Nugget Shooter Forums

Santa Bsrbara Fires

Denny wanted me to let all of know that he has evacuated his home and will be off line for awhile. The police escourted a goup out. Keep him and all the others in the area in your thoughts and prayers.

Ol'29er

Please let him know that I am sure we hope his house is ok, but its not as important as his family.

Denny has been packing and unpacking for 7 or 8 months now with this

crazy year 'round fire season here in Southern Cal.

Santa Barbara is a pretty scary place to live right now.

It makes all us hill dwellers very edgy.

I also spoke to him tonight, he sounded pretty level-headed

about a very nasty situation.

If I hear anything I'll put it here in the thread.

Flak

I talked with Denny this morning and the fires are still raging on. The wind did a complete reversial last night and is heading toward Golita. He is alright for now.

Bob

Hey guys thanks for the words,We are back home and we feel very lucky,This one was a monster and those firemen did one hell of a job,This fire was giving no one any breaks,Hard to believe they lost only 75/85 homes.

It is amazing how fast you can pack and go,Here is a pic i had taked an hour before i left and 4 minutes before talking to John B on the phone.The wind was blowing 60 at the camera.It looked like it was over,Alot of us were pretty lucky.I can say it is amazing how much is not that important when you look at something like that.

post-251-1241930655_thumb.jpg

Denny,

I figured it was close to you by the tone of your voice. I did not think it was that close!! :WOW::WOW: Glad your OK.

Ol'29er

Denny,

So glad to hear that all is well for you and your family. You have had some real stressful times these past few years. I know that it must be overwhelming to look around and see the destruction around you. May your luck continue to hold, you have a guardian angel looking down upon ya.....

Jim

Denny,

So glad to hear that all is well for you and your family. You have had some real stressful times these past few years. I know that it must be overwhelming to look around and see the destruction around you. May your luck continue to hold, you have a guardian angel looking down upon ya.....

Jim

What Jim said, and having prospected with you it's 2 or 3 angels. Hope to see ya soon.

Dave