Nugget Shooter Forums

Yep, another newbie.... Club recommendations near Phoenix?

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a few months. Great people on this site! I've enjoyed the stories, some may even be true! Obviously some folks here have known each other for a long time, and I've enjoyed the good-natured banter and cheering on. Truly lots of info in here. I'm stationed at Luke AFB. I was the one who flew over the Vulture Mines two weeks back in the very loud gray aircraft, sorry I asked for "long vectors" for the USAF training field southeast of Wickenburg to take a look around the mines and compare the colors of the mountains! Hope it wasn't too loud if anyone was out there prospecting. I'm trying to find a good club that may have a claim for me to try my hand at. Do they allow prospecting at the Vulture Mines for a fee?

Based on your info and my budget I purchased a nice little X-Terra 70 with three coils off this site from a gentleman named Don who moved up to a GP 4500. Its a great machine! And I believe I have dug every piece of .22 brass and all the lead bullets within a few miles of my house in Estrella Mountain Rach... The X-Terra 70 with the 18.75/10"DD works great but I think I'm looking in the wrong spots even with all your great intel. Anyone ever here of gold mining in the Estrella Mountain Ranch area? I looked on one of the claim mapping sites (linked on this site, of course) and there are mines west of Estrella, anyone know what they mine over there? Mr. Southern I am almost afraid to come to your shop, this hobby is addicting! One other question, do the "big boys" with GP 3000/4000/4500 dig lots of bullets too? Does it sound similar to gold on a machine like an X-Terra 70? To summarize, 'cause I am required being a military brain washed bubba and all;

- Phoenix club with claim?

- Is it allowed to prospect at or near the Vulture Mines?

- Gold mining in any area near Estrella Mountain Ranch?

- What do they mine west of Estrella Mountain Ranch?

- Guys with GP 3000/4000/4500 dig/hear lots of bullets/brass?

Thanks guys (and gals if there are any on here), I've really enjoyed this site!

Bob

Bob

Welcome fellow Newbie the following is info for Family claims in the local area, there are a bunch more out there.

Ok so here is some info that others have passed on to me, GPAA is a National club cost about 67.95 to join they give you a miners guide book gold pan some good info if you get the Buzzard Special, they have claims in almost every state in the U.S. 6 claims around Wickenburg bunch more along I-17 and Black Canyon (Bradshaw Mountains) their web site is: http://www.goldprospectors.org/

Road Runners are a local club here in AZ with a couple hundred claims in AZ, you have a choice from desert to mountains and their claims are all around the GPAA's. Not sure what the cost is but I think it is around $200 a year, check out their web site. http://roadrunnergold.com/

Miners Creek a local club up in Wickenburg has some claims around the Vulture mine and Stanton their membership is about $125 a year for the family. they have a store in Wickenburg at NW corner of Vulture Mine RD and HWY 60 Phone number is (928) 684-7014 for the club.

Hope this help good luck

Tim

Bob,

Bullets and brass and any other trash that you may find in a gold bearing area can be considered a good sign, if it is still there, then there is also a good chance the gold is also still there.

I swing a GP3000, also use an X-Terra 70 and Whites GMT. No matter where I go, what I do, the bullets, brass and trash almost always make up way over 90 % of the targets. Only exception to that statement would be in a virgin patch or junk free worked patch. :hmmmmmm: The GP3000 and other (big boys) detectors do make you dig a little deeper for some of the junk. :zapped:

Every detector has its own voice, (sound) once you get that sound ingrained into your brain, you will not miss a nugget if you pass over one. A lead bullet and a nugget pretty much sound the same, dig all targets when prospecting. The coil that you are using is the proper coil for prospecting, I also use it for coin/relics/and the beach.

Do not miss the chance to stop and exchange a word or 2 with Bill S., he might just be able to bring you up to speed on a topic or 2.

Good luck out there and welcome to the forum......

Jim

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a few months. Great people on this site! I've enjoyed the stories, some may even be true! Obviously some folks here have known each other for a long time, and I've enjoyed the good-natured banter and cheering on. Truly lots of info in here. I'm stationed at Luke AFB. I was the one who flew over the Vulture Mines two weeks back in the very loud gray aircraft, sorry I asked for "long vectors" for the USAF training field southeast of Wickenburg to take a look around the mines and compare the colors of the mountains! Hope it wasn't too loud if anyone was out there prospecting. I'm trying to find a good club that may have a claim for me to try my hand at. Do they allow prospecting at the Vulture Mines for a fee?

Based on your info and my budget I purchased a nice little X-Terra 70 with three coils off this site from a gentleman named Don who moved up to a GP 4500. Its a great machine! And I believe I have dug every piece of .22 brass and all the lead bullets within a few miles of my house in Estrella Mountain Rach... The X-Terra 70 with the 18.75/10"DD works great but I think I'm looking in the wrong spots even with all your great intel. Anyone ever here of gold mining in the Estrella Mountain Ranch area? I looked on one of the claim mapping sites (linked on this site, of course) and there are mines west of Estrella, anyone know what they mine over there? Mr. Southern I am almost afraid to come to your shop, this hobby is addicting! One other question, do the "big boys" with GP 3000/4000/4500 dig lots of bullets too? Does it sound similar to gold on a machine like an X-Terra 70? To summarize, 'cause I am required being a military brain washed bubba and all;

- Phoenix club with claim?

- Is it allowed to prospect at or near the Vulture Mines?

- Gold mining in any area near Estrella Mountain Ranch?

- What do they mine west of Estrella Mountain Ranch?

- Guys with GP 3000/4000/4500 dig/hear lots of bullets/brass?

Thanks guys (and gals if there are any on here), I've really enjoyed this site!

Bob

Wow! Big Nuggets to you Bob, and THANK YOU for your service to our great Country! I think Tim is right to point you to the Roadrunners. I'm a member as well, and they are a great club. Sounds like you are already one lucky son-of-a-tumbleweed already - flyin' around buzzin' unsuspecting gold miners! Bad boy, bad! - Terry, Army 73-76

Hey Bob! I know the Road Runners have a number of claims around the Vulture area. You mite want to check with Uncle Ron's Maps for the Vulture area. His map will show the club claims in the area and could help you decide which club has claims in the area you are looking to detect. I use a 4000 and have buckets of junk so yea we all dig the bad stuff but once in a while you find gold with the junk. I have hunted some of the RR claims and gone all day without a signal. No junk or gold meaning it had probably been hit pretty hard. No matter where you go on a claim you will need to look for the areas that take a little more effort to get to, most people want to get out of the car and find gold so those areas have been pounded.

Best of Luck

Jerry the Junker

Welcome bob.

If you are beeping for gold get ready to dig junk. Right now I'm running over 550 pieces of junk to each piece of gold. That's with a 4500. I'm doing better with a GB2 its around 300 or so. But this has a lot to do with where you are hunting. I'm in a world renowned junk pile. Don't let the junk get to you and good luck.

Thanks Bob for your service to our country/

Al. C

USMC 65-68

Thanks Jim! Makes me feel better about the massive amount of time I've spent diggent spent shells and lead bullets. I've found some interesting stuff in my time though, including some really cool tunnels, I guess they're "mines" along some washes I've searched. They look old, and they look hacked out by hand to a depth of about 10', although they go directly into the wall of the wash where there's a sheer granite face. Are these common in AZ mining areas? They look like they took a ton of work. No gold that I've found yet near them though. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Bob

Bob,

Bullets and brass and any other trash that you may find in a gold bearing area can be considered a good sign, if it is still there, then there is also a good chance the gold is also still there.

I swing a GP3000, also use an X-Terra 70 and Whites GMT. No matter where I go, what I do, the bullets, brass and trash almost always make up way over 90 % of the targets. Only exception to that statement would be in a virgin patch or junk free worked patch. :hmmmmmm: The GP3000 and other (big boys) detectors do make you dig a little deeper for some of the junk. :zapped:

Every detector has its own voice, (sound) once you get that sound ingrained into your brain, you will not miss a nugget if you pass over one. A lead bullet and a nugget pretty much sound the same, dig all targets when prospecting. The coil that you are using is the proper coil for prospecting, I also use it for coin/relics/and the beach.

Do not miss the chance to stop and exchange a word or 2 with Bill S., he might just be able to bring you up to speed on a topic or 2.

Good luck out there and welcome to the forum......

Jim

Al,

Awesome info, its a bit frustrating, but I'm still enjoying it. You don't know how much it means to me that you passed on that 550/1 ratio on the junk! I thought I was doing something wrong. I'm probably working the wrong areas, in fact I know I am, but its good practice. I kind of thought the software would filter out some stuff, which apparently it doesn't (other than Iron, which it masks some times) on my machine or apparently any machine.

Thanks for your service Sir; Marines 65-68 earned their pay quite a bit more than I ever have. My Dad served in OH-6s 1968-69 and he's lucky he came home. Great advice, thanks again.

Bob

Welcome bob.

If you are beeping for gold get ready to dig junk. Right now I'm running over 550 pieces of junk to each piece of gold. That's with a 4500. I'm doing better with a GB2 its around 300 or so. But this has a lot to do with where you are hunting. I'm in a world renowned junk pile. Don't let the junk get to you and good luck.

Thanks Bob for your service to our country/

Al. C

USMC 65-68

Thanks Terry, yet another military bubba! Thanks for the info on the Roadrunners, hope to see you out there some time. We've been hammering pretty hard lately at work, and I'm looking to start working on something more relaxing!

Bob USAF (1991-?)

Wow! Big Nuggets to you Bob, and THANK YOU for your service to our great Country! I think Tim is right to point you to the Roadrunners. I'm a member as well, and they are a great club. Sounds like you are already one lucky son-of-a-tumbleweed already - flyin' around buzzin' unsuspecting gold miners! Bad boy, bad! - Terry, Army 73-76

Thanks Jerry! LOL, you "big boys" with the cosmic GP 3000/4000/4500's are making me feel better about my free "desert recycling" efforts. I will take your advice on working the tougher areas to reach to heart. Hope to see you out there some day.

Bob

Hey Bob! I know the Road Runners have a number of claims around the Vulture area. You mite want to check with Uncle Ron's Maps for the Vulture area. His map will show the club claims in the area and could help you decide which club has claims in the area you are looking to detect. I use a 4000 and have buckets of junk so yea we all dig the bad stuff but once in a while you find gold with the junk. I have hunted some of the RR claims and gone all day without a signal. No junk or gold meaning it had probably been hit pretty hard. No matter where you go on a claim you will need to look for the areas that take a little more effort to get to, most people want to get out of the car and find gold so those areas have been pounded.

Best of Luck

Jerry the Junker

Bob

Sorry that I did not respond earlier, No I still have not found any nuggets yet but I am finding some fine gold (small quantities) on the GPAA claim that I am working. My son and I are digging a lot of trash as everyone else is too, but where there is trash there is treasure. :icon_mrgreen:

Good luck and Thank you for your Service, could have been you that flew cover for me in Operation Baton Rouge, if so Thanks a hell of a lot, if not tell your buddies THANKS.

Later

Tim

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

To all the vets on this forum, I who had a physical exclusion, thank you for the sacrifices you all made in the service of our country. Even though I did not serve, I do understand the sacrifice.

And yet it is a new, corporately global world in which nations are having less and less significance.

It is also unfortunate that man has not evolved beyond the failure of war, since war really only changes the players, not the rules. As this forum shows, cooperation and sharing among men and women brings growth.

Barret Strong, Norman Whitfield/Edwin Star

WAR

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War is something that I despise

For it means destruction of innocent lives

For it means tears in thousands of mothers' eyes

When their sons go out to fight to give their lives

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War

It's nothing but a heartbreaker

War

Friend only to the undertaker

War is the enemy of all mankind

The thought of war blows my mind

Handed down from generation to generation

Induction destruction

Who wants to die

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War has shattered many young men's dreams

Made them disabled bitter and mean

Life is too precious to be fighting wars

each day

War can't give life it can only take it away

War

War

Peace love and understanding

There must be some place for these things today

They say we must fight to keep our freedom

But Lord there's gotta be a better way

That's better than

War

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

To all the vets on this forum, I who had a physical exclusion, thank you for the sacrifices you all made in the service of our country. Even though I did not serve, I do understand the sacrifice.

And yet it is a new, corporately global world in which nations are having less and less significance.

It is also unfortunate that man has not evolved beyond the failure of war, since war really only changes the players, not the rules. As this forum shows, cooperation and sharing among men and women brings growth.

Barret Strong, Norman Whitfield/Edwin Star

WAR

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War is something that I despise

For it means destruction of innocent lives

For it means tears in thousands of mothers' eyes

When their sons go out to fight to give their lives

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War

War

War is the enemy of all mankind

The thought of war blows my mind

Handed down from generation to generation

Induction destruction

Who wants to die

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

War has shattered many young men's dreams

Made them disabled bitter and mean

Life is too precious to be fighting wars

each day

War can't give life it can only take it away

War

War

Peace love and understanding

There must be some place for these things today

They say we must fight to keep our freedom

But Lord there's gotta be a better way

That's better than

War

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

:yourock: :cool04:

Terry

This probably needs to continue in the Politics forum, but you would not be living in a free capitalistic society if it were not for wars! You and your kin might very well be living under the tyrannical rule of the Japanese right now if it were not for war. Or maybe still be bowing to the Queen........... Never forget your history just to be politically correct!

Were you the one flying low and slow down Lions Canyon on the east side of Rich Hill? If so, I saw you. I think it was a Thursday. I didn't have time to grab my camera, but it was a beautiful sight.

Jerry

This probably needs to continue in the Politics forum, but you would not be living in a free capitalistic society if it were not for wars! You and your kin might very well be living under the tyrannical rule of the Japanese right now if it were not for war. Or maybe still be bowing to the Queen........... Never forget your history just to be politically correct!

FYI, Japan and Great Britain were and remain capitalist economies.

Like many ill-informed Americans you are confusing governmental structures (monarchy, dictatorship, tribal war lords, republic, etc.) with economics.

Just incidentally, the US is a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC, i.e., a REPUBLICAN FORM OF GOVERNANCE based in DEMOCRACIC PRINCIPLE. (Never forget your history just to be politically correct!) It's national economic, capitalism, is exceedingly ANTI-DEMOCRATIC.

As evidence of this anti-democratic economic, consider the legislated slave-wage of poverty which steals a man's labor under the guise of legality in conjunction with the laws of inheritance which reward people who have done nothing.

There is no economic forum here, which is where capitalism belongs.

know it all to be,

What you've done is called "hijacking a thread".

Please try to stay on topic.

The politics and off topic forum is the place to discuss anything not related to the hobby.

nvchris

Bob...Roadrunners have a number of claims just north of the Vulture Mine...The used to be pretty good, but have been hammered hard....But you still can squeak one out there from time to time...The Vulture Mine, itself, doesn't allow mining or metal detecting on its property but you can do a self guided tour for $5...GPAA has quite a few claims nearby including LSD, Rich Hill and the eastern side of the Bradshaw mountains ranging from Rock Springs north almost to Prescott...Good luck..Cheers, Unc

And another newbie here in Mesa.

I hope you don't mind if I steal this advice as well.

That trash to find ratio sounds about right.

Taking my coinshooter out along the lakes, rivers and camped area on public land in N. Wisconsin has left those areas cleaner.