Nugget Shooter Forums

Vaquero wow

Rockpup

I am now convinced the vaquero is a gold machine.Ok its a all-purpose machine,but it picks up small gold.It runs amazing in mineralized soil with the 5.75 coil.I think people doubt the abilties of the vaquero.It picks up such small surface gold.I could not beleave it.I ran it super tuned no problem,not many hot rocks,did find some but its crazy how well and smooth it runs in a electric free area.Its a killer little machine.People really need to give it a chance,learn how to use it.I am sticking with it.I want to really buy another machine,but this thing amazes me every dang time I take it out.

I will buy another whites machine for coins,I really love the spectra graph/also the 2 tones while silver coin hunting.But as far as relics and gold this vaquero is great.I truly recomend it to anyone that does not want to spend a fortune on a gold machine just to find they do not like it.I still not sure if I like nugget hunting,so I am sticking with the Vaquero.

I must admit I hate hunting in the city with it.It is more of a beep and dig machine.I do like the whites when coin hunting.The vaquero does well on the beach,but did act funny at at least one beach I have detected.I had to run it at 7 gain with higher disk to get it stable.It must not like moist patchs.The only problems I get are on the lakes.

I have a cibola and I am amazed at how well it works when I use it to detect bullet shells. I do it in the same area as I detect for gold. And It does stay a hell of a lot more stable than I had expected. Though I doubt it would find the flakes the GMT finds.

:coffeetime: :hmmmmmm: :innocent0009:

Maybe Steve H. would appreciate your comments. He made some posts inquiring about the Vaquero as a budget detector for gold. I have a new Tejon, Bandido II Umax, Eldorado, and a Shadow X2, which are all made by Tesoro. I'm going to have to then out the herd. I got a good deal on a GMT, and that's what I'm going to use for gold and meteorites.

I have a cibola and I am amazed at how well it works when I use it to detect bullet shells. I do it in the same area as I detect for gold. And It does stay a hell of a lot more stable than I had expected. Though I doubt it would find the flakes the GMT finds.

Have not found nuggets yet.I have found enough small scrap lead pieces to prove to me that it can find gold.I have test nuggets,that I put on the top of the soil(no depth testing yet),the smallest Is about 2 grains,it picks it up,with the disk on,with the disk on about 5.Since I had no problems with the gain,I could crank it(also thershold).I say with good headphones around a 1"depth on a .2-.3 grain piece.Nothing like a GMT,but im sure its just as sensative if not more than the MXT.I would like to do some depth testing and would also like to see how it runs with the stock lobo coil.

Hi Rockpup,

I just stumbled into a good buy on a used Vaquero and it comes with the small coil as a bonus, so I will be trying this little detector out looking for gold in a couple of weeks also.

Reg

Have not found nuggets yet.I have found enough small scrap lead pieces to prove to me that it can find gold.I have test nuggets,that I put on the top of the soil(no depth testing yet),the smallest Is about 2 grains,it picks it up,with the disk on,with the disk on about 5.Since I had no problems with the gain,I could crank it(also thershold).I say with good headphones around a 1"depth on a .2-.3 grain piece.Nothing like a GMT,but im sure its just as sensative if not more than the MXT.I would like to do some depth testing and would also like to see how it runs with the stock lobo coil.

I found 8 pickers with my Gmt on one outing. A total wt. of 1.2 Grams. It will find the small gold. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Silver Dog

Hi Rockpup,

Well, I ran a few quick tests on my newly acquired (used) Vaquero and I have to say I am impressed. The autotune is fast enough and the detector is really quite sensitive even to small gold down to a grain in size in both the AM mode and the disc mode.

I can certainly see where this detector could be quite fun to use in certain places.

I will know more in a couple of weeks when I take up to some gold country and see how it really does. Fortunately, where I will be going, the ground is extremely mild so it should work very well.

Having used a lot of various gold detectors both VLF and PI, I can say, this little detector is quite competitive and doesn't break the bank.

Reg