Nugget Shooter Forums

Coin hunting

Aloha,

I have never had any problems with any of the parks people just a couple of curious guys who wanted to see what I found and I always seem to get asked the same thing by a lot of them. Is it really worth the time and trouble? I always just tell them it is better than just sitting around like a couch potato. Of course I never let them know if I find a ring or anything of value. :laught16:

I would double check with the dept. of parks and recreation if you want to make double sure tho.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Brent

Any luck finding out what gives in those parks? I live in Vegas as well near the Summerlin area. Well we should hook up and hunt some $$

I also visit Arizona and New Mexico often. Get in touch buddy..

Robb

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha guys,

I have had more luck hitting the rest stops along the highways during my trips either to Utah or

Arizona than I have had in Vegas. Seems to me that Vegas is too new a town for anything of value, UNLESS you hit them parks after a soccer game. I have found a couple of nice rings and a bunch of chains after one of the big games.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

PS: If one of the park maintenance guys come up to you DONT decide to display your finds!!!!!!

Here is the Las Vegas Municipal Code on metal detecting in parks. Looks like no digging at all just surface recovery. So just don't get caught digging. Like a lot of guys I use to use a long straight tip screwdriver plus I had a super big and long pair of tweezers.

13.36.055 Prohibitions. (A) The following are prohibited within any City park:(1) Fireworks, firearms or weapons of any kind;(2) Fires, except in barbecue facilities;(3) The hitting of golf balls;(4) The use of metal detectors, except for surface finds;(5) The unauthorized sale of goods or services; and(6) The providing of food or meals to the indigent for free or for a nominal fee. For purposes of this Paragraph, an indigent person is a person whom a reasonable ordinary person would believe to be entitled to apply for or receive assistance under NRS Chapter 428. (B) Pursuant to Subsection (B) of Section 13.36.050, a copy or summary of the regulations listed in Subsection (A) of this Section shall be posted at each City park.

Reference: Search 13.36.055 Prohibitions then open Article I Administration, it's at the bottom of the page.

• 4 months later...

I was wondering if anyone knows the rules&reg. coin shooting in Las Vegas area parks?

Yea.....don't get caught....LOL :lol:

At least once a week I hit Sunset Park and have never encountered anyone who has told me I couldn't use my metal detector. The first time there I uncovered a Buffalo Nickel about 5 inches down. Sunset Park used to be a large ranch and horse complex (since the 1920's) until the city annexed the land. Yesterday I found 3 pennies, 1 dime, a piece of chain link fencing, a piece of die cast metal, and 8 beer bottle caps. I always fill my holes and try to do the least amount of damage to the grass..... although the grass in some places is spotty. Sunset Park is a quick way to get my Metal Detecting fix.... less than 5 minutes away. ;)

how about boulder city and herderson?

Aloha, Dont even try Boulder City. Great place to hunt BUT they really frown on people digging up their parks. I guess someone in the past must hve really did a number on the parks and now we all have to suffer. Years ago I used to hunt the Lake areas where the beaches were located about 20 years ago before the lake dropped dramatically. Now it is a State Park area and defnitely off limits.

Your best bet is to call the Parks Department and get it straight from them with regards to hunting their parks.

Good luck.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

how about boulder city and herderson?

Here is what I found on Henderson's website: My link

Prohibited in the Parks

• Fireworks, glass containers and firearms or weapons of any type
  • Overnight parking and camping
  • Alcoholic beverages, except by special permit
  • Inflatables on grass areas May 1-Oct. 1
  • Horses, ponies or horseback riding (except at Equestrian Park)
  • Trucks, motor vehicles and bicycles on turf or other unauthorized areas
  • Climbing on trees, structures or fences
  • Staking of tents and other devices
  • Motorized scooters

Other rules and information

• Persons who intentionally damage or vandalize park property will be prosecuted
  • Fires permitted in park barbecue grills only
  • Amplified sound by permit only

I also searched the Henderson Municipal Code for "metal detector" with zero results.

Archived