Nugget Shooter Forums

Spoke with Mr. Meteorite.Suggested I try here

My husband and I are planning to come to the Phoenix area probably the second week of September. We really want to hunt for meteorites. We have a Minelab Xterra 30 which I think, unfortunately, does not have a manual ground balance (which was suggested by Ruben Garcia). We need to practice with this before we come out. We cannot buy another one.

We wanted to hunt in Franconia, Holbrook and Gold Basin.

Ruben Garcia was very honest and frank about a newbee hunting. I understand the chances of finding a meteorite are slim. But I really have to try.

We will read as much as we can get a hold of and comb through the sites in order for us to better be able to tell identify a meteorite.

Is there anyone who would be willing to take us out? Are there any meteorite hunting services????

We dig for fossils in the Peace River in Florida, so are used to long hours of heavy digging.

Thanks so much!

Sue and Alan

Hi Sue and Alan, I would sugest that you keep checking the post here. Sometimes the guy's post when they are going out to hunt. You may be able to catch up with them and they will point you in the right direction. Be sure to bring plenty of water, etc. :icon_mrgreen:

best wishes and happy hunting, jim "bones" :coffeetime: :outtahere:

My husband and I are planning to come to the Phoenix area probably the second week of September. We really want to hunt for meteorites. We have a Minelab Xterra 30 which I think, unfortunately, does not have a manual ground balance (which was suggested by Ruben Garcia). We need to practice with this before we come out. We cannot buy another one.

We wanted to hunt in Franconia, Holbrook and Gold Basin.

Ruben Garcia was very honest and frank about a newbee hunting. I understand the chances of finding a meteorite are slim. But I really have to try.

We will read as much as we can get a hold of and comb through the sites in order for us to better be able to tell identify a meteorite.

Is there anyone who would be willing to take us out? Are there any meteorite hunting services????

We dig for fossils in the Peace River in Florida, so are used to long hours of heavy digging.

Thanks so much!

Sue and Alan

Sue , I will be in Holbrook on the 17th. if you and Alan would like to hook up Let me know. I have a GMT, and have found meteorites in Franconia with it in Auto GB. Just make sure that you have a test Meteorite to keep checking the discrimanation. As long as you can hear the test nugget

you will be able to hear the one that you find. Hope that I have helped . Good hunting . Doug

I'll try to get out and hunt that week. thats a long way down the road and I haven't ironed out my college schedule but I will definitely try to meet up with you guys.

[Erik]

thanks to all the replies. Very kind!!!

Have some pressing family business in the next few days, but will be booking airfare next week. By then we should pretty much know where we will be on what day.

Look forward to meeting you.

Sue and Alan