Nugget Shooter Forums

Victorio mining district New Mexico

I have been out to this area ton's of times.

Mostly just rooting around and detecting around the old buildings. Littered with ton's of Prince Albert cans and junk.

Have found some cool samples within the tailing of various goodies.

Question Is,,, Has Any One found any gold out there?

The whole are is claimed up as per Lode Claims but you can still surface hunt.

There are few Patented claims that must be treated as Private Properties and all is well.

Any and All Gold mentioned within the Reports came from Lode as composite or complex ore.

Eddit: My attachment will not go. Anyone wants to see it I can Get it to you some how. PDF file.

Do you think there could be any chance of finding Placer, or small Nuggets in the Area?

Page 93 of the report shows mineral types and locations. I was thinking of looking down hill from the copper vains.

...I was thinking of looking down hill from the copper vains.

Well, gold is heavy. And I understand gold is a bonus metal for many copper operations. I wonder how/where it forms geologically in relation to metals such as copper.

Well, gold is heavy. And I understand gold is a bonus metal for many copper operations. I wonder how/where it forms geologically in relation to metals such as copper.

Gold rides a Iron horse.

Iron, Copper, Silver, Quartz all are deposited in the same fashions.

If you find a combo of any two, your going to find some of another.

http://geoinfo.nmt.edu/publications/openfi...75/459/LUNA.pdf

Gold rides a Iron horse.

Iron, Copper, Silver, Quartz all are deposited in the same fashions.

If you find a combo of any two, your going to find some of another.

http://geoinfo.nmt.edu/publications/openfi...75/459/LUNA.pdf

Thanks for the informative pdf. I see a bit more clearly what you are up against and why you have asked. Good luck.

Homefire

Just a little point,so any new prospectors don't get in

trouble. Unless you have permission,it is illegal to prospect,

or detect for locatable minerals on any type of mining claim.

Removing gold or other locatable minerals from the surface

without permission on any claim can get you a quick trip to

jail,or in some cases shot.

Lots of claim owners are getting tired of high graders,and mis

informed wanna be prospectors trespassing. Some are wound

a little tight,and can be pretty radical.

Guest bedrock bob

Try the main canyon on the back (south) side, leading from the western range (there is a saddle in the middle). It heads down from the top to the southwest. No nuggets, just fine color. All against bedrock. No color in the alluvium at all (precious little on bedrock, but it is there). I have found gold in one canyon down by the highway leading off that western end too.

Check LR200 on those lode claims. I would imagine there is VERY LITTLE interest in this area. It would not surprise me if the whole shooting match is open ground. The old Peru Mills in Deming used to have a stake up here and they are long gone.

Go a little farther to Lordsburg and check out the Pyramid. There IS placer in several spots around there. Again, it is not good, but you can get some color.

Bob

Try the main canyon on the back (south) side, leading from the western range (there is a saddle in the middle). It heads down from the top to the southwest. No nuggets, just fine color. All against bedrock. No color in the alluvium at all (precious little on bedrock, but it is there). I have found gold in one canyon down by the highway leading off that western end too.

Check LR200 on those lode claims. I would imagine there is VERY LITTLE interest in this area. It would not surprise me if the whole shooting match is open ground. The old Peru Mills in Deming used to have a stake up here and they are long gone.

Go a little farther to Lordsburg and check out the Pyramid. There IS placer in several spots around there. Again, it is not good, but you can get some color.

Bob

Cool Beans!

Asper Geo Communicator, the whole shooting match is claimed by some outfit up in SantaFe! No one is going to get shot! :laught16: Border Patrol are a pain out there though! Got chased by a P.O.ed Cow one time.

Next I'm out there I'll root around some.

Cool Beans!

Asper Geo Communicator, the whole shooting match is claimed by some outfit up in SantaFe! No one is going to get shot! :laught16: Border Patrol are a pain out there though! Got chased by a P.O.ed Cow one time.

Oh Christ Homefire....Please dont get Bob started on the cow story again! :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Guest bedrock bob
Cool Beans!

Santa Fe Mining? They are big into placer areas here in NM. If this is the company let me know! Maybe there is light at the end of the adit.

Guest bedrock bob
Oh Christ Homefire....Please dont get Bob started on the cow story again! :laught16::laught16::laught16:

BEEF. It is what's for dinner!

Homefire, just summon up some voodoo lighting in your hand and slap those unruly cattle! Knock the crap out of one and the rest just fall in line.

"Mongo just pawn in game of life".

Bedrock Bob