Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EbonBetta

what drywasher do you use most ?

which drywasher do you use most ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. what drywasher do you use most ?

• Keene 151 ?
    • Keene puffer type ?
    • gold buddy large ?
    • gold buddy medium ?
    • gold buddy small ?
    • home made puffer type?
    • home made blower type ?
    • gold exorcist ?

Hello I just looking to see what you all like and use .

The answers do not neccessarily mean which is best.

Surely there are more than 8 of us who drywash. If I didn't inclue your drywasher how about just adding a post and voting for the closet type

Gold buddy large just because it's the only one I have. Want to get a small hand puffer for sampling this next season... have to do less digging and more sampling.

:twocents: I use a Gold King Large with a 3 HP Brigs and Straton Blower, I can direct feed or gather buckets and feed it a little at a time. This gives me a chance to take a break from digging and my blower a chance to cool down when I don't use it.

Like tohers I would also like a puffer type for sampling and backpacking into remote areas.

Good luck

Tim

I'm ready to buy my first one. I see the gold exorcist, which I was considering, has quite a following! :tisc-tisc:

I'm seriously considering this one, any thoughts?

One thing that concerned me was it has 1 or 2 fewer riffles than the others. Is this a legitimate issue?

I see it's a little more than some of the others I've found, do I get what I pay for?

http://packwasher.freeyellow.com/page1.html

Buy a KEENE since no more PESCO--the adjustable elliptical vibration(and yes they also build up a electrostatic charge same as GX) and be a MUCH happier wealthier miner-tons a au 2 u 2-John

From what I have read, the exorcist only runs finely classified material.. won't be any nuggets in your future. It also appears to be much slower volume wise than say a gold buddy or keene. I have have no experience but that is what I understood from what I read. It is specifically for capturing very small gold from fine sands.

jagdoctor1 I assume your talking to Cammo ?

I have been thinking of also getting a Exorcist but I have very specific reasons.

1 I'm looking to use it here on my clubs other claim. It has LOT's of fine gold. If there are any nuggets the GMT would pick them up. The drywasher I use Might be very good but I built it and I do not have that much confidence to think that I'm getting all the gold now. Because of disability I like this location because It's an easy drive and I can drywash classify and whatever I like with in 30ft of my motorhome. I presently classify to 1/8 because the drywasher doesn't like more rocks than that. as I said I built it shrug. If the exorcist is only 12 lbs that's light I can even walk a nbit further to dig.

But the other claim I work I will only scrape and detect on.

From what I have read, the exorcist only runs finely classified material.. won't be any nuggets in your future. It also appears to be much slower volume wise than say a gold buddy or keene. I have have no experience but that is what I understood from what I read. It is specifically for capturing very small gold from fine sands.

EbonBetta,

I've drywashed for many years now. I've used homemade puffers, Gold Buddy and a Keene Puffer. I liked the Keene Puffer about the best but weight became an issue. It is heavy, bulky, and hard to store. I just sold my Keene and I'm looking into buying a new puffer from Frank C. He makes a good unit, designed off of a very good gold getter and weighs in at about 18lbs with a handle to carry it by. Check his machine out. I have had personal experience with the Gold Exorcist and that is all I shall comment about. Caught to much static the last time I gave my opinion on the thing.

OL'29er :coffeetime:

EbonBetta

I use a hand crank puffer. It is the big brother of the puffer that Frank C

builds. The original Ole Yeller,that belongs to Paleface,and the one I have

will gather fine gold very well. Frank has cut a lot of weight off of the machines,

and his machines work very good too. Plus they are quiet,light,easy to use,and

less than half the price of an Exorcist and blower. Also they will grab all sizes of

gold in case you hit a good spot,and you don't have to classify.

The Exorcist is just like you described it,but it ain't slow. It will process 5 gallon

buckets of classified material, faster than you can pour them. Also it will make a

hell of a dust cloud. I had good success running 1/4 inch classified. Get the cheap

Poulan electric leaf blower to run it with. It puts out just the right air flow,and for

some reason really helps to separate,and hold the gold better. No farther than you

are working from your motor home,if you have a generator,a long extension cord

would put you in business.

Picking a drywasher depends on the person running it more than anything.

One day you wish it had all the bells and whistles. The next day just at dark,a mile

from your pickup,in a god awful gully. You just wish the darn thing could walk by

itself. :laught16:

SAWMILL SAYS.......

Picking a drywasher depends on the person running it more than anything.

One day you wish it had all the bells and whistles. The next day just at dark,a mile

from your pickup,in a god awful gully. You just wish the darn thing could walk by

itself. :laught16:

..........................................MAN IF THAT AIN'T THE TRUTH....................................... :twocents: :laught16:

You all need one of these! :laught16:

I wonder if I should have put Frank c 's drywasher on the list.

Would it be wrong to say use homemade puffer if your using his drywashers ? The small one or the ole' yeller.

From what I've seen of his picture's he makes a really nice product.

You all need one of these! :laught16:

You left one drywasher out... the Keene 140. I've had mine for a few years now and I'm happy with it. Only gripe I have, sometimes I wish it had a bigger hopper because after 2.5 shovels full of dirt I'm waiting for it... guess thats what the 151 is for. :shrug:

As for the Gold Exorcist, I'll say what I always have about it- The concept of an electrostactically charged cloth (and riffle tray) is a very good idea and that is what the exorcist seems to be doing to me (please correct me if I'm wrong). BUT I need something I can continuosly shovel into all day without having to classify my material down to 1/8" - 1/4". If the manufacturer took their concept and put it into a good quality full size drywasher I can shovel into then I'll think they're onto something. I'm not looking for a little drywasher that will process my concentrates.. thats what a wet system at home is for (more efficient)... especially for the price they charge for them. :twocents:

Del

:laught16:

I put a Vibrator made from a 12v motor with a pulley cut in half on my home made sluice hung from springs one time!

Dose that Count? :Huh_anim]:

It was loud as hell, Had to feed it like your grand son, but it got some color! :coffeetime:

The Sands and Grit was a dancing.

Had to set the angle of the dangle a bit more. :innocent0009:

I,ve used a lot of different drywashers.I now have a packwasher and will not use anything else.Very easy to pack.It has features none of the others have.Recovery is excellent.Only problem is , too high priced.Got mine used for 150 bucks.Just my 2cents. Al

Love my Keene 12 volt puffer...

Almost worth getting better acquainted with a #2 shovel again with todays prices at around 40.00 per gram... :rolleyes:

Would like to give one of your 12 volt puffers a go one of these days Frank... :inocent:

Frank C's small unit is great. I bought one at the gold show. Good thing I bought one early. The guys know a good thing when they see it. He sold out fast. It's a nice light weight well made puffer and the price is right.

the keane 151 is an awsome machine. lugging it around for doing sample test holes is a pain trying to manage machine and motor.

there is a man in the mojave GPA club that makes home made puffer dry washers and from what i have seen with people using them there a fine drywasher and the hold the gold.

im going to hopefully before summer have a small puffer type drywasher for sampling/ im going to go onto keane site and look at their puffer type dry washer.

though to be honest frank c old yeller looks a fine machine easy to fold up and carry.

i work gold basin areas and i havent seen many keane 151s in fact im the only one using one.usually see puffer type dry washers and blower motor type dry washers.

second thing to being able to move about with a dry washer is most people love the fact that the puffer type dry washer doesent make much noise and most people prefer the quiet.

me i work a lot at night and the noise helps keep the snakes away from where im working and i have a small genny going also so theres noise all the time.

I have to throw my friend Bret Chilcott's, AZ Desert Gold Drywasher http://www.AZDesertGold.com into the mix here. Many of you know Bret, or have met him out at Stanton during the shows there - and in California.

post-22152-0-90593700-1296059908_thumb.j

Bret & Terry

His drywasher is metal, and lightweight - 13-pounds! He is an engineer - and like Frank C. - a freakin' perfectionist fanatic about his machines. If you want a great machine that is easy to carry, set-up and run, I strongly suggest you check out Arizona's own, AZ Desert Gold!

post-22152-0-06272300-1296060434_thumb.g

If you want to see it in action, go here and scroll down for AGA's four-part tutorial on Drywashing http://www.arizonagoldadventures.com/id5.html - :thumbsupanim Terry