John, Could you explane the "as we know it" in your post as your pointy finger SEES it.

Thanks, Bunk

Sonny,

I need to clear up my post concerning our claims. Bedrock, you are right about the government having to buy your claims. The problem with this is you cannot go on the grounds of past surveys. You must have a current Exploration Plan, chip sample reports and core drilling reports.

Now as for our claims, they were Rare Earth claims. They were 3.5 miles long and 2.5 miles wide, and core sampled down to 300 feet. A very large deposit. We had our Plan of Exploration filed, Plan of Reclaimation file and a 25 year lease agreement with a major rare earth mining company. Everything hindged on the Desert Protection Act being pasted. When the act passed, we lost everything concerning the lease agreement. We filed the paperwork with the proper agencies to get our just dues based on our sampling and core results as well as the companies estamated values. We had to fight all the wall to Washington DC. That is where the Department of Defence stepped in and declared the property needfull for the security of the nation, which put in simplest of terms, It's our land needed for security reasons, we owe you nothing, and you should be proud that you have contributed to the security of you country. The whole ordeal cost our mining company close to $450,000 dollars as well as the exploration company overy 1.2 million dollars.

So if the government wants, it can and will find a way to steal from you anything they want. They know that if you go to all the trouble to file your reports and actually see that you have something(key word) they want, they will take it.

OL'29er :coffeetime:

There is another force at work here. The Hoover Dam Bypass is just about finished. They don't want to pay miners for land that will be used for housing projects and shopping centers.

There is another force at work here. The Hoover Dam Bypass is just about finished. They don't want to pay miners for land that will be used for housing projects and shopping centers.

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!!!! We have a winner!!!!!! ALWAYS follow the money. Great Post! - Terry

Guest bedrock bob
Sonny,

I need to clear up my post concerning our claims. Bedrock, you are right about the government having to buy your claims. The problem with this is you cannot go on the grounds of past surveys. You must have a current Exploration Plan, chip sample reports and core drilling reports.

Now as for our claims, they were Rare Earth claims. They were 3.5 miles long and 2.5 miles wide, and core sampled down to 300 feet. A very large deposit. We had our Plan of Exploration filed, Plan of Reclaimation file and a 25 year lease agreement with a major rare earth mining company. Everything hindged on the Desert Protection Act being pasted. When the act passed, we lost everything concerning the lease agreement. We filed the paperwork with the proper agencies to get our just dues based on our sampling and core results as well as the companies estamated values. We had to fight all the wall to Washington DC. That is where the Department of Defence stepped in and declared the property needfull for the security of the nation, which put in simplest of terms, It's our land needed for security reasons, we owe you nothing, and you should be proud that you have contributed to the security of you country. The whole ordeal cost our mining company close to $450,000 dollars as well as the exploration company overy 1.2 million dollars.

So if the government wants, it can and will find a way to steal from you anything they want. They know that if you go to all the trouble to file your reports and actually see that you have something(key word) they want, they will take it.

OL'29er :coffeetime:

I suppose that is very true. My point was this... The order precludes any new clams from being filed, but there are an estimated 9,000 claims already there, some in various stages of development. I am told that this order does NOTHING about the existing plans and claims at all, and that if the GOVT wants to STOP any operations that are currently permitted they must buy them out. So, to say this stops uranium mining, or any plans to do such is simply false. It controls the DENSITY of any mining by limiting further claims on the rim of a national treasure.There are currently many claims and I will bet that the big companies have theirs already and it is the small guy that is getting the stump.

I am certainly not against mining but I think of it like this; With no new demand for nuclear power here, and many rich uranium mines already developed just itching to be reopened, you have to ask how realistic would it be to file a huge density of new claims on the rim of the Grand Canyon? Kind of like investing in a gun shop next to a school house in a city on the verge of disarmament. There are huge deposits of uranium ore to be had in a lot less sensitive area and pose a lot less political and environmental fallout. I know there is the independent spirit and the opportunity to be had, but there is also several other factors to be considered as well. Hell, there is a HUGE rush on uranium claims right now...I have two myself. The BLM cant keep up with the filers. How much new uranium do we really need? I guess that will depend on future policy huh?

There are risks involved in mining, and there have been disasters. Puerco River jumps into my mind. That one hits pretty close to home. I am all for being careful. Some say it is government meddling, but I wish the government would have meddled more up in Navajo land. there has to be a happy medium that is somewhere between what the miners want and what the greenies want. Either/Or is a raw deal for everyone.

I have a group of claims that hold about 160 ounces of gold. It is spread over about 25 acres and buried at 12-24 inches. I can get a permit and strip those hills and pay off my house. It is my humble opinion that it would not be worth it. I would be damaging a place that I have grown to love, extracting something precious and rare from the ground, and giving it to Fanny Mae to get me out of debt. I would just as soon leave it where it is and make my monthly payments. I enjoy it on the weekend and get fantastic color for the rest of my life. I know that this is a personal decision, and many would not make that decision. But I have decided that the claim is worth more to me in peace of mind than it is in gold. To many, the grand canyon is a lot the same. ANWAR as well. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The folks that are in control have rendered theirs. I pity the individual that this effects, but hey...They regulate every darn industry and it is not always bad. Sure it is a pain in the butt, but MOST of the time it is for a good concern...or at least someones good concern.

I can tell you the story of the huge home I had a contract to build on a mountain top. Would have made a quarter million in a year. Nope. They didnt want to look at it from the valley. Of course it hurt my wallet, and it pissed me off. I can gripe about the loss, tell stories about the meddling of completely uninvolved people, and the whole 9 yards. The fact is that the mountain looks a hell of a lot better without some rich prick living on it and I will survive. Went to a spot in the valley instead and made half the profit. Maybe those prospectors on the rim of the grand canyon just need to move ten miles south and start looking there for a way to mine a living.

Bob

I suppose that is very true. My point was this... The order precludes any new clams from being filed, but there are an estimated 9,000 claims already there, some in various stages of development. I am told that this order does NOTHING about the existing plans and claims at all, and that if the GOVT wants to STOP any operations that are currently permitted they must buy them out. So, to say this stops uranium mining, or any plans to do such is simply false. It controls the DENSITY of any mining by limiting further claims on the rim of a national treasure.There are currently many claims and I will bet that the big companies have theirs already and it is the small guy that is getting the stump.

I am certainly not against mining but I think of it like this; With no new demand for nuclear power here, and many rich uranium mines already developed just itching to be reopened, you have to ask how realistic would it be to file a huge density of new claims on the rim of the Grand Canyon? Kind of like investing in a gun shop next to a school house in a city on the verge of disarmament. There are huge deposits of uranium ore to be had in a lot less sensitive area and pose a lot less political and environmental fallout. I know there is the independent spirit and the opportunity to be had, but there is also several other factors to be considered as well. Hell, there is a HUGE rush on uranium claims right now...I have two myself. The BLM cant keep up with the filers. How much new uranium do we really need? I guess that will depend on future policy huh?

There are risks involved in mining, and there have been disasters. Puerco River jumps into my mind. That one hits pretty close to home. I am all for being careful. Some say it is government meddling, but I wish the government would have meddled more up in Navajo land. there has to be a happy medium that is somewhere between what the miners want and what the greenies want. Either/Or is a raw deal for everyone.

I have a group of claims that hold about 160 ounces of gold. It is spread over about 25 acres and buried at 12-24 inches. I can get a permit and strip those hills and pay off my house. It is my humble opinion that it would not be worth it. I would be damaging a place that I have grown to love, extracting something precious and rare from the ground, and giving it to Fanny Mae to get me out of debt. I would just as soon leave it where it is and make my monthly payments. I enjoy it on the weekend and get fantastic color for the rest of my life. I know that this is a personal decision, and many would not make that decision. But I have decided that the claim is worth more to me in peace of mind than it is in gold. To many, the grand canyon is a lot the same. ANWAR as well. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The folks that are in control have rendered theirs. I pity the individual that this effects, but hey...They regulate every darn industry and it is not always bad. Sure it is a pain in the butt, but MOST of the time it is for a good concern...or at least someones good concern.

I can tell you the story of the huge home I had a contract to build on a mountain top. Would have made a quarter million in a year. Nope. They didnt want to look at it from the valley. Of course it hurt my wallet, and it pissed me off. I can gripe about the loss, tell stories about the meddling of completely uninvolved people, and the whole 9 yards. The fact is that the mountain looks a hell of a lot better without some rich prick living on it and I will survive. Went to a spot in the valley instead and made half the profit. Maybe those prospectors on the rim of the grand canyon just need to move ten miles south and start looking there for a way to mine a living.

Bob

Simply not knowing, how are you abe to estimate 160 ounces? Is that done by performing a check on a certain percentage and then multiplying? Just asking, because I havent heard anyone say that before, with such detail. Thanks in advance

Guest bedrock bob
Simply not knowing, how are you abe to estimate 160 ounces? Is that done by performing a check on a certain percentage and then multiplying? Just asking, because I havent heard anyone say that before, with such detail. Thanks in advance

Well, that is an assumption made by extensive testing and some math. Before a fellow spends the inheritence on a bunch of equipment he has to have some idea what is there. In a previous post we discussed assay results and what they meant. Well, testing gravel for recoverable placer is a lot the same. If I showed you the result of one 5 cu' test, or said I got $5 in one pan it would mean nothing. If I told you that I had a pay layer that is about 6" thick, 12-24" deep, and extended over about 25 acres you could calculate an aproximate recovery. Then you would estimate the cost of doing business based on the charachteristics of the deposit and the price of materials. The raw number gives you a pretty good idea if a profit is possible. If it looks like it is you test some more.

There is an "ideal" number. If you are a good business manager you should come close. If you let costs get out of control or dont mind your business then you (and your investors) go bust in a big hurry even on the richest ground.

I drove about 500 post holes and washed it in layers of 6" at a whack. That is how I know the approximate extent and value of the surface gravel. It aint perfect but it is the information that a fellow on a loader would need to know. I certainly wouldnt strike out on a venture using just this info, but it is the way a prospector finds a pay layer, and the way that I have arrived at those numbers.

Bob

Ok that sounds like what I said, only I do not have the jargon down like you do.

Thanks!

Guest bedrock bob
Ok that sounds like what I said, only I do not have the jargon down like you do.

Thanks!

Yes, and that is why I answered in the way that I did. Jargon is everything. Try to work a little of that into your vernacular and it will help a lot. Use words like "rats ass", "buttload", "dingus", and "goat fu<ker" in every sentence until you get about an ounce of "show and tell" gold in your pocket. Then you can back off and use "chickenshit", "pinche", and "ridgeling" as ajectives. Oh, and it helps if you have some ratty facial hair stained with tobacco juice too.

Pinche Bob

Yes, and that is why I answered in the way that I did. Jargon is everything. Try to work a little of that into your vernacular and it will help a lot. Use words like "rats ass", "buttload", "dingus", and "goat fu<ker" in every sentence until you get about an ounce of "show and tell" gold in your pocket. Then you can back off and use "chickenshit", "pinche", and "ridgeling" as ajectives. Oh, and it helps if you have some ratty facial hair stained with tobacco juice too.

Pinche Bob

Now Robert.......