Nugget Shooter Forums

Excellent Service

AZ4AU

Hello All,

There was a little bashing of Whites Service awhile back and all I can say is they went the extra mile and took care of my problem as well as Garrett .

I was having some issues with the DFX last year and sent it in , my problem seemed to occur after runnng the unit for better then an hour and the display wouldn't clear off the -95 number , you would have to keep pulling the trigger . I shipped it off and when I received it back the problem was still there , I called the tech and he told me they replaced the main PCB and he neglected to check one more thing out . I explained that issue with another tech and he said send it in , off it went back to Sweet Home, OR . I received it back today, not the one I sent in but a completely brand new unit and they also replaced my small coil that I shipped with it .

I also purchased a Garrett's Pro Pinpointer last year and it worked great until recently, it would start going off without being near the target , I called Garrett and they said , send it in for a new replacement , I received it today also .

Kudo's to Whites Electronics and Garrett :wubu:

Hi Mike good to hear they both took care of you-My garret pinpointer works just fine :headphones: -I just got a whites Vision but to soon to say anything yet--I took it out for a few hours last saturday and found 2 dollars in clad --one wheatie and a silver ring--I guess its not to bad for the first getting aquainted beepin round---this beeper will keep me busy for a while as it has endless possibillities :icon_mrgreen: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hello Guys,

Mike,

My pinpointer worked fine for about 7 months and then it went haywire , does yours give a sinle or double beep when turning it on ? My first one was a single beep and now this new one does a double beep .

Garimpo,

I had a similar problem with my Minelab once , sent it in for repair and got back someone else's box , shipped it back to them and they sent me a Brand New one . Kudo's Minelab !

Yeah that was me bashing whites.I have to be honest,They sent me back a broken machine.Im not going to fight about this topic Anymore.This Is the truth,sorry whites guys.Im buying another whites machine,the Mxt if the gold scanner is not as good as people say.There service may be a little harder to get if they still service them LOL

I wish I could say I was happy with whites service(for I am buying mxt),but I was not.I fixed it myself and problem solved.I have since sold the machine, I was afraid of it breaking down again,since I tampered with the work, there fix would not be on warrenty.

I have heard similar stories,I did alot of google searching.Everyone that kept sending in there mahcines got them fixed,but one guy sent his in 3 times before whites just ended up replacing it with a newer XLT,thats pretty good service!

I know if I sent mine back in,it would get fixed,BUT I would have to pay for the shipping of 2 repair jobs,thats not cool,I expect it done right the first time.Thats the truth of the matter.Think what you want but this is what happened to me.

I hope in the future I receive better service and I am sure I will.They are one of the best metal detectors in the world,with all the good service other people have received you take the good with the bad.Everyone cant be perfect all the time and I am sure whites did test it before it left.

Hello All,

There was a little bashing of Whites Service awhile back and all I can say is they went the extra mile and took care of my problem as well as Garrett .

I was having some issues with the DFX last year and sent it in , my problem seemed to occur after runnng the unit for better then an hour and the display wouldn't clear off the -95 number , you would have to keep pulling the trigger . I shipped it off and when I received it back the problem was still there , I called the tech and he told me they replaced the main PCB and he neglected to check one more thing out . I explained that issue with another tech and he said send it in , off it went back to Sweet Home, OR . I received it back today, not the one I sent in but a completely brand new unit and they also replaced my small coil that I shipped with it .

I also purchased a Garrett's Pro Pinpointer last year and it worked great until recently, it would start going off without being near the target , I called Garrett and they said , send it in for a new replacement , I received it today also .

Kudo's to Whites Electronics and Garrett :wubu:

I too had a problem with my Gmt. While it was being repaired I bought a refurbished Gmt. Now I have two great Detectors. Whites did a great job. Silver Dog