Nugget Shooter Forums

What PI detector did you find your biggest nugget with?

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hello all,

I know this has been talked about before but I think it's been a few years. After looking at Reno Chris' Minelab time-line chart I realized the old technology MPS 2000 - 2100 - 2200 SD's (excluding v-2) were only made about 6 years and the newer technology GP's have been made over 8 years now. A few people feel that the older SD machines will detect larger gold at greater depth than the GPX - GP 3000 - 3500 technology using DVT and new SETA technology series detectors the GPX 4000 and 4500. The latest Minlabes excell on small gold in heavy mineralization that could not be heard using the older SD models plus the GPX 4000 machines are quieter and more immune to interference.

My Brother and I hunt together and have found far more big nuggets over an ounce with the old 2100's than the GP 3000's or GPX 4000's in about the same amout of time. The ratio has been 10 to 1 in favor of the 2100's.

So are the new GPX 4000 & 4500 finding bigger nuggets? Love to hear your opinion.

GSM....to a point I agree and disagree....I found my 436 gram nuggets with a

SD2000..18"Coiltek mono coil and many other large nuggets with the same

set-up...

Since I was the first in this region with a "super detector" and there was still a

lot of deep gold left it only stands to reason that I would be successful...

now since then at least 100 SD's of all types have been cleaning out this region...

the people here do it for a living so their out there every day pounding away...

For the last 5 years the GP's have taken over...I believe if I had any of the

GP models in the same time frame that I was using the SD2000 I would have

found just as much ....but since most of the big deep stuff has been found it's

impossible to say which is deeper....but I keep trying....

Hi Mr Goldstudmuffin

I've found more whoppers with my GMs than all my minelabs combined :innocent0009: . The few that I found with my minlabs could have been found with bounty hunters or radio shack beepers :angry-smiley-010: . My deepest whoppers were found with my goldmaster 3 :icon_mrgreen: . I've sure dug some deep cans , green turds and assorted crap with my minelabs though :grrr01: !! Of course I don't consider whoppers one or 2 ounce dinks like you :hmmmmmm: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi homefire,

I'd use a goldbug if I was looking for dinks.

Hi John,

I'm talking about pounded up "deep" nuggets - way too deep for a goldmaster nuggets, not those tinfoil hillside nuggets you tripped on! :laught16:

Hi Mr Goldstudmuffin

You and Grubstake are funny Russ :laught16: !! Your just jeolous Russ that I found so much gold and Scotty got all the good looks in your family :whoopie: !! Someday Russ, someday when your all growed up you'll break the 3 ounce mark too :woohoo: !! Maybe just maybe I'll put you in the trifecta club :hmmmmmm: !!! Happy Huntin John B.

John B. your the only one I know of, that would put one and two OZ nuggets in the crumb class, Even with Kens, 32.2 ozer, I don't think he would look at one and two ozers as CRUMBS. How about thowing me a few of them crumbs? :laught16::laught16: Although, I never have found one hunk in the once clas{17DWT] is as close in one nuggetas I have come, there has been many days, when I got well over the oz mark, just in several nuggets. I'm pleased with that and just kidding around with you. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake

I'm just razin ol Russ :innocent0009: !! I like ouncer sized ones too I just don't seem to get too excited over pennyweighters or other assorted dinks but I guess they all add up :hmmmmmm: !! Heck when I really get the jones anything will do :ROFL: . Poor Ken :icon_mrgreen: . I advised him to sell his beepers and take up another hobby :Huh_anim]: . For him it's all downhill from here :angry-smiley-010: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin

John, I called ff again last Friday, and he saided he hiked about 1.5 miles and another short .5 miler with out his cain. So things are looking up for him> :icon_mrgreen:

There have been some big finds with all the new and old units including Ken Pritcher's 32 oz with a 4500.... Finding a new place with big gold is the key and no big ones are to be found crumb chasing in old patches for the most part, but there are exceptions. New spots are getting mighty scarce these days, but there was a 2 kilo lump found in Mexico last month I got to see a photo of.

Research and access was much easier years back than now.

My biggest was with a GP 3500 and I called it my door stop specimen.....

I hit my monster (the 6.14 OZ "Palm Nugget) with my 4000 and a stock 11" DD coil. It was in a pretty well hit patch.

IMG_4615.jpg

El Dorado,

Looks like you just mowed your yard in that picture! Is that dirt on your clean coil? Steve, it was a great day to hunt with you that day...there is more out in that patch. See you when your back of South America!

LuckyLundy