Nugget Shooter Forums

Anyone Headed To Gold Basin This Weekend

I was wondering if anyone is headed to Gold Basin this weekend, and if you have a whites gmt, I was wondering if I could meet up with you. I have a GMT, in which I believe the coil is bad, but I would like to compare with someone else. Thanks for any help. Dave

Hi Wayne, will look into the other coils as well, thanks. Stan (AKA Kiami) has offered me to test out his coils on my gmt Sunday at Gold Basin. Thanks for everyones help, if anyone is interested in trying out a Keene 151 Drywasher, I will be in Gold Basin Sunday with Kiami. Reading up on the GMT, another great feature is the black sand reading on the detector, great for finding nice drywashing sites, especially where black sands concentrate. Dave

Aloha everyone,

Met up with Dave and YEP his coil is defective! Man, it sounded off on everything. Looks like he will be sending it in to get it replaced as it is still under warranty. We hunted for a couple of hours but the heat just got to be too much. Found a subgram piece with my goldmax sierra coil so I was happy to show off how great it works.

Oh yeah, found me a 4 inch quartz specimen with a thin line of gold running thru it. BOOYAH!! Whew, I almost thru it away thinking it was a hot rock with iron in it. But just as I was about to chuck it the sun shined onto a flat area and BOING I saw gold. My favorite color!

We also met up with a guy who came all the way from minnesota and believe it or not but he found a nice Gold Basin piece about 18-20 grams. Man was he happy.

All in all it was a great day just to be out and about.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Thanks Stan for your help, I called whites, and they said they are sending me a new coil in the mail tomorrow, what great customer service, they dont even want the old coil, Im thinkin about crackin it open to see if I can see anything. Nice piece of gold you found, you will have to post a pic. Looks like MPA did file a new claim out there in GB. It is on the Geocommunicator website. There was more people out in GB this weekend than I have seen all year. Take Care, and thanks for all who helped on the coil. Dave

Aloha Dave,

Awesome news about the coil from Whites. Man, they are terrific when it comes to customer service. One reason I always recommend them to anyone looking for a metal detector first time out.

I will try to get a better pic of the specimen than the one I took earlier. Going to have to play with the macro lens.

Too bad about that area being claimed by MPA. Oh well.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi