Nugget Shooter Forums

Nugget locations

Hello all, Ive done heaps of sluicing and panning before and found quite a bit of gold flakes, there is heaps of tailings around,maybe a silly question but is it likely that there is nuggets that could be found with a detector?

what metal detector would be a good start??

thanks in advance,

Brennan

Hello all, Ive done heaps of sluicing and panning before and found quite a bit of gold flakes, there is heaps of tailings around,maybe a silly question but is it likely that there is nuggets that could be found with a detector?

thanks in advance,

Brennan

Brennan, the simple answer is yes. Many of us shoot old tailing piles for specimens. You need the best metal detector you can afford, a very good pair of gloves, snake chaps and lots of sunblock. - Good Luck! - Terry

Brennan, the simple answer is yes. Many of us shoot old tailing piles for specimens. You need the best metal detector you can afford, a very good pair of gloves, snake chaps and lots of sunblock. - Good Luck! - Terry

Hi Terry

Thanks for the reply... what are snake chaps??? we dont have snakes in New Zealand.

Guest bedrock bob
Hi Terry

Thanks for the reply... what are snake chaps??? we dont have snakes in New Zealand.

No snakes in New Zealand!?! crap, send that man a few rattlers and a pair of gaiters! We have plenty here mate, dont sweat it, they will never be missed.

Aloha golddigger11,

Another islander where you dont have to worry about snakes! BOOYAH!!

I learned real quick about them little devils once I moved here from Hawaii. Man, you are so lucky. Just one more thing you dont have to think about when you go swinging a detector.

Check out the GMT by Whites as it has been very good to a bunch of us out here on the mainland and it wont kill your pocket book.

Aloha and good luck,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Terry

:cigar: No snakes? Well, snake chaps are outer garments worn to protect against poisonus snake bites. We have six or seven different flavors of rattlesnakes in the Arizona desert, plains and mountains. Too bad you can't enjoy the COMPLETE prospecting experience! :brows: - Terry

thanks in advance,

Brennan

I would highly recommend the Gold Bug 2 with a 6.5 inch coil for sensitivity and ease of use.

Steve

Golddigger11...here's a couple of prospectors with one kind of leg protectors on....and

the ones I use...first is looking down...shade for detector...also good to sit on when sitting on

the ground...

post-300-1241621382_thumb.jpg

post-300-1241621720_thumb.jpg

post-300-1241621738_thumb.jpg

Yea LL....I know what you mean but in that pic he had a good excuse....we had just come back

from a climb and beeping up a friggin hill....we were all pretty well worn out...they do look a lot

like the bunch in "deliverance"...

Here's about half way up....

post-300-1241626700_thumb.jpg

Yea LL....I know what you mean but in that pic he had a good excuse....we had just come back

from a climb and beeping up a friggin hill....we were all pretty well worn out...they do look a lot

like the bunch in "deliverance"...

Here's about half way up....

Where were you? Looks like viper country.. Terry

Yeah, that hill climb was not that bad, but the 110 degree temps were brutal! We are looking at a few found nuggets from snowflake's mini patch! It's a tough job finding gold, but someone has to do it!

Note how dark snowflake's shirt is compared to his pants.... he is literally soaked with sweat. Me on the other hand.... cool as a Polar bear in the arctic ocean!

Terry...."Fer-de-Lance"....."Bush Master"....all in the same family...their called something else here

I can't even pronounce it much less spell it....all are big mommas and very aggressive...they don't

run away ....instead they come after you....

WOW...El Dorado you don't just spread it on thick....you layer it on.... :laught16: