Nugget Shooter Forums

Looking forward...

I'm expecting a white's GMT in a week or so. If all goes well I'll be back to hunting for gold for 2 weeks in a week or so. My plan is 2 fold. I have a decent club claim and I plan or scraping a few area and if I'm lucky I'll find a couple of small nuggets and get good info on where I wish to spend more time drywashing this summer. I hope to keep my eyes open for a smaller coil than the stock one. I'd like to find whatever the smallest coil for the GMT is.

I hope to keep my eyes open for a smaller coil than the stock one. I'd like to find whatever the smallest coil for the GMT is.

Hi

The smallest coil for a GMT, that I know of, is the Goldmaster Shooter DD (4x6) check they're website more info

http://whiteselectronics.com/products/accessories/search-coils.html

you'll have to scroll down a bit.

The small coil comes in handy in bad ground. It has no depth though! I have used it to pick up super small pieces in a patch that was "clean". Have all coils possible to get the gold...Good luck!

Cooter

EbonBetta,

Just a word of advice. For nugget hunting, stay with the stock coil. Where that little coil will shine is on a mine dump. Find a good "sittin' rock" on the mine dump. Then with gloves on, (scorpions) rotate and wave each rock within reach over your little coil. After you've gotten every rock within reach, move to another sittin' rock. This is very easy, and does get some nice gold that the old-timers couldn't see. Check it out.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've got the GMT and been hunting daily.So far I'm batting zero. I know the golds here but I just haven't put the coil over any yet. Met another club member yesterday whom showed me what he was doing. He had found a few nuggets last week here. And today he got 1 tiny chip of a flake and 1 small nugget. So I know I'm in the right place. I got lead, bb's, bullet fragments and a lot of junk. I'm trying to keep my chin up I know this is the harder part of detecting.

EbonBetta,

Just a word of advice. For nugget hunting, stay with the stock coil. Where that little coil will shine is on a mine dump. Find a good "sittin' rock" on the mine dump. Then with gloves on, (scorpions) rotate and wave each rock within reach over your little coil. After you've gotten every rock within reach, move to another sittin' rock. This is very easy, and does get some nice gold that the old-timers couldn't see. Check it out.

Ben