Nugget Shooter Forums

GLORIETA HERE I COME WOO HOO!!!!!

Just obtained permission from a land owner in Glorieta this week. Going this weekend. Wish me luck guys. IF I'm lucky enough to find one I'm naming it BEDROCK BOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :laught16: Report to follow on the trip hopefully with pics.

Good Luck, find a big one, worth thousands.... Post pics of your finds. Dave.

Aloha and may the meteorite Gods be with you! :bowdown:

Dont forget to make a little offering before and after your hunt.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Got onto the private land late this morning however after 20 minutes of detecting hit a target on a hillside. After a very short dig and sifting through the dirt there she was!!! Not very big, just under 1 inch in length and the widest part being about a 1/4 inch. Not thick at all. I don't have a digital scale to weigh it now but will soon. 99% sure it's a Glorieta Meteorite so I'll need to get with Dean and have him confirm. If it is this is my first meteorite hunt and first find. Pictures to come this evening. BTW if it is one, I'm naming it Spacerock Bob... :laught16:

Robert,

Congrats!!!!! Good on ya buddy. I will run up there after work tomorrow and take a look at her...er I mean little Bobby. That is outstanding for you to find your first one so quickly! It only took me months on end and a couple of pair of boots!!

Give me a call in the morning and we can whittle the time down to meet. I will bring my loupe so we can have a better look at that bad boy.

Hey by the way, did you run into any cops, caretakers or rattle snakes?!!!

Dean

Robert,

Congrats!!!!! Good on ya buddy. I will run up there after work tomorrow and take a look at her...er I mean little Bobby. That is outstanding for you to find your first one so quickly! It only took me months on end and a couple of pair of boots!!

Give me a call in the morning and we can whittle the time down to meet. I will bring my loupe so we can have a better look at that bad boy.

Hey by the way, did you run into any cops, caretakers or rattle snakes?!!!

Dean

Dean, lookin' fwd to that beer in Corrales. Only cops there were me and the ol' man. The land owner was there too, real good guy. Actual hunt time was less than an hour and a half cuz the ol' man wanted to head out along with my 6 and 5 year old. Plan on hittin it all day tomorrow. Actually got the key for the gate from the landowner.

post-21741-1242617176_thumb.jpg

Guest bedrock bob

Well done Robert! I had this feeling you would figure it out pretty quick! Congradulations and I hope you find a bucket full of those before it is all over!

So now the shoe is on the other foot. Gonna take me hunting with you this weekend? C'mon dude!

Bederock Bob

Guest bedrock bob
Dean, lookin' fwd to that beer in Corrales. Only cops there were me and the ol' man. The land owner was there too, real good guy. Actual hunt time was less than an hour and a half cuz the ol' man wanted to head out along with my 6 and 5 year old. Plan on hittin it all day tomorrow. Actually got the key for the gate from the landowner.

He actually has a lot in common with his namesake... Dimples, hard head, and crusty. Rough around the edges... I'll betcha he looks sharp in a cowboy hat too!

When he grows up he is going to be a 50lb. pallasite!

Bedrock Bob

Dam Nice! :whoopie: And your first fine! Outstanding! Your can't ask for better. You proved it. No Guts No Glorieta. You sure have all the determination necessary. WOW! Looking forward to your next finds. See Ya Out There :icon_mrgreen: Clifton

Robert,

it was nice meeting you and talking meteorites with you. Oh, and thanks for the beer! We will have to hit the Corrales brewery when they are open next time and throw down some cold ones!!

Good luck on your future hunts, we will hit the hills soon.

Dean

Robert,

it was nice meeting you and talking meteorites with you. Oh, and thanks for the beer! We will have to hit the Corrales brewery when they are open next time and throw down some cold ones!!

Good luck on your future hunts, we will hit the hills soon.

Dean

Sounds like a plan. Rain, hail, sleet, snow, landowners, cops or rattlesnakes, we will hunt!!!!! :laught16: BTW, NM Gang Task Force Conference was kinda slow and boring today. You didn't miss anything. Maybe we can drag Bedrock Bob down to Corrales soon for some frosty beverages and talk of treasure and adventure. lol .