Nugget Shooter Forums

April wasn't the best month and far from the worst! I had a goal in mind to clean out our dink patch this month. April started off great then I hit 3 days of the skunks and then on the 7th of April I had a great day. By the 10th I had a little over 1 ounce of nuggets and the patch wasn't giving them up easy. I thought I could pound out 2 ounces by the end of the month. Deep digging and dragging my 12 x 15 Commander Mono and then my 16" Round GoldStalker to pull then little guys out of the depths. On the 29th I needed .8 dwt's to make my goal of 2 ounces. Having already dug up a few boot tacks and a handful of little pieces of steel, I found a faint signal, not much different from the targets I already dug. But, once my trusty all metal pick dug out a couple of big cobbles, I was thinking this could be it! I stuck my coil in the hole and it blasted at me, I said, I know that sound and a couple more scrapes and the target was out and into the pile of dirt. I pin pointed it and got it in the first scoop, by the second handfull of dirt I had it in hand. A shinny 1.6 dwt nugget...I hunted a little more and headed home for a cool one! I'd like to thank the Gold Gods...until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

April2009Total002.jpg

April2009Total003.jpg

Wow Great Job. I envy you so much and wish I had an area like that in my neck of the woods.

Gold Gods... naw. It's your raw determination, willingness to go hunt everyday no matter what the Wx, and superb hunting skills. It was my pleasure to watch you work your magic on a few of those days.. and to bring home a few of my own pieces.

Thanks Lucky!

Silver Dog,

You know it's the location. This patch didn't have many multi pennyweight nuggets, but groups of them under a pennyweight. Hence "The Dink Patch". I hate/dislike calling any nugget under a pennyweight a nugget. I grew up calling them a picker in Arizona. A few of our pickers hit the scale at 2 or 3 grains, they all add up in the poke. One man's nuggets is another man's pickers...I love them all equally!!!

Do you Summer up in Showlow...my folks are up there now and heard word of a guy and his big silver nugget that lives down the street.

LuckyLundy

El Dorado,

What was it...27 April, you put the skunk on me that day! I enjoy your company and look forward to our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

Sorry about that... when I tossed that skunk off my tail I had no idea it would land behind you :laught16: :laught16:

Rick if I didn,t count all the little dingers that I find with my detector as nuggets, then all I would have is pickers. Maybe someday I will have the luxurey of finding a real Gold nugget. Doug

Steve,

I kicked that skunk to you know who on the 29th. I don't think I have that handful of nuggets photo in your avitar...pls send.

LuckyLundy

It's comin' to you at the speed of light, the two dinks in the photo are Tony's!

LL...the first part of your name is sure true but like they say it takes sweat and hard work to

make luck....hang in there and look out for the "old timer"....you guys sure make a good team....

thanks for the post and great pics....

Yo, LL...That's an awesome poke and some really beautiful gold too... Mostly jewelry quality too.... Ought to get Steve to make you up some...He did a nice job for me...Somehow I think you'll be cleanin' on that patch for a while yet...You certainly have it dialed in....WTG!... :woohoo: Cheers, Unc

Lucky,

My hat is off to you, that is some really nice looking yellar..... and from what I have been reading, it could not have happened to a nicer feller.... Been fun reading the gold posts that you have made.

Hope that your luck continues.....

Jim