Nugget Shooter Forums

Copper Nuggets

John, What did you clean them with.I hunted in a place near Aiivaca where there was supposed to be copper nuggets but didn't find any.

Harry

John, What did you clean them with.I hunted in a place near Aiivaca where there was supposed to be copper nuggets but didn't find any.

Harry

Well Harry, beings you didn't find any you can clean them with nothing . :innocent0002:

Allen

Harry

Harry, I used a granular dry acid compound that i use for pickling silver when making jewelry. I mixed it with water according to directions in an old crook pot, put it on medium heat and let it sit over night then washed it soap & water and a toothbrush. I wasn't sure it would hold together but it did ok. You can buy the pickle solution at any jewelry supply. I can't use the pickle on silver after copper so I keep the copper solution in a jar for future use. Hope you can get out and find some big ones soon (gold that is). John

Well Harry, beings you didn't find any you can clean them with nothing . :innocent0002:

Allen

Allen,I have four copper nuggets that a friend in Arivaca gave to Me. Allen when my gold scale wouldn't weigh right at the gold show last week i tapped it sideways in the palm of my hand an a small peice of that yellow metal fell out and it works fine again.

Harry, I used a granular dry acid compound that i use for pickling silver when making jewelry. I mixed it with water according to directions in an old crook pot, put it on medium heat and let it sit over night then washed it soap & water and a toothbrush. I wasn't sure it would hold together but it did ok. You can buy the pickle solution at any jewelry supply. I can't use the pickle on silver after copper so I keep the copper solution in a jar for future use. Hope you can get out and find some big ones soon (gold that is). John

Thanks John'I'll pick up some pickle solution. I also have about twenty Morgan silver dollers that were melted together in a house fire. I'm going to melt them down and salvage the silver. What should I use to flux the impurities from the silver after melting.

Harry