Nugget Shooter Forums

Yo All...A guy from around Ventura found an awesome 8.675 ozt. nugget out by Randsburg...Photo below...Here's the link: Big Honkin' Nugget ...Cheers, Unc

post-9-1243793596_thumb.jpg

Hi Cuz,

Thanks for sharing that story with us! Such a cool find and a deserving

guy to boot.

When I first saw the title of the post, I thought, "Cuz has found a monster..."

That would have really tickled me had that really been the case.

I suspect there will be a gold rush to the Randsburg country now, it always happens...

Cuz Gary

Aloha Uncle Ron,

Wow what a story and what a nugget!! :Huh_anim]: Sounds like someone finally got his wish and looks like his retirement "nestegg" is in the form of real gold.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

He is a member of the Prospector's Club of Southern California, but it is unclear whether his big one came off our Red Chispa claim or not. Willie Merrill took one on that claim that weighed just a hair under one pound in the 1980's with a VLF. Numerous ounce and above nuggets have come off the claim since then, but this is the largest in recent years.

That is one awsome lump of gold...........

Well,

Looks like when I get back on my feet, I'll have lots of company in the Randsburg General Store, eating their good food, and drinking coffee.... :coffeetime:

Just remember, a lot of the area is by "permit" only..

Thats one great find, I sure would like to dig up one about that size every day. :innocent0002: --might turn me into a working man

again.. :innocent0009: Do they still have the mineral collection in the store up in Randsburg--seems like I remember a soda fountain

in there also.

Small collection of rocks, but still a good soda fountain, many books for sale,some by Jim Straight.

If you want rocks, call Minerals Unlimited- 760 375-5279 >127 N. Downs St. in Ridgecrest, Ca. 93555

This place has all types of rocks, and is one of the few remaining places that carries them in stock.

Yo All...A guy from around Ventura found an awesome 8.675 ozt. nugget out by Randsburg...Photo below...Here's the link: Big Honkin' Nugget ...Cheers, Unc

Ron if he found that egg in last chance canyon, then I am upset . I walked that Canyon for 3 days last Fall. Silver Dog

Silver Dog you said you walked last chance canyon,

There are a lot of deep areas in there no one get,s it all.

Also a safty note the lower last chance canyon area is now part of Red Rock Canyon State park, Up passed the water hole.

They have been issuing tickets and fines down there,More so as of late

The nugget was taken out of ?????????? well it was not Last chance.The El Pasos still have large gold to be found it is just a matter of finding the one waiting for you..Also it is a matter of time lot,s of time ,My largest out there was over 6 oz,s and a few 1 and 2,oz.s

good luck out there.

Jerry {sandtrap} were is the area that is closed or a permit area ? How is the shoulder?

Hi Denny,

Uncertain as to "closed" area, as have not been out in that area recently. Left my map of restricted area in my friends jeep. so have not had a chance to look. Can't drive my Zuki for awhile.

Hopefully , the staples and stitches come out today,and, had my first session at physical therapy yesterday. Eager to get out, but age 72 makes me heal slower. I shall prevail tho. :icon_mrgreen:

Jerry glad to hear you are ok.When you are able and it is not to hot we will have to get together,

If you get that info e mail me ,I,am cureiouse as to the areas,Also going to do some work with BLM,Seems we are all on the same page,Just do not know how long it will take to get there,

Just curious if any of you actully know where it was found, or are just thinking out loud where you think it was found. No don't tell me I d not need to or care to really know. I have my suspicions but thats based on group convo's I've had from fellow gold detector hunters from the area.

They just showed the guy and the nugget on Fox news today. Taxes will be next eh?

Sometimes, good fortune like that brings unwanted attention...Uncle Sam and "the shadow" comes to mind. It's like winning the lottery...the flies start swarming. BUT...we should all be so lucky...

• 2 weeks later...

Sandtrap... I agree that "Silence is GOLDen..." But the "cat is out of

the bag."

Thanks for plugging Minerals Unlimited... It is the best

place to go for "field grade" mineral and rock specimens...

Now about the General Store... The money from my book sales

go to the Red Mountain Senior Citizens... They live in Jo'Burg, Randsburg,

as well as Red Mountain... For any of you who belong to S.B. Valley

Prosectors there is a write-up about their needs in the latest Gazzette.

And as frosting on the cake... since the "cat is out of the bag" ... the last PCSC

newsletter has quite a write up about the 9 oz nugget... it was found by a

someone who happened to be a PCSC member.

Sandtrap... I agree that "Silence is GOLDen..." But the "cat is out of

the bag."

Thanks for plugging Minerals Unlimited... It is the best

place to go for "field grade" mineral and rock specimens...

Now about the General Store... The money from my book sales

go to the Red Mountain Senior Citizens... They live in Jo'Burg, Randsburg,

as well as Red Mountain... For any of you who belong to S.B. Valley

Prosectors there is a write-up about their needs in the latest Gazzette.

And as frosting on the cake... since the "cat is out of the bag" ... the last PCSC

newsletter has quite a write up about the 9 oz nugget... it was found by a

someone who happened to be a PCSC member.

Hi Jim, He is also a OC49ers member. Yes nice write up in PCSC.

Howdy All... Yep it is one nice nugget find... As the word gets out it will bring

in others from a distance. One thing for sure, I hope everyone follows the rules.

If'n one of us doesn't we all lose...

If the area where the nugget was found happens to be under an active mining

claim, keep in mind the spot now is like a deer track... it just shows were a deer

was once... Nice size gold has been found in a broad area.

Keep in mind the Mojave desert during the summer is known for a long hot

summer with occasional showers and winds. The spring and fall are pleasant,

but by late fall, winter, and early spring comes strong winds. The climate is dry

and shade is scanty. While the day temperatures can be warm, as soon as the sun

sets the evenings can be cool. And there is always a chance for a sudden

flashflood that can washout the highway.

For those of you who are new to prospecting in the Mojave around Randsburg/

El Paso/Summit Range, keep in mind the sun can be intense. Dehydration,

and hypotherma can be serious... So be careful while moving around in the sun.

Malignant melanona is an ever increasingly significant cause of skin cancer that

later in life can become a more serious cancer...

Please... I do not want to sound overly cautious... but keep in mind I have been

going out drywashing and detecting in this broad area since 1962...

• 2 weeks later...