Nugget Shooter Forums

Greaterville road closures

Greetings, I posted this on another forum Saturday. Thought I'd put it out here too.

Out at Gville today trying to head to "Diggers Delight" the Desert Gold Diggers claim. The road that heads North on the East of Granite mountain has two road that head East. One of them leads to Diggers Delight the other one I'm not sure. Well both roads made fences across them. I was stunned. Iknow there's private property out there but I don't think its there. That's the only entrance to the claim that I know of.

The fences were sturdy but won't keep any determined prospectors (or anyone else) out. The fence on the Southern most road can and I am sure will be bypassed. Kept me out but the "obstactles" seem .... well like they were put there by people unaccustomed to keeping people out. No signs indicating anything. Maybe forest services heros out there "protecting" our public lands but I saw some of their work near Prescott and this not nearly as effective.

Anyway heads up out there. If anyone has any info let me know. I didn't have any issues getting to the other claims and ended up having an awesome day.

Here's the days take. Good day overall

post-22003-1247628756_thumb.jpg

Real Nice. You got a lot more than I get.

Greetings, I posted this on another forum Saturday. Thought I'd put it out here too.

Out at Gville today trying to head to "Diggers Delight" the Desert Gold Diggers claim. The road that heads North on the East of Granite mountain has two road that head East. One of them leads to Diggers Delight the other one I'm not sure. Well both roads made fences across them. I was stunned. Iknow there's private property out there but I don't think its there. That's the only entrance to the claim that I know of.

The fences were sturdy but won't keep any determined prospectors (or anyone else) out. The fence on the Southern most road can and I am sure will be bypassed. Kept me out but the "obstactles" seem .... well like they were put there by people unaccustomed to keeping people out. No signs indicating anything. Maybe forest services heros out there "protecting" our public lands but I saw some of their work near Prescott and this not nearly as effective.

Anyway heads up out there. If anyone has any info let me know. I didn't have any issues getting to the other claims and ended up having an awesome day.

Hi Kieth

The fences are not on 50/50 land or even close to it. That is open but probably claimed FS land. There may be some mine shaft fillin scheduled or some other reason they would shut the roads down. But I'm certain if the forest circus did it it's for a dumb ass reason. Or they are just showing you who's boss. Fear not though if they pass the legislation there working on all of Pima County and Santa Cruz county will be withdrawn from all mining. I'm certain they will work on cochise and several hundred more counties in the western states in the very near future !! I'l say we all be fucked !! Happy Huntin John B.

Nice gold Keith, Did you give up Beeping, I hope not. When the weather cools down we will have to try again. Happy Hunting . Doug

Doug,

Hey its good to hear from you. No I haven't given up beeping. In fact I went up in the Prescott area a few weeks ago. I've brought it along to G-Ville the last few times out but there has been pools of water so I couldn't resist sniping. It's incredible to be able to just pan it out right there :whoopie: I plan on getting out this weekend and bringing the detector along on my sniping expedition. It should come in very handy, I've probably missed some good gold scouring the bedrock by leaving it in the car.

Over on AZ Good Prospectors I posted about a technique that helped me identify some ore as having no gold. The technique is a modification of what you showed me out there while we tried to identify some of the stuff we found. I gave you credit on the forum over there :)

I look forward to getting out again. Take Care

Keith

Doug,

Hey its good to hear from you. No I haven't given up beeping. In fact I went up in the Prescott area a few weeks ago. I've brought it along to G-Ville the last few times out but there has been pools of water so I couldn't resist sniping. It's incredible to be able to just pan it out right there :whoopie: I plan on getting out this weekend and bringing the detector along on my sniping expedition. It should come in very handy, I've probably missed some good gold scouring the bedrock by leaving it in the car.

Over on AZ Good Prospectors I posted about a technique that helped me identify some ore as having no gold. The technique is a modification of what you showed me out there while we tried to identify some of the stuff we found. I gave you credit on the forum over there :)

I look forward to getting out again. Take Care

Keith

Thanks for the credit, I don't get much at home :laught16: I am in Northern Az. and only get down about every 5 or 6 weeks.

Are you able to go out during the week or only on the weekend? Happy Hunting, Doug