Nugget Shooter Forums

KALIF DREDGING PERMITS CLOSED

Well John, I cant say I am suprised. Its probably only the beginning.

Yeh, wait until the greenies, start making you carry starter trees around, to put in your detector dig holes, so you can replant the forest. We could put a delta smelt in each hole, for fertilizer, so the trees would have a good start. :laught16::laught16: Grubstake

Yeh, wait until the greenies, start making you carry starter trees around, to put in your detector dig holes, so you can replant the forest. We could put a delta smelt in each hole, for fertilizer, so the trees would have a good start. :laught16::laught16: Grubstake

Just to clairify what happened - a court ordered the state to stop issuing dredge permits. If you already have one, you can still use it. If you hadn't got one yet but were still planning on it, its too late now. Most dredgers already have theirs for this year. However if no changes occur in this ruling, they wont be issuing any for 2010 and beyond.

PLP and some others are mounting a legal response. The tribe which is doing the lawsuits are using your tax dollars to pay to shut your dredging down. :outtahere:

Chris

As I understand it this fight goes back a ways to when a few prospectors showed total disrespect toward a tribal tradition. :tisc-tisc: It seems because of a few we all suffer. Basicly that was how it was explained to me in a nut shell.

OL'29er :coffeetime:

Well... I can only post briefly due to computor problems...

As did AB1032 a couple of years ago, SB 670 also passed.

It is or will be sent to the Governor for signing.

It is now whether or not will he sign 670.... I understand

there the Governor has time limit of just a few days to

either sign or veto...

My heart goes out to the locals who counted on dredging

to supplement their income, and the local business's who

needed the extra business from the dredgers...

12 lousy days and it becomes instant law!! If ya send in a comment please use--THIS IS A ILLEGAL END RUN AROUND THE CEQA PROCESS THAT SEPERATES SCIENCE AND POLITICS TO PROTECT BOTH THE CITIZENS AND THE ENVIROMENT OF CALIFORNIA FROM POLITICAL TAMPERING. California enviromental quality act is what the veggie soup means. Cross your fingers and short hairs,this is a dredging killer--FOREVER. The darn court case has already set a precedent for ALL STATES to hang their legal hats on to ban dredging too---John :angry-smiley-010:

Next thing we are going to have a license for natural bodily functions and then they will outlaw that. I heard a talk by a black man that said the white population is going to get as upset as he is and that a rebellion will occur and that he will be on the bandwagon. He was not racist but just honest in his on feelings as a citizen. We are just being legislated and litigated into oblivion. More laws than the pharisees passed in Jesus' day. At some point people will snap or our government will legislate us into nonexistence. :twocents: Jerry

Next thing we are going to have a license for natural bodily functions and then they will outlaw that. I heard a talk by a black man that said the white population is going to get as upset as he is and that a rebellion will occur and that he will be on the bandwagon. He was not racist but just honest in his on feelings as a citizen. We are just being legislated and litigated into oblivion. More laws than the pharisees passed in Jesus' day. At some point people will snap or our government will legislate us into nonexistence. :twocents: Jerry

Here Here! I agree. Although it may take some time. Dredging is obviously a minority concern in America. But as you said with so many laws being passed that are restrictive in the extreme, its only a matter of time until enough Americans are affected. I sincerely hope we handle the 2010 elections much better than we handled the last presidential elections. America really let the media dictate terms. I dont dredge, but I am sorry for those that do.