Nugget Shooter Forums

Now I have learned the hard way about spider bites. I got bit numerous times while loading and unloading a truck load of rocks and saws from a lapidary estate sale. My left leg is swollen below the knee pretty radical and has turned bright red. My left leg has bites and is also swollen and red, but not as bad. I also have red bites on my right arm with swelling. Plus other sundry bites. Went to emergency tonight blood pressure 168/90, pulse 115 and fever. Got a pile of antibiotics with a have a nice evening and don't forget to come back and see me it is not better in two days. Don' think it was black widow and no puss yet......What's next. Jerry

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a similar experience at summer camp when I was a young boy. I woke up with several teenage girls in my hammock. That experience affected me both physically and psychologically. I have never been

What difference does it make if it's a one week old thread or a ten year old thread? A friend of mine had a bad experience with a brown recluse spider. Got it?

My uncle got bit by a brown recluse while sitting by a tree fishing. He didn't feel it bite him but he later started feeling ill and notices irritation at bite area with a halo around bite area. He wa

Posted Images

dog Gone Jer, that sounds bad, I guess that rock equipment wasn't as cheap as you thought it was, when you add the DRS. Visits. If it was a black widow, you would know it, it would feel like you were on fire. Brown Recluse maybe? Gary

Holy Crap! How are you today as Slim asked? That sounds odd to have so many bites????? Did you see the critter or feel it biting you?

Watch the bite areas close. Its good you went to the Docs, but a recluse spinder can do some serious damage. The toxins can break down tissue over time. Keep the wound areas clean and dont scratch! A wolf spider can be almost as bad in the pain and itch department too. Hope you fell better soon.

Your prayers will be appreciated. Woke up this morning 1 1/2 hrs ago with deep chills and some nausea. Been covered up with a lot of blankets and stiff and sore this morning. Bites have seemed to progress in size the last few days. Going back to Dr this morning and may have to go to hospital. It's the pits. Did not see or feel any bites Jerry

Several people in this small town have died of recluse bites. They go to the DR and are given antibiotics. Then a few days later they go in to the hospital again and the body has just taken too much damage from sitting on those poisons. Go in everyday if it doesn't appear to be improving. They will get annoyed but it has happened too many times. Very scary that they tell so many people they are ok.

DO NOT DELAY!!! GO TO A DR IMMEDIATELY!!!

Find a doctor that knows about brown recluse bites and see him right away.

You can easily lose a limb or your life.

As one who has been bitten 8 times by this type of spider (nest in my garage rafters) I can attest to all your symptoms: pain, swelling, nausea etc. Thank God my bites were one at a time and not all at once. And no, you do not feel it when they bite.

If you even think you might try to wait it out at home, just do a Google search of brown recluse bites and that should be enough to have you beating down the doctor's door. Good luck to you.

Now I have learned the hard way about spider bites. I got bit numerous times while loading and unloading a truck load of rocks and saws from a lapidary estate sale. My left leg is swollen below the knee pretty radical and has turned bright red. My left leg has bites and is also swollen and red, but not as bad. I also have red bites on my right arm with swelling. Plus other sundry bites. Went to emergency tonight blood pressure 168/90, pulse 115 and fever. Got a pile of antibiotics with a have a nice evening and don't forget to come back and see me it is not better in two days. Don' think it was black widow and no puss yet......What's next. Jerry

I thought that I was bad from the Chiggers and black Ants at Greaterville. Get well soon . Doug

dog Gone Jer, that sounds bad, I guess that rock equipment wasn't as cheap as you thought it was, when you add the DRS. Visits. If it was a black widow, you would know it, it would feel like you were on fire. Brown Recluse maybe? Gary

Yep! Black Widow causes blood to coagulate and Hurts like hell.

Recluse, your tissue just starts to rot away.

If the tissue starts to turn Grey or Black get your hiney to a real doctor.

Hi Jerry and All

I had similar symtoms and feelings once just like yours :ROFL: !! It was the time Mike C actually beat me in a hunt :grrr01: !! Other that that Jerry I think your haveing a minor reaction to a bite or exposure :hmmmmmm: . Anifalactic(sp) shock or other allergic reactions can make a simple ant bite or a simple compound exposure a challange :sick0021: . I'm no doctor and your probably only just hung over but if in doubt get it checked out :shrug: !! Were you by chance handling pig iron or hogrins :idea: ?? It could be swine flew :yikes: !! Get well soon Jerry :sick0026: !! Happy Huntin John B.

No 'hung over' , Jer don't drink. Maybe cause of numerous bites. I only get one bite at a time?

Hope the Doc and you get it figured out!

Shep

Went back to Dr today as I was swollen more, had chills and hives and joint pain in places. Doc said my immune system was allergic to the antibiotics and switched( I have CFIDS Chronic fatigue immune dificency syndrome)antibiotics and added benadril and antiinflamitory meds. If not better go back tomorrw. Had a difficult time getting out of bed by myself today. Gonna get a blood test to set a benchmark in the event it gets worse. Feeling slightly better tonight but look like hell with red spots and swolllen red spots all over my body. Dr said probably only one or two bites but infection manifesting over my body with swollen spots that look like bites. Hope for a good nights sleep and no more increase in symptoms. Haven't been sick like this ever. Jerry

Hi Jerry

Geeze Jerry maybe you should take up drinkin :hmmmmmm: ?? You know I'm just kidding you :innocent0009: !! Well at least now you have an excuse for the ass whippins I've given you at all those hunts :Huh_anim]: !! Get well my friend :innocent0002: !! Happy Huntin John B.

John B Next time at Laughlin I plan on drinking a six pack of Red Bull and then I'll have enough speed to fly by you and if not I'll be bouncing off you like a yoyo on a short string and you won't be in any position to hunt. By the way I got some good off road tires for my Chebby. Now I'll sit back and see what's next ---just remember I hurt bad so nothing that makes me laugh. Jerry

Jer said he wasn't going to use snow chains this winter, he's going for Spider Spikes instead. They bite the snow and I ce more! :tisc-tisc: :tisc-tisc: Grubstake

Can't help you with the illness resulting from the bites but when it comes to Wound Healing there is nothing better than ALOE VERA.

It is also one of the few things that can be put into your eyes (fresh gel from plant, not the stuff out of the tube), cause your eyes are so sensitive....

Aloe Vera gel speeds the healing of wounds incredibly, reduces pain from insect bites, stops itching, reduces swellings, put onto burns it will greatly reduce the pain, cools and no blisters will appear and it will heal 10 times faster....

The gel can also be eaten to 'heal' stomach problems.

My mother once had this open area on her ear that wouln'd heal and the doctor had given her a special cream to put on but 4 month later it was still the same, when i visited i brought a Aloe vera plant and put the gel on it twice daily and after 10 days the wound had closed up and she could sleep for the first time in 4 month on that side of her body again.

So for the 'outside' effects of that bite, Aloe Vera can't be beaten.

One should have enough aloe vera plants growing (inside) so as to be able to cover a large part of ones body in case of serious burns.

Aloe Vera plants can be bought in most places that sell plants....

All the best, AL.

Hi Jerry and All

Jerry you know I'm just razzin ya a little :innocent0009: !! I hope it hurts a little when you laugh :laught16: !! I'm just try to butch you up a little :Huh_anim]: !! Trying to make a prospector outa you :hmmmmmm: !! While I have you undivided attention :confused0013: !! You get well soon Jerry :icon_mrgreen: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hey John B. I would think your were sick if I didn't get to read a little of you humor I was just thinking of you the other day when sitting on the crapper and realized why I needed to upgrade like you to a senior citizens tall toilet.......when I stood up I had to wipe water of my huevos and then realized why you live in warm country. You know if I drank one red bull I would be three times more hyper than I am.

Was back in the Doc's office and he added the following to his origingal diagnosis: erythema nodosum. Now I am on two antibitics instead of one. My left leg is hugely swollen and is red as a beet. It can only get better...Jerry

Jerry,

If it is a brown recluse bite it will have a maroon spot in the center and then the infection will spread in a circle and the tissue will die.

I have posted numerous times on this and on AZ GP forums with pictures about brown recluse bites, I spent 9 days in intensive care and had a fever of 105.5, they operated on my hand after 3 days and I almost lost the whole arm, it took 16 weeks to heal.

The only first aid for a brown recluse bite is to cut it out, preferably within 30 minutes! I since pay more attention and have seen lots of people with terriable scars left from untreated bites.

They treated me after surgery with "Vancomicyn" the strongest antibotic there is, they where afraid it was going to destroy my kidneys but I was dieing anyway so they gave me about a pint intraveiounsly.

I had nothing to eat for 7 days, I was too sick to care!

Wish I cound send the pictures but my internet connection is too slow, I am on top of Grimes Pass Idaho, 5099 feet .

Take care of those infections and get well soon!

Max

I know spider bite are real bad second hand. I have a friend that was bit several years ago on july 4 in her front yard. The following day she was sick and we though she had come down with the flew. high fever,shakes tired you name it. Then after she was sick a few days her daughter made her go to the hospital I was told. I didn't hear from her for 4 years. It took her that long to recover. She ha health issues before that. and 2 years after the bite she had a relapse from a cyst that had remained in the wound area. Heck Poision is a bad thing.

So you be careful and watch yer health.