Nugget Shooter Forums

Hopper goes to Arizona!

Hi all,

I've been away for a while chasing space rocks - and have been unable to post to the list until a couple of days ago.

First want to publicly congratulate STEVE AND GEOFF for a great job on the NEW TV show!!

Second, I want to say that after months of negotiating and waiting (and with much help from Rob Wesel) I was finally able to purchase Hopper!

Here is the "About Hopper" Page on my site: It should go with out saying that it will grow with every new adventure we take.

http://www.mr-meteorite.net/abouthopper.htm

Hopper goes to Arizona - a few pics on her last day in West, Texas.

http://www.mr-meteorite.net/meteoritefindingdog.htm

Lastly, here is a short 2 1/2 minute video as we tour the Odessa Crater

Ruben and Hopper tour the Odessa Crater Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a7AtJqWjG8

Ruben Garcia

Phoenix, Arizona

Articles: http://www.meteorite.com/blog/

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user...rfright&p=v

Thanks Ben!

I have been from one side of the country to the other looking for space rocks since the last time I posted. Then as soon as I returned I got the call that Hopper was finally waiting for me so we drove 20 hours up to West and picked her up. She was so sweet all the way home, no trouble at all. This weekend I'm off again with Mike, Paul and Del and Rob Matson.

Ruben

Aloha Ruben,

Nice of you to "rescue" Hopper. Hope you both have a great time hunting for them space rocks together. Just make sure that Hopper is snake trained since it is inevitable that you both will run into them little critters.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

BTW, is Hopper part blue heeler/australian cattle dog?

Aloha Ruben,

Nice of you to "rescue" Hopper. Hope you both have a great time hunting for them space rocks together. Just make sure that Hopper is snake trained since it is inevitable that you both will run into them little critters.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

BTW, is Hopper part blue heeler/australian cattle dog?

Thanks Stan,

Sonny called me and recomended the same thing. I never knew there was such a thing as snake training. sounds like a good idea. As to what type of dog Hopper is? I don't know but I'm pretty sure she's a ROCK HOUND!

Ruben your gonna love Hopper! The short time I spent with her I could tell she's a very loyal and loving dog that will always stick by your side. I'll bet you'll never have to use a leash on her when she's out hunting with you. As for her breed, I'm willing to bet she's some sort of Australian Shepherd/Collie mix and this was evident from her looks and the way she handled the cattle out there. Remember... your dog saved my butt from a bull! :laught16:

I'm fortunate enough to have my little Beagle Maggie with me by my side sometimes when I'm out hunting. Here's a pic of her "in-situ" with a find-

Maggiein-situ2.jpg

The best thing about having a dog... no matter how crappy your day is, when you walk through the door... you get the Rock Star treatment! Congrats on your new find, you're going to love her!

I'll see you this weekend my friend! :cool04:

Del

Ruben:

This is great news for Hopper. I spent almost an entire day with her and she was great – very playful and a lot of fun to have around. I’ll never forget her playing with the cows, it was fun to watch.

I have to say, some of the ranchers there in West did not like her, so it looks like she has a good loving home, and who knows, perhaps she’ll make some finds for you too.

Congratulations on your latest addition to your family,

Greg Stanley

Ruben:

This is great news for Hopper. I spent almost an entire day with her and she was great – very playful and a lot of fun to have around. I’ll never forget her playing with the cows, it was fun to watch.

I have to say, some of the ranchers there in West did not like her, so it looks like she has a good loving home, and who knows, perhaps she’ll make some finds for you too.

Congratulations on your latest addition to your family,

Greg Stanley

Thanks Greg,

Rob says that you may join us this weekend. If so I'll see you out there...

Guest bedrock bob
Thanks Stan,

Sonny called me and recomended the same thing. I never knew there was such a thing as snake training. sounds like a good idea. As to what type of dog Hopper is? I don't know but I'm pretty sure she's a ROCK HOUND!

Ruben,

On Tuesday my Bolide Hound got bit again! And again it was within 10 feet of the house. This time it only cost me $500 bucks. Last time it was almost $2000. Whatever you can do to educate them about snakes will pay off down the line. Both in money and in heartbreak. Wally is fine now, but the skin on his neck hangs down half way to the ground. When he reaches cosmic speed it flops around really badly. This is his second bite and he came through great both times only because I got him to the vet within 45 minutes or so. If I was out miles from the truck he would have died, or been disfigured. We are going to be checking out snake training soon too.

Bob

Guest bedrock bob
Wow, you guys are scarng me now... I guess I'd better look into it soon.

An active dog gets in to EVERYTHING. Skunks, snakes, bears, the works. Ol' Wally is my best buddy and he wouldn't let anything happen to me if he could help it. Snakes and foxtail grass have both been a big worry, and you have to stay on top of things with those hound dogs or they will get hurt before you know it! Skeeters, ticks and fleas will tap their health quick too.

Hey, with a new dog it pays to spend some time getting to know them and learning their personality and parameters. A little snake class or some obedience training is probably just the ticket. Once a dog and an owner figure it out they make a heck of a team. As many nights as I spend out on the road, camped along the rairoad tracks, or way the hell out in the boonies my big black buddy has more than paid his way. He lets me know when trouble is near, and if anyone even THINKS a bad thought toward me Wally is on the case in a big way. He is like a Smith and Wesson with soft furry ears. I swear that I would rather be bit than see him all swollen up. He is almost like a child to me now.

Hey, it looks like we are both going to have some snake training soon!