Nugget Shooter Forums

Skunk off my back another 1/2 ozer for the poke

Well Luckylundy has been trying to get me to go out for two or three weeks but I haven't been able to go. Seems my wife wants me to work and my kids act like I should pay attention to them so I have been stuck at home. Well today I said screw it I'm going and I'm glad I did. Just bought a 18" commander mono coil and wanted to give it a try. I was pleased with it. I was able to pick up boot tacks few inches down and lots of small iron that I would have thought it wouldn't have gone off but it did.

So Lucky and I are beating the hell out of this old patch getting a target here and a target there but no gold to show for our efforts. Next to this rock I get a loud signal that overloads my coil and its a bullet. I shout to Lucky "Hey a bullet right next to these dig holes what gives" He says "Ya I have gone over that one but just thought it was trash". I'm a very firm believer in dig ever target you can ask anyone I hunt with. So I go to recheck the hole and low and behold I get another signal. Sounded like a square nail how they go from a low tone then high. So I thought it is a nugget or a nail as the nuggets that are fat and round seem to give this signal. Well about 10 inches later out pops this nice 10.6dwt slug. I have been skunked last two times out so it was nice to get him off my back. So I had to give Lucky a hard time for not digging all his signals and don't be getting lazy.

About 5' away I get another target and start to digging. I'm on my hands and knees cleaning out this hole and all the sudden from no where this darn mole the size of a rat comes charging at me. Man of man it scared the life out of me wasn't ready for that. He was coming at me for blood pissed little critter. I fell back from jumping out of my socks I look over at Rick and he gives me this what the hell is going on over there look. I scooped him up in my scoop and tossed him out of the hole to show Rick and he started laughing at me. All and all it was a great day way to hot but I was able to grab up a nugget and hang out with my gold hunting buddy so I was happy. Left by 10:00am so we only got the one nugget but a couple of laughes too.

DIG ALL YOUR TARGETS NO MATTER HOW THEY SOUND

06280907401.jpg

The nugget

22Jun09GregDitch105dwt200011.jpg

My nugget from today and Ricks 15+dwt from Fathers day very nice nugget

22Jun09GregDitch105dwt200031.jpg

Couple of happy Prospectors

22Jun09GregDitch105dwt200071.jpg

El Dorado,

If you could rig a detector around your pups neck, I know she'd find a nugget or two...she's a digger! Jeff, was busy beating the heat and digging targets left and right. I looked over his way a couple of times and it looked like a dust devil...must be nice to be only 30 years young! He didn't put much of a fight when I ask to go home to my swimming pool!!!

Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

Well Luckylundy has been trying to get me to go out for two or three weeks but I haven't been able to go. Seems my wife wants me to work and my kids act like I should pay attention to them so I have been stuck at home. Well today I said screw it I'm going and I'm glad I did. Just bought a 18" commander mono coil and wanted to give it a try. I was pleased with it. I was able to pick up boot tacks few inches down and lots of small iron that I would have thought it wouldn't have gone off but it did.

So Lucky and I are beating the hell out of this old patch getting a target here and a target there but no gold to show for our efforts. Next to this rock I get a loud signal that overloads my coil and its a bullet. I shout to Lucky "Hey a bullet right next to these dig holes what gives" He says "Ya I have gone over that one but just thought it was trash". I'm a very firm believer in dig ever target you can ask anyone I hunt with. So I go to recheck the hole and low and behold I get another signal. Sounded like a square nail how they go from a low tone then high. So I thought it is a nugget or a nail as the nuggets that are fat and round seem to give this signal. Well about 10 inches later out pops this nice 10.6dwt slug. I have been skunked last two times out so it was nice to get him off my back. So I had to give Lucky a hard time for not digging all his signals and don't be getting lazy.

About 5' away I get another target and start to digging. I'm on my hands and knees cleaning out this hole and all the sudden from no where this darn mole the size of a rat comes charging at me. Man of man it scared the life out of me wasn't ready for that. He was coming at me for blood pissed little critter. I fell back from jumping out of my socks I look over at Rick and he gives me this what the hell is going on over there look. I scooped him up in my scoop and tossed him out of the hole to show Rick and he started laughing at me. All and all it was a great day way to hot but I was able to grab up a nugget and hang out with my gold hunting buddy so I was happy. Left by 10:00am so we only got the one nugget but a couple of laughes too.

DIG ALL YOUR TARGETS NO MATTER HOW THEY SOUND

06280907401.jpg

The nugget

22Jun09GregDitch105dwt200011.jpg

My nugget from today and Ricks 15+dwt from Fathers day very nice nugget

22Jun09GregDitch105dwt200031.jpg

Couple of happy Prospectors

22Jun09GregDitch105dwt200071.jpg

Nice gold, but anything larger than a picker looks good to me. Keep finding those big nuggets. Doug

Hey Jeff,

Now arent you glad you went with Minelabs, seems like you kickin butt. Dave

• 1 month later...
When you going to be up here Doug?

Jeff,I will be in Sacaromento on Thursday afternoon, and would like to hunt on Friday and Sat. if Lucky agrees. I will be staying at La Quinta downtown. Hope to see you too. Doug :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: