Nugget Shooter Forums

Charcoal drawing of the Glorieta Mountain meteor

Evening all,

I received this nice charcoal drawing tonight as a gift from my daughter Celina. It is of the Glorieta Mountain meteor. (Celina's depiction of a falling star) It was a birthday gift and I was very surprised and happy to receive it. It looks nice hanging on the wall and has found a home next to my meteorites.

Thought you all might like to see it. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks everyone and happy hunting!

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

Dean

WOW!!!! What a depiction of such an awesome event! Tell your daughter that she is an inspirational and very talented artist. Jason :;):

Happy Birthday Dean, with many more to come.

Jason, thanks I will tell her! She will be happy with all the great comments! Sorry the pics were kinda bad with the lighting.

Bones, thanks I am enjoying this piece greatly!

Dustin, gracias amigo!

Fred, I found out she had been working on this piece while going to school and staying very busy. Thanks Fred! It is good to be loved!

Doug, I was very surprised with this piece. It was an unexpected treasure of a gift!

Bob, thanks buddy! Another year down with lots of days spent in the field enjoying the outdoors. Couldn't ask for a better year or a better birthday spent with family and friends!!

Thanks all!

Dean

Dean, Happy Birthday, What an absolutely wonderful gift from your daughter. It's great to have a love one who really knows exactly what you would like. Perfect Gift!!! Clifton

Clifton,

Thanks! Yeah I was really freaked out when I saw it hanging on the wall when we arrived home! A perfect gift...yup!!!

Dean

Hi Dean,

Primero, FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!!! Y su hija, que pintor! Que bonita dibujo carbon! I think she knows how important it is to you, I hope my daughter is that good to me.

Congrats on your 29th, Ben ( Warning: substantial liberties were taken in regard to age estimation)

Ben,

Que buen es su escribir en espanol!! Gracias por los muy beun palabras para mi hija! I am enjoying her gift quite a bit!

29 years old.....I owe you a CASE of beer for that comment!

Billy, thanks my friend for the kind words. I will let her know for sure! Good hunting!!

Dean

Guest bedrock bob
Ben,

Que buen es su escribir en espanol!! Gracias por los muy beun palabras para mi hija! I am enjoying her gift quite a bit!

29 years old.....I owe you a CASE of beer for that comment!

Billy, thanks my friend for the kind words. I will let her know for sure! Good hunting!!

Dean

That Ben is a cunning linguist isn't he? I am impressed! I stuggle with simple phrases still, and I have lived in a Spanish speaking world all of my life.

Que lastima! Un idioma mas vale en este pais! Tambien por un gabacho aqui.

Bob

Bob y Ben,

Ustedes necesito voy por Mexico! Las cosas esta bien con la Ben cuando ustedes estan en Mexico y buscan los meteorites y el oro tambien! Los tres amigos!!! ayeee!!! Ok, sorry got carried away. I am very rusty like an old iron meteorite and just wanted to practice a bit. Serious though, Ben... you can do the talking and politicking when we make it to Mexico one day soon. Just make sure and find a good sombrero and a pair of green or blue boots! Good hunting.

Dean

Hey Guys,

Gold and meteorites sure sound good to me! That's a tough decision on the boots though. I only had two years of Spanish (en escuela segundo) so when I used to spend a lot of time down south, I'd speak "Spanglish, which seemed to be understood by everyone. My son Erik has four years, and is very good at La Lingua. Sinaloa here we come!

Ben

Ben,

Erik is going with us of course. He can do all the talking since he has 2 years on you!! You better find him a pair of orange boots that will go along with his avatar photo!

Dean

Happy Birthday Dean,

Wonderful gift from a wonderful daughter. :whoopie:

I know you will have many, many more birthdays, 'caus, climbing those steeeeep mountains there chasing those glorieta meteorites will really keep you young.

Congratulations,

Bob

Bob,

Thanks my friend, I appreciate the kind words. The hiking really does keep the pounds off of the old panza and surely does keep one young!! See you out there soon!!

Dean